Anyone else as excited as I am about the LB's

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Cajuncowboy, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,499 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    Maybe it's all that boudin and gumbo.

2. Tangle_Foot

Tangle_Foot Well-Known Member

4,585 Messages
    18,623 Likes Received
    I'm excited....."This is the most wonderful time of the year". The jigsaw puzzle of the 2018 squad is in. Now it's time to see how all of the pieces fit together. There isn't one position group that I'm not excited about, Yes I have more confidence in some position groups but I'm excited to see how the squad comes together.

3. rwalters31

rwalters31 Well-Known Member

1,439 Messages
    636 Likes Received
    I heard that all three have some injury issue. If the LBs have to make up for not having a 1T, I expect all to miss some of the season. I would look at the backups instead, to see how good of LB corp is.

gp_cowpolk likes this.
  4. LACowboysFan1

LACowboysFan1 Well-Known Member

6,135 Messages
    3,712 Likes Received
    Source, please...

gp_cowpolk likes this.
  5. northerncowboynation

northerncowboynation Well-Known Member

7,926 Messages
    6,303 Likes Received
    On a scale of 1 to ten, how excited are ya with 10 being highest. Me I'm about a 7 hoping for a 10.

Trouty and gp_cowpolk like this.
  6. glimmerman

glimmerman Well-Known Member

19,637 Messages
    20,290 Likes Received
    Love that boudin.

Trouty, gp_cowpolk and Cajuncowboy like this.
  7. DiResta

DiResta Well-Known Member

3,590 Messages
    5,530 Likes Received
    see sig

and yes, linebacker is the most intriguing position on the team by far in my opinion
    we have all seen the impact of 1 all pro player on the defense
    if they added more here and there, maybe 1 to go along with Tank and 1 or 2 in the secondary it would be great
    if Smith and Vander Esch play up to their draft stock it would be absolutely yuge
    i expect Smith to be a player that often jumps out on film and not for the wrong reasons
    Vander Esch i expect to both splash and get overwhelmed at times,hes huge but a year in the weight room with Lee and Smith the guy could be 265lbs easy

i am really curious how they play Vander Esch and Jaylon, Vander Esch looks like the perfect mike but who plays with Lee in nickle? do they stay base most of the time now to keep Jaylon out there or does Vander Esch not take his nickle snaps? they used nickle often last year but i think it was a lack of quality lb and having better athletes in the secondary. thats all changed

Trouty, Bullflop and gp_cowpolk like this.
  8. GenoT

GenoT Well-Known Member

4,973 Messages
    8,693 Likes Received
    As long as Lee stays healthy, I look for the LB corps to be above average. If Lee goes down for any length of time, the LBs and the rest of the defense will likely struggle — especially when it comes to finishing tackles.

9. Silverstar

Silverstar Well-Known Member

6,140 Messages
    2,221 Likes Received
    Very optimistic about this group...should be faster and better against the run.

Against the pass?

We'll see...

10. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member

50,001 Messages
    37,497 Likes Received
    I'm curious more than anything.
    Looking forward to seeing those guys in action

Trouty, Bullflop and gp_cowpolk like this.
  11. Whyjerry

Whyjerry Well-Known Member

8,931 Messages
    14,447 Likes Received
    It is a talented group. I wish they had one more guy that we could count on given the injury history of the group. That said if Lee, Smith and LVE perform to their physical abilities it can be a special group.

Trouty, gp_cowpolk and LACowboysFan1 like this.
  12. LACowboysFan1

6,135 Messages
    3,712 Likes Received
    Smith is the key, performance-wise. Yes, Lee being available all 16 games is critical as far as having the personnel, but Smith to this point isn't what he was projected to be, pre-injury, and most of that is the mental part of the game. He seems to have enough physical ability, but he has to learn to diagnose plays better.

LVE is a rookie, just having the big guy in the middle is a blessing, so I expect him to struggle, just how much is the question.

Smith to me is on his make or break year, if he doesn't show more play making ability then I'm looking for one of the other LBs currently on the roster to get time in place of Smith, and if they can't handle it, looking at drafting another LB next year....

13. LACowboysFan1

6,135 Messages
    3,712 Likes Received
    If Lawrence has another year like last year, and Taco continues to improve, Armstrong can contribute, and Collins holds up in the middle, the pass rush from those areas should enable the LB corps to be sufficient against the pass...

14. starfan1

starfan1 Well-Known Member

3,755 Messages
    3,299 Likes Received
    In terms of potential it looks mighty promising in terms of injury history it could be depressing.I think ill go with the glass half full here. Were gonna have the best LB corps in the league. Now that how you wear these[​IMG]

GenoT likes this.
  15. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

19,866 Messages
    19,321 Likes Received
    :oldcouple:

16. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

8,532 Messages
    1,693 Likes Received
    Nice to see you back. I get lack of likes comments also. They don't realize we have been posting together for nearly 20 years, long before likes were a thing.

Trouty, Cajuncowboy and GenoT like this.
  17. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,499 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    Ha. Indeed.

18. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

48,723 Messages
    50,141 Likes Received
    Yes, Thomas is the type of backup that they've been missing (i.e. One that is good in coverage).

They had nobody other than Lee last year that would be considered a plus coverage LB.

Vander Esch - Good in coverage (in college).
    Thomas - Good in coverage.
    Jaylon - Depends on the leg.

Trouty, Bullflop and Furboy like this.
  19. koolaid

koolaid Drink Me

1,864 Messages
    205 Likes Received
    I really wanna go into all out hype mode about these linebackers, but I have been burned too many times with preseason expectations.
    Give me 4 games then well see

Trouty, LACowboysFan1 and gp_cowpolk like this.
  20. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

18,376 Messages
    22,520 Likes Received
    I'm inclined to substitute the word hopeful, instead of excited.

There is cause to say there's much potential in our LB corps.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018