Anyone do any DNA testing like 23 and Me

speedkilz88

Reaction score
My brother did the 23 and me test. The surprise that came back was that there was no Native American DNA, but our great great grandmother was supposed to be from the Seneka tribe. Its' created a mystery. Did our great great grandmother lie and wasn't really Seneka? Or was she a friend of the family and never reproduced with us and somehow the stories got handed down wrong?
Native Americans tribes haven't contributed the dna to compare to since they only want members that are part of the Dawes Rolls.

rags747

Reaction score
I have had my background since birth, do I now want to find out that I'm really Jewish and not Italian? Would it make me feel any different about myself or would I still be Italian? People today can justify being any sex that they want to be or being no sex at all, non binary. The mind is a beautiful thing, I think we can leave it at that.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
It’s pretty scary the data we giveaway about ourselves these days

Like the data people give away on Facebook. Or should I say more accurately the data Facebook steals from people because they don't read the fine print and have no idea how Facebook tracks their rear ends 24/7/365 and sells every piece of data they can get their hands on.

lukin2006

Reaction score
There are things I'm firmly convinced that I don't want to know. I do creative accounting at work. Is their science 100% accurate or do they improvise from time to time like I do?

Planning for a future life of crime? The good folks at Geico Bail Bonds can help you set up a nest egg for later down the road.

Freudian slip?

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I did Ancestry and it turns out I'm even whiter that I though I was. Nothing but Eastern European, Scandinavian, and Portuguese. Boring and a waste of time for me but I could see where it might be pretty interesting if you're multiracial. I wish I had done 23 And Me instead.
That's not white, that's clear!!!

Kaiser

Reaction score
I don't think anyone has "proven" this will happen, just something to think about I guess.

That's exactly it, you give 23 and Me your data to do anything they want with it. Anything.

I have friends that work at Illumina, the company that makes most DNA instruments. All of them refuse to use services like 23 and Me.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
These sites are bogus

They only tell you were people with similar DNA hail from... not specific to your family
Similar DNA could included a gigantic range of people.... we share 95% with Chimps but that last 5% is incredibly important

It is a geography report that gives away your ultimate privacy

and everyone goes back to William the Conqueror or Alexander the Great..... no one goes back to Willie the barber or Alex the sheep farmer

timb2

Reaction score
My sister researched our Father because he was adopted and she found out we were Polish and Jewish . What's so funny was my Dad use to constantly do Jewish and Pollock jokes .KARMA GOT US!!! None of us practice as a Jew,but we every Christmas wish each other "Happy Hannukah"!! We all just roll our eyes.LOL!! But I do give thanks because some ancestor got us out of there probably in the 1890s before all the genocide happened.

joseephuss

Reaction score
The info from these DNA tests are just given to the Aliens. They found it more efficient than individually probing people.