Anyone else disgusted by us drafting pass rushers that run 4.9s?

KingRah

Reaction score
We've never had a slow pass rusher that turned out to be great. I can see if its a 300 pound dt, but 256 pound edge rushers should run faster than that.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We've never had a slow pass rusher that turned out to be great. I can see if its a 300 pound dt, but 256 pound edge rushers should run faster than that.
Joe Jackson ran a 4.77, that's pretty good at 275lbs

Mr_437

Reaction score
DLaw has excellent hand-fighting technique, so he bypasses his lack of speed where you can't even tell. But, not everybody has elite technique like him, so they screwed.

I agree. Go get some guys who can bring that heat on the edge...4.6-4.5 like Randy Gregory. Not looking this slow guys to do much w/o them showing superior technique.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
No...if someone has a quick first step and can bend than I'm in.

Little unrelated, but that's kind of my hope for Hill. Rod's scheme likes 3T gap shooters, but we have never had a 3T with the kind of first two steps off the line explosion that Hill has.

And OP: Demarcus Lawrence ran a 4.8 at the Combine at 6'3" 251.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Little unrelated, but that's kind of my hope for Hill. Rod's scheme likes 3T gap shooters, but we have never had a 3T with the kind of first two steps off the line explosion that Hill has.

And OP: Demarcus Lawrence ran a 4.8 at the Combine at 6'3" 251.

I could care less what a DT runs. I want someone that can anchor, and that can push the pocket as a pass rusher.

Hill can push the pocket, but he can't anchor. Bad pick at 58 IMO.

cowboyec

Reaction score
I could care less what they do in gym shorts.
Jackson and Jelks seem to find the QB and make plays in the run game.
Taco's problem isn't speed or talent.....it's want to....apparently....he doesn't.
with 2 DEs drafted...and Armstrong last year...he might get his wish when we trim the herd to 53.

JeffInDC

Reaction score

Michael Bennett ran a 5 flat (2 274 lbs.), but had like a 1.65 10-yard split. Darren Howard (played for the Saints and Eagles) was another really good pass rusher that ran 5.09 at the combine (@ 281lb). Had 67 sacks in his career.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
I could care less what they do in gym shorts.
Jackson and Jelks seem to find the QB and make plays in the run game.
Taco's problem isn't speed or talent.....it's want to....apparently....he doesn't.
with 2 DEs drafted...and Armstrong last year...he might get his wish when we trim the herd to 53.

Jackson was WAY MORE CONSISTENT in college than Taco. Natural LDE.