Anybody Want to Talk About The Giants Game...

Reaction score
Does anybody want to talk about the Giants/Cowboys game? I am sick of all of this nonsense with the distraction this team is reportedly having.

Well, if you guys do, what are the keys to a Cowboys win?

IMO, here are my keys to a Cowboys win.

On Offense:

1) Cowboys must get Barber and Choice going early. If they can establish the run that could set up the big play down field.

2) Limit penalties.

3) Protect Romo against Tuck and company

4) limit turnovers

5) Get a lead and finish

On Defense:

1) Stop the Giants #1 run offense

2) Pressure Eli into mistakes

3) Secure the lead and finish

Boysboy

Reaction score
The Giants are the MOST boring team in the league, which is why I rarely ever talk about them, period.

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
keys to the game:

1) the Cowboys must score more points than the Giants.

the end.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
I'm still stewing about man-handling the stealers only to lose...............

Hard to shake.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Offensive line will be key. Protect Romo and we win.
I just wish Barber was 100% They have to now know Choice is worth a good bunch of caries.

slick325

Reaction score
I can't argue with any of your keys to the game Pick6. For the rest of the season I think Dallas should run the ball more and only take shots when they can. This will limit Romo's propensity to turn the ball over and it will give the defense a rest. Plus, that will hide the OL's deficiencies in pass protection.

Garrett and Romo need to get in a groove to close this season out strong.

sacowboysfan513

Reaction score
I believe the two biggest keys you listed were Turnovers and pressure. Which will tie in together. If we pressure Eli, he will force some passes and turn the ball over.

And we can't turn the ball over. And if we do, please be on the far end of the opponents endzone. Not 20 yards away.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Great thread. And one of the reasons why I think we lose come Sunday. There is so much crap going on besides football, that the players cannot put all their focus and energy into this make or break game.

As far as the game is concerned:

Stop the run.
Force them into 3rd and longs
Tee off on Eli and rattle him

Use short/intermediate passing game to open up run
Pound Barber/Choice
Mix it up and keep them guessing.

*Edit* And as the above poster stated, turnovers. We cannot turn the ball over. We currently have 26 turnovers which is 29th in the league. You want a reason for our struggles? There it is. 26 giveaways, and only 18 takeaways for a -8 difference. Maybe dumb old Parcells was on to something...

Guess who is number on in differential? The Dolphins. Guess who is tied for the AFCE lead and doing more with much much less talent? The Dolphins.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
It's the same as winning any other game, really. There's no special preperation that goes into this game. If they can run at will, like any other team, they will probably win. If we turn the ball over a lot, like any other team, they will probably win.

We just need to play good football. Play defense and score points, that's it.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I think we have to stop the run, and I think we will. It should help that Jacobs is out -- or playing at well less than 100% -- but I think we might even load up the box a little to make sure. Last time they simply overpowered us, and we can't let that happen again.

So I think we're going to leave our corners without much help quite a bit, and I worry that Eli will have a big day. The weather should be perfect, and while some don't agree, I think Eli is very good at knowing where to go with the ball the last year and a half or so. And he's usually pretty accurate. I bet he's much better than he was against the Eagles in that terrible wind.

So I think we have to hope that our DBs make plays on the ball. That might be a lot harder if Hamlin can't go, and with Killa gutting it out on one good leg.

We also have to contain Boss, who is a real talent. But maybe we can slow him down with Henry, which we couldn't do last time with Newman out and Jenkins having to start.

Offensively, I have no idea what will happen. That's where all the turmoil of this week might show up, I'm afraid. And we don't know if Barber can play, or how well he can play if he does. I could see anything from big plays all over the field like the first two games last year to a lousy-looking offense that will need the D to bail it out again.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
eliminate penalties
eliminate turnovers
eliminate big plays against

we do that and we win by 6+

we can score on the giants at home, on turf. i highly doubt barber will play or be effective though.

slick325

Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2484070 said:
Great thread. And one of the reasons why I think we lose come Sunday. There is so much crap going on besides football, that the players cannot put all their focus and energy into this make or break game.

Stop the run.

Pound Barber/Choice

*Edit* And as the above poster stated, turnovers. We cannot turn the ball over. We currently have 26 turnovers which is 29th in the league. You want a reason for our struggles? There it is. 26 giveaways, and only 18 takeaways for a -8 difference. Maybe dumb old Parcells was on to something...

Guess who is number on in differential? The Dolphins. Guess who is tied for the AFCE lead and doing more with much much less talent? The Dolphins.

What's sad is that after that Pittsburgh meltdown I'm thinking Coach Parcells was right about keeping the reins on Romo too.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Limit turnovers and stop the run forcing Eli to pass. Then turn the dogs loose.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
slick325;2484228 said:
What's sad is that after that Pittsburgh meltdown I'm thinking Coach Parcells was right about keeping the reins on Romo too.
good point.

many of us blasted Tuna for playing the Seattle playoff game like a wimp but the Pitt game showed you (also on the Road) how inept and careless Romo can be. Maybe pete hunter would have had a pick-6 or two and the game a blowout against us.

Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2484070 said:

Stop the run.

Pound Barber/Choice

gRANTED, BUT GIANTS HAVE THEIR DISTRACTIONS, AS WELL.

Reaction score
slick325;2484024 said:
I can't argue with any of your keys to the game Pick6. For the rest of the season I think Dallas should run the ball more and only take shots when they can. This will limit Romo's propensity to turn the ball over and it will give the defense a rest. Plus, that will hide the OL's deficiencies in pass protection.

Garrett and Romo need to get in a groove to close this season out strong.

Thanks! This is the time of the year to get the ground game going because more than likely we will have to play on the road in some cold places if the Cowboys go to the playoffs.

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2484095 said:
I think we have to stop the run, and I think we will. It should help that Jacobs is out -- or playing at well less than 100% -- but I think we might even load up the box a little to make sure. Last time they simply overpowered us, and we can't let that happen again.

So I think we're going to leave our corners without much help quite a bit, and I worry that Eli will have a big day. The weather should be perfect, and while some don't agree, I think Eli is very good at knowing where to go with the ball the last year and a half or so. And he's usually pretty accurate. I bet he's much better than he was against the Eagles in that terrible wind.

So I think we have to hope that our DBs make plays on the ball. That might be a lot harder if Hamlin can't go, and with Killa gutting it out on one good leg.

We also have to contain Boss, who is a real talent. But maybe we can slow him down with Henry, which we couldn't do last time with Newman out and Jenkins having to start.

Offensively, I have no idea what will happen. That's where all the turmoil of this week might show up, I'm afraid. And we don't know if Barber can play, or how well he can play if he does. I could see anything from big plays all over the field like the first two games last year to a lousy-looking offense that will need the D to bail it out again.

TBH, if the Cowboys lose, it's because of the lockerroom and if they win Owens is a team player and it gave the team a spark. It's a no win situation.