Anybody heard what is up with Byron Jones?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I don't see anything to support that claim, and rightfully so. We try to retain our great players. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt like Dlaw. We'll try to keep Byron.

Oh I agree 110% FO will do everything they can to keep him, but remember next year will only be his 2nd year as full-time CB. Not sure they'll invest something north of $60M to sign him long-term w/o seeing more interceptions. If you remember this FO been screaming turnovers forever it seems. They changed schemes and coaches trying to fix the turnover issue. Over the next couple of years, we have to extend or make decisions on Dak, DLaw, Cooper, Zeke and Byron Jones with Jaylon Smith coming down the pipe coz he's RFA after this season ( could lose him if we're not ready to match an offer).
So that why I say Byron may get caught in the numbers game.

BTW.......Wanna hear something interesting. It appears Byron Jones style of play is following two other long-time Cowboy CBs in T-New and Carr. Remember how both were damn good CBs who could shut down most opponents best receivers but like Jones, they weren't known for interceptions or turnovers.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Oh I agree 110% FO will do everything they can to keep him, but remember next year will only be his 2nd year as full-time CB. Not sure they'll invest something north of $60M to sign him long-term w/o seeing more interceptions. If you remember this FO been screaming turnovers forever it seems. They changed schemes and coaches trying to fix the turnover issue. Over the next couple of years, we have to extend or make decisions on Dak, DLaw, Cooper, Zeke and Byron Jones with Jaylon Smith coming down the pipe coz he's RFA after this season ( could lose him if we're not ready to match an offer).
So that why I say Byron may get caught in the numbers game.

BTW.......Wanna hear something interesting. It appears Byron Jones style of play is following two other long-time Cowboy CBs in T-New and Carr. Remember how both were damn good CBs who could shut down most opponents best receivers but like Jones, they weren't known for interceptions or turnovers.

Good post.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
As it stands now, we have 29 players under contract in 2020. With 124 m in cap space(before the increase, which on average has been +10 mil every year)

Let’s say 135 million. To fill 23 roster spots. Assuming they don’t trade any picks, let’s imagine they have 7 next year. They shouldn’t be picking at the top barring catastrophe, so we’ll be safe and set aside 10 mil for rookies on the cap.

125 mil to sign 16 players.

Jaylon will need a new deal.
Byron
Zeke
Dak
Law
Coop

Dak, Law and coop appear to be headed towards re-signing this offseason. Possibly zeke as well.

Well overestimate to be safe.

30/yr Dak
22/yr Law
18/yr Coop
15/yr Zeke
15/yr Byron
15/yr Jaylon

That’s 115 mil/per.
The money is definitely there, it’s a matter of if they’ll use it.

You make it look so simple........LOL

But seriously, so this would leave us what? Around $10m under the cap?

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score
You make it look so simple........LOL

But seriously, so this would leave us what? Around $10m under the cap?

Also, if they need to, they can restructure any of the big three lineman and free up somewhere like 15-20 I believe, if they wanted to make a splash... but it is Dallas so will they actually? Doubtful lmao ugh

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
After watching all these deals go down this year, he's probably assembling an army of financial advisers.
How many interceptions did he get?
How did he play at the end of the year?

He should be working on his craft, not mouthing off like some of our guys, soft Taco for example!

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
He’s practicing his standing broad jump. Wants to break his own record.
Hey..

Can not blame him.

Something to fall back incase he can not score his $15 mil/yr.new deal.

Maybe he can hook on with the Nadia Comeniche Former Olympic Stars Who Are Now Grossly Overweight Review Tour.

He can do halftime.

The market for broad jumping is wide open.

:eek:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hey..

Can not blame him.

Something to fall back incase he can not score his $15 mil/yr.new deal.

Maybe he can hook on with the Nadia Comeniche Former Olympic Stars Who Are Now Grossly Overweight Review Tour.

He can do halftime.

The market for broad jumping is wide open.

:eek:
Nadia wouldn’t take him, so he’s applying with Olga Korbut.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Nadia wouldn’t take him, so he’s applying with Olga Korbut.
At least you picked a name you could spell.

My spellchecker gave me a question mark.

My Alexa here at home said..

"I am sorry..I do not know that one."

It sucks when all your A I bails on you.

:omg:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At least you picked a name you could spell.

My spellchecker gave me a question mark.

My Alexa here at home said..

"I am sorry..I do not know that one."

It sucks when all your A I bails on you.

:omg:
I admit to looking up Korbut. Turns out I had it right all along, but I was half thinking it might be Korbet.

blueblood70

Reaction score
why because hes SO FAR down the list if more important signings.. plus with Lewis right there to take his place, theres not much of priority as of this moment..

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
How many interceptions did he get?
How did he play at the end of the year?

He should be working on his craft, not mouthing off like some of our guys, soft Taco for example!

1. He had 14 PDs on limited targets, two of them on 4th down resulting in TOs
2. Ge played good the last three or so games of the end of the season, not elite like ththe beginning, but that happens when that CB plays the highest % of snaps amongst all CBs in the league and the coaches still used him on freaking special teams.

What are you talking about? Lol. When has he ever mouthed off? Wholistically Byron likely has the fewest flaws of any player on the team outside of Martin.

Just curious what players do you like?

kskboys

Reaction score
1. He had 14 PDs on limited targets, two of them on 4th down resulting in TOs
2. Ge played good the last three or so games of the end of the season, not elite like ththe beginning, but that happens when that CB plays the highest % of snaps amongst all CBs in the league and the coaches still used him on freaking special teams.

What are you talking about? Lol. When has he ever mouthed off? Wholistically Byron likely has the fewest flaws of any player on the team outside of Martin.

Just curious what players do you like?
Zeke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!