Anyone dig opera?

Hardline

Reaction score
My absolute two favorite operas.

Richard Wagner's
Der Ring des Nibelungen, commonly referred to as the Ring or "Ring cycle." most famous for Ride of the Valkyries.

And Mozart's The Magic Flute.
The Magic Flute – Queen of the Night

My favorite singer in the world is a trained opera singer that performs Symphonic Metal

Tarja Turenen

Hardline

Reaction score
I don't think this thread is going to be too popular. LOL

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like some. I do enjoy the two initial ones listed.
Sometimes I have gotten goose bumps when I have heard someone sing Nessun Dorma

I also like any of the pieces that have a harder edge similar to the soundtrack to Conan

triplets_93

Reaction score
I don't think this thread is going to be too popular. LOL

I have seen many rock concerts, by some of the very best in the 1970's. But, the most enchanting, surreal, and awesome experience that I ever beheld, was watching the Dallas Opera perform Richard Wagner's Götterdämmerung (Twilight of the Gods) from his four-opera cycle Der Ring des Nibelungen (The Ring of the Nibelung).

I was first introduced to music from Götterdämmerung through John Boorman's 1981 Excalibur film. But there was no official soundtrack album released for the movie.

So I made a quest to find the best version, and ended up with the performance by George Szell and the Cleveland Orchestra, recorded at Severance Hall in 1968.

It was included in a "CBS Great Performances" series.

Then that was re-packaged and is now available on the CD "Wagner Without Words." (Sony)

Here's Siegfried's Funeral Music that was used in the film. This was also played at Wagner's funeral.

Last edited: