Anyone else still mad we didn't move up and get Vea or James?

Leedscowboy

Reaction score
Awuzie hasn't done anything yet but get injured, he might turn out good and I happen to like him, but he could be nothing.

Go watch the games he played in when he was healthy, he was the top ranked rookie CB since 2006, that allowed fewest yards per coverage snap.

A nagging hamstring injury limited the second-round pick to just 309 snaps in his debut season, but when he was on the field, the former Colorado Buffalo certainly impressed with his stinginess in coverage. Playing a total of 192 coverage snaps, he allowed 133 yards on 19 receptions (29 targets), which averaged out at just 7.0 yards allowed per reception and just 0.69 yards per coverage snap – both the lowest marks ever recorded by a first-year corner.

rwalters31

Reaction score
I'm still pretty upset we didn't move up into a better position in this draft

With 5 QB'S going in the first round this is a year moving up a few sports to get a dominate player would have been easy...

Remember we could of had Vea or James....

To me LVE is a project and not a dominant player​
I cried when Tampa picked Vea. At less he is not in our division!

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
o, a debate of age is not sillyt. They are literally almost a calendar year apart. I know this because I know how arithmetic works.

Every player ages differently, how many tight ends in the NFL have played 15 years missing only ONE game? How many running backs tore an ACL and rushed for over 2,000 yards less than a year later? How many cornerbacks (Green) were still one of the fastest in the league after 10 years of playing?

One year is not enough difference in age to be even discussing, if you're talking about 19-21 year olds. Terrence Newman didn't even get to the NFL until age 25, he's played 15 seasons. Deion Sanders came into the league at age 22, played 16 years, only one more year than Newman.

Point is, nobody knows how durable a player will be when they get into the league...

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Every player ages differently, how many tight ends in the NFL have played 15 years missing only ONE game? How many running backs tore an ACL and rushed for over 2,000 yards less than a year later? How many cornerbacks (Green) were still one of the fastest in the league after 10 years of playing?

One year is not enough difference in age to be even discussing, if you're talking about 19-21 year olds. Terrence Newman didn't even get to the NFL until age 25, he's played 15 seasons. Deion Sanders came into the league at age 22, played 16 years, only one more year than Newman.

Point is, nobody knows how durable a player will be when they get into the league...
With all due respect....history shows us that those years difference matters. Period.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
With all due respect....history shows us that those years difference matters. Period.

There's no way to tell except via 20-20 hindsight. If a 20 year old only plays 5 years, who knows if he'd been drafted one year earlier he'd been able to play 6 years?

The discussion was that a 19 year old is more likely to be around in the league due to his age, vs. another player who's 20, since there are 25 year olds who have played 15 years, it's impossible to say the younger guy will last longer.

I understand history, but basing your decision on taking a guy because he's one year older you could miss out on a great player, and to me that's more than a bit of nit picking...

kskboys

Reaction score
There's no way to tell except via 20-20 hindsight. If a 20 year old only plays 5 years, who knows if he'd been drafted one year earlier he'd been able to play 6 years?

The discussion was that a 19 year old is more likely to be around in the league due to his age, vs. another player who's 20, since there are 25 year olds who have played 15 years, it's impossible to say the younger guy will last longer.

I understand history, but basing your decision on taking a guy because he's one year older you could miss out on a great player, and to me that's more than a bit of nit picking...
A 19 year old is also more likely to bust.

BermyStar

Reaction score
Oh look a "they did not take my pet cat" thread.
I don't understand these posts. If you don't like a thread, don't enter, or exit quietly. There are literally hundreds of us here. Some will want to discuss topics others don't. Find a thread that interests you instead of taking a shot at the OP.

BermyStar

Reaction score
I'm not mad at all.

If we didn't draft Vander Esch then we would still have our biggest weakness on defense and that's a linebacker that can cover over the middle.

I don't think some of you guys understand how big of a hole that was for our team last year.

The middle of our pass defense was just an absolute joke and it was mostly linebackers that can't cover.
Exactly. I am as big a James fan as there is and if he slid to 19 I'd be screaming to draft him. However staying put and taking a LB that has the potential to cover with range fills a huge need. We gave up nearly as many points in the handful of games Lee was out that we did the 11 or so games he played. Our D was horrible without Lee. Give me LVE and let X. Woods have another year or two to see just how good he really is. I'm happy.

jay94

Reaction score
Seriously?

Round 2, No. 60: Chidobe Awuzie, CB, Colorado

That was an awesome pick at 60. He was mocked by everyone to go higher.

I said I liked the pick.
Ok second round picks I hated, Martellus Bennett, Gavin Escobar, and Jaylon Smith. Second round picks that didn't work out Bruce Smith, Mo Claiborne, Randy Gregory, how is our batting %?

kskboys

Reaction score
I said I liked the pick.
Ok second round picks I hated, Martellus Bennett, Gavin Escobar, and Jaylon Smith. Second round picks that didn't work out Bruce Smith, Mo Claiborne, Randy Gregory, how is our batting %?
Mo was the 6th overall pick in the draft.

DezNuts

Reaction score
Lol do people not realize they would have still taken LVE if James was still on the board. Vea went too early but I did want him a lot.

kskboys

Reaction score
I am a huge LSU fan, so I was on the Mo bandwagon...couldn't have been anymore wrong lol.
One of our mods on the old boards was an LSU fan bigtime, and he had the opposite thoughts of yours and thought he was grossly overrated.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
One of our mods on the old boards was an LSU fan bigtime, and he had the opposite thoughts of yours and thought he was grossly overrated.

Say, I haven't seen Boutteman on here. Did he make the trip over?