Any Updates On Randy Gregory?

DandyTom64

Reaction score
He's indefinitely suspended until he gets reinstated.

If he actually did file the paperwork, the NFL would have had to issue a response by now . They only have 60 days to respond. I suspect he changed his mind.
Changed his mind or was hanging out with Cheech and Chong and it slipped his mind.

DcFootball4

Reaction score
I bet JJ is doing his thing, working towards weed being good to go in the league. He’s probably saying RG stay out till that time, when Urban or Lincoln are HC. They’ll probably have it be cool with a doctors card. I just saw driving today (in Maine) a sign to get your card for $75. It’s legal to grow here, just need a card to buy from the dispensaries.

fansince68

Reaction score
We miss Gregory. He was a big part of our success on defense last year. More talent is always better.
We dont miss Gregory. Quinn is Gregory X 4 without a suspension. Gregory needs to be in the rear view at this point. He is a non factor and simply a conversation piece.

MikeB80

Reaction score
We dont miss Gregory. Quinn is Gregory X 4 without a suspension. Gregory needs to be in the rear view at this point. He is a non factor and simply a conversation piece.

well quinn was suspended for two games.

Gregory was the most talented lineman this team had. HIs loss is big. Now with crawford on IR that is two guys who had good seasons gone.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Actually from what I've read, he needs pot to handle his anxieties, etc. It's an emotional thing, has nothing to do with his desire to play football.

Well you read opinions from people who do not know him ....... his family and friends have all said time and time again that he is not bi-polar or anything ...... just immature and makes bad decisions.

He cares more about smoking pot alone than making millions of dollars playing football ....... sorry if people do not like to hear it ....... but its true.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Well you read opinions from people who do not know him ....... his family and friends have all said time and time again that he is not bi-polar or anything ...... just immature and makes bad decisions.

He cares more about smoking pot alone than making millions of dollars playing football ....... sorry if people do not like to hear it ....... but its true.
It's not true. He hasn't failed a drug test in over 3 years but keep lying about he just wants to smoke weed.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I bet JJ is doing his thing, working towards weed being good to go in the league. He’s probably saying RG stay out till that time, when Urban or Lincoln are HC. They’ll probably have it be cool with a doctors card. I just saw driving today (in Maine) a sign to get your card for $75. It’s legal to grow here, just need a card to buy from the dispensaries.

Here in Texas it is not just illegal to use weed, but its illegal to even have it in your possession.

Even if the NFL did allow the use of weed, I dont know how the players would get around it being legal in some states and illegal in others.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
He hasn't been out nearly as long as last time.

1 offseason is not that much.

Put both instances together and you've got something to be concerned about, in my book.

At this point in time, it's seldom being mentioned any more. His timely return is a longshot.

Last edited:

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Josh Gordon has been suspended a lot more than Gregory in his career. Literally took about two weeks for him to get reinstated when he applied. You just have to love the consistency of the NFL office.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Josh Gordon has been suspended a lot more than Gregory in his career. Literally took about two weeks for him to get reinstated when he applied. You just have to love the consistency of the NFL office.

What if it's not the NFL, but the player?

superonyx

Reaction score
At this point, I don't want Gregory back this season. I don't want him getting another accrued season after missing everything before season start, and having his training camp on the fly during the season.

I'd be happy to have him back if he can show up for the entire offseason and give us a guy ready to play come the regular season.
That will show him. The tough guy approach has always worked for addicts.

Creeper

Reaction score
Since we haven't heard anything, my guess is his reinstatement was denied. Remember that he was suspended in February at the end of last season after having been suspended and reinstated in 2018. I cannot imagine Goodell would not make Gregory serve a substantial suspension before reinstatement. It would not surprise me if he is not reinstated until the the beginning of next season. But I could also see him coming back after 10 games. If I was putting money on it, I would bet its a full year suspension and we won't see him on the field until 2020, assuming he doesn't fail or miss any more tests. This is a guess on my part since there has been no news about him since August when it was reported he was applying for reinstatement.