Anyone else still mad we didn't move up and get Vea or James?

jay94

Reaction score
Bruce Carter, not Bruce Smith, sorry such a generic name I forgot his last name, is he out of the NFL now?

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If I hated the Williams and or Gallup Pick...I would be upset.
Since I like both of them I am ok.

I really did like Vea though.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Trade with Pat's for Danny Shelton or Malcolm Brown.

Or just sign Jonathan Hankins and keep moving forward. No time for regrets or what ifs.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
The analysis says a year difference is not trivial. That's kind of the entire point.

The analysis shows no significant difference between LVE and Edmund's ages.

From the article:

While the youngest group of players age 20-21 performs only slightly better on average (43.8 average approximate career value) than the second-youngest at age 22 (42.9), the gap quickly widens.

LVE is in the "youngest" bracket too ie no different in their analysis.

Verdammung

Reaction score
It sucks we didn't address those positions, but in hindsight you couldn't convince me to give up Connor Williams or Michael Gallup to get a player.

Verdict

Reaction score
Yeah, we were basically priced out of Vea's range. James for a 3rd may have been interesting though. I like LVE but I really liked James.

Yeah. Thank goodness we won that meaningless Eagles game last year.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
It sucks we didn't address those positions, but in hindsight you couldn't convince me to give up Connor Williams or Michael Gallup to get a player.

If somehow Dallas had gotten a player at the other positions, then they wouldn't have gotten Williams or Gallup. Cowboys needed (and still need) help at multiple positions, as long as Williams and/or Gallup turn out all right, to me it's okay who we got...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Would have liked either one of these guys (Vea or James) had they fallen to the Cowboys pick. However they didn't and I'm happy they were able to get Vander Esch.

jay94

Reaction score
yes Morris Claiborne was a first rounder, did you forget the trade that took to acquire him... I rest my case. Also I didn't say I hated it, that it didn't work out.