Any Respectable coach would quit

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
There comes a point where you know you arent doing any good. That your efforts are hurting the team more than helping. At some point you have to admit you have failed. Any respectable coach would have moved on by now. Hated Parcells, but he understood that.

That time for Garrett has long passed. At the end of this year he just needs to pack his stuff and go if Jerry wont fire him He must be wondering how he still has a job.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
There comes a point where you know you arent doing any good. That your efforts are hurting the team more than helping. At some point you have to admit you have failed. Any respectable coach would have moved on by now. Hated Parcells, but he understood that.

That time for Garrett has long passed. At the end of this year he just needs to pack his stuff and go if Jerry wont fire him He must be wondering how he still has a job.
Are you kidding? Garrett has worked long and hard to get in the family portrait and he is only a .500 season away from an extension. Why quit now?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Are you kidding? Garrett has worked long and hard to get in the family portrait and he is only a .500 season away from an extension. Why quit now?

Laughing his way to the bank eh? Jerry and Garrett deserve each other.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Left to his own devices, Garrett would be Coach for Life here. And the way he's maneuvered to get and keep this job to this point shows that there's no way that he himself would willingly give it up, no matter how sorry the results get.

No, this needs to be cut out, because it's not going to leave on its own.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Garrett will not be walking away from $6 million a year unless he finds himself suffering burnout. While people wanting him gone are enduring Garrett burnout, he is feeling just as vibrant as ever. Anyone can tell just by watching his vigorous clapping.

visionary

Reaction score

You're right
Any respectable coach would

Wolfpack

Reaction score
He’s scammed about 50 million dollars out of the Jones family, he’s not stopping of his on free will. He’ll keep throwing everyone under the bus to keep his paycheck.

1972COWBOY

Reaction score
I CANT BELIEVE IM THE COACH OF THE DALLAS COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!!

I think his ego gets in the way

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score

Pretty hard to return those paychecks being cashed.

I think I would wait until told to go.

I like my money.

And with all Garrett has had to endure..

I am sure he feels he has earned it whether we agree or not.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Well Garrett isn't respectable. The guy didn't earn anything. He's sucked up his way into his position using the connections of his family, and the ability of latter is very questionable in terms of football aptitude if you look at their history, i.e., they suck. He has a history degree from Princeton and is making $6 million per year for something he is absolutely not qualified for. All he has to do is make the boss feel comfortable and politic like he's actually doing something, e.g., clap a lot. He's living the dream. The guy threw some balls up for grabs to a HOF receiver in Irvin and a great second receiver in Harper while being guarded by of the most dominant offensive lines and playing with one of the greatest running backs ever on Thanksgiving day one time some twenty years ago and for some reason certain people think he's qualified to be the head coach of the greatest team in the sport.

Carter

Reaction score
He would throw the parking spot advisor with 5 Kids at home under the bus if it would mean him keeping the Job.

This dude is like Stage 4 Cancer. It just wont go away.