Anybody heard of Sheep

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
Anyone around here ever play a game called Sheep, where a moderator asks a series of questions and people answer based on what they think the most popular response will be? I was on a message board years ago and we used to have seasons, where we'd play for 8-10 weeks in a row. Essentially you get a point for each time a user picks the same answer you do. It was usually 10 questions a week. We'd have games with over 100 responses and the scoring was pretty wild.
:huh:

I'd be interested in running it if we wanted to give a shortened season a try (like 5 weeks to get us to Training Camp). If there isn't interest no skin off my back, but reply if you would like more information or already think you would play.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So essentially, whoever answers the same as most people the most often wins? Is it done like a poll, where you can only see the answers after you've answered?

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Anyone around here ever play a game called Sheep, where a moderator asks a series of questions and people answer based on what they think the most popular response will be? I was on a message board years ago and we used to have seasons, where we'd play for 8-10 weeks in a row. Essentially you get a point for each time a user picks the same answer you do. It was usually 10 questions a week. We'd have games with over 100 responses and the scoring was pretty wild.
:huh:

I'd be interested in running it if we wanted to give a shortened season a try (like 5 weeks to get us to Training Camp). If there isn't interest no skin off my back, but reply if you would like more information or already think you would play.
Sounds like a spin off of Family Feud

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
So essentially, whoever answers the same as most people the most often wins? Is it done like a poll, where you can only see the answers after you've answered?
Yes. I'd list 10 questions, and users can PM me their answers. I compile all the answers into a spreadsheet. Then you get the number of points based on how many answers match yours.

For instance if we have 10 people playing, and I say name your favorite color and 7 say red, 2 say blue and 1 says green, the person that said green gets 1 point, the 7 people that said red get 7 points and those who said blue get 2 points.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd play if I could bribe the judge. Playing fair is for suckers, what's the challenge in that?

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
I know this didn't get much play, and maybe I should just take the hint. But in the interest of giving this a legit trial, how about I throw out the first 10 questions and see what kind of response I get? If I only get a few, I'll let it die and crawl back to my hole. But some folks might enjoy it. I'll do 5 NFL/Cowboys related questions and 5 pop-culture questions.

Week 1
1. Who is the Cowboys' most hated rival?
2. If Garrett is let go after 2019, who is the next head coach of the Dallas Cowboys?
3. What will be the Dallas Cowboys' draft position in the 2020 NFL Draft?
4. Aside from Zeke, who will be the NFL's leading rusher in 2019?
5. Who will be the best player on the Dallas defense in 2019?
6. Marvel, DC or nah?
7. Which Disney remake will gross the most money this year?
8. Who will be the NBA MVP in 2019-2020?
9. What state has the best beach in the US (excluding Hawaii)?
10. Who will be the Democratic nominee for president in 2020?

Again, the object of the game is to pick the most popular answer (aka Family Feud style). PM your answers if you want to play. I will accept answers until Monday at 7 p.m. CDT.

Status
Not open for further replies.