1. Read the latest Dallas Cowboys news ..

Anyone feel bullied at times for having different opinions on the Cowboys?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Typhus, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Polkton31

Polkton31 Well-Known Member

393 Messages
    446 Likes Received
    Second response in..... Oh the irony!!!:lmao::lmao2::facepalm::thumbup:

2. GenoT

GenoT Well-Known Member

4,800 Messages
    8,240 Likes Received
    No.

I appreciate the back and forth, and will let the Dallas, by gawd, Cowboys history speak for itself.

Tangle_Foot likes this.
  3. ElGatoGrande

ElGatoGrande EGG

7,946 Messages
    4,734 Likes Received
    Bullying? Here? Not at all. Out amongst the unwashed masses the thought police are busy cancelling anybody who does not comply but here in the Cowboyszone such bullying tactics do not exist.

DFWJC likes this.
  4. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

21,454 Messages
    23,790 Likes Received
    Nuh uhhhhh!!!!!

America's Cowboy likes this.
  5. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

27,202 Messages
    10,063 Likes Received
    you once offended me. I will except crypto money that will help me heal.

6. leeblair

leeblair Well-Known Member

1,222 Messages
    2,042 Likes Received
    I have to admit, it's sometimes hard when I'm always right and the other side doesn't like it.
    :lmao2:

75boyz, Tangle_Foot, BAT and 3 others like this.
  7. Red Dragon

Red Dragon Well-Known Member

5,818 Messages
    2,799 Likes Received
    I recall a slogan in a school: "In an argument, focus on what is right, not who is right." And I agree with the OP that some Zoners here just can't or won't do that.

Let's use two of the most contentious topics of our time, for instance: Tony Romo and Dak Prescott. For a decade or so, we've had Zoners who were convinced that if you supported Romo, you must be wrong in the head, and likewise that if you opposed Romo you must be wrong in the head.

And now with Dak that has simply just transferred over to a new QB. If you support Dak, you must be wrong in the head - and if you oppose Dak, you must also be wrong in the head.

Even though there were plenty of legit arguments for and against Romo, and for and against Dak.

DandyDon52, BAT and Runwildboys like this.
  8. CalPolyTechnique

CalPolyTechnique Well-Known Member

14,616 Messages
    21,624 Likes Received
    I admit bullying kaiser...and I thoroughly enjoy it.

9. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

47,564 Messages
    48,224 Likes Received
    I don't care what people say to me.

What bothers me is seeing the extremely moronic comments/opinions.

It reminds me of the novel by H.G. Wells "The Time Machine". In the Novel the time traveler goes forward 800,000 years into the future. Humans have evolved into 2 species.
    - One species looks like current humans and seem to live an idealistic life with no work and everything is provided for them. They are completely ignorant.
    - The other species lives underground and they look like monsters. They provide the food and everything for the above ground species because they eat the above ground people...

10. leeblair

leeblair Well-Known Member

1,222 Messages
    2,042 Likes Received
    All jokes aside, I understand why opposing views exist and how other posters can feel strongly in support of those views.
    But it makes better fans when we're forced to analyze multiple perspectives when standing on our principles.

Tangle_Foot, BAT, Runwildboys and 3 others like this.
  11. morat1959

morat1959 Well-Known Member

3,514 Messages
    3,205 Likes Received
    Truth!

12. phildadon86

phildadon86 Well-Known Member

10,069 Messages
    13,858 Likes Received
    The people that disagreed were called names. I should have put that in the post

13. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

58,680 Messages
    104,346 Likes Received
    What a pathetic thread.

No. I don't feel bullied. Mostly because I'm a man.

14. Jake

Jake Curmudgeon

20,308 Messages
    38,036 Likes Received
    It's obvious some so-called fans would rather see the team fail so they can say "See? I told you!" to a bunch of strangers. :muttley:

Tangle_Foot, Bobhaze and Runwildboys like this.
  15. pete026

pete026 Well-Known Member

497 Messages
    394 Likes Received
    I'm not arguing with you because you didn't pay.
    Yes, I did!
    (No response)
    I most certainly did pay!
    (No response)
    This is futile!
    No it isn't!
    Well if I didn't pay, why are you arguing with me?
    I could be arguing in my spare time!

Humor, particularly on internet forums, presents a problem. A classic case is an early post on this thread that could easily be taken as a good-natured joke. But the real intent may or may not have been. Emojis are intended to ID jokes on internet forums but are either not used, overused, or are misinterpreted. But being to throw jabs back and forth makes discussion fun...... as long as certain boundaries aren't crossed. These boundaries are as different as our opinions here and the internet opens us to people we would have never imagined having discussion with. This isn’t even considering the challenges of interpreting the written word.

Other problems have been mentioned previously as people come here to satisfy different needs; a majority of us share an interest in Cowboy football but for some, sadly this is their social world. Others bully to feel better about themselves, and some, I imagine, are just trolls but I can't believe people waste away their life in that capacity. On the positive side, there are those that try to "keep the peace", those that provide topics for discussion (wait I said positive), and those that are natural entertainers. We have football researchers and statisticians. Without the bullying and trolls, it isn't a bad group. Solutions you may ask....... I got nothing. Maybe agree on a universal humor emoji.

Bobhaze and Runwildboys like this.
  16. pete026

pete026 Well-Known Member

497 Messages
    394 Likes Received
    I have the opposite problem. As I get older I am forgetting everything that made me smart! Confused.... not even sure if those are opposites. I guess I proved my point????

Bobhaze and Runwildboys like this.
  17. ondaedg

ondaedg Well-Known Member

1,625 Messages
    1,839 Likes Received
    open subjective opinions are welcome. Do NOT feel bad for pushing back against the posters who pretty much troll with agenda based nonsense.

Typhus and Bullflop like this.
  18. MarcusRock

MarcusRock Well-Known Member

4,495 Messages
    4,836 Likes Received
    Don't know why but I imagined you looking over your shoulder to see if your wife could see you type this before you posted it and shut your computer down right after.

19. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

21,454 Messages
    23,790 Likes Received
    Isn't that standard practice?!!!!!

Qcard, MarcusRock and Runwildboys like this.
  20. Williamsboys

Williamsboys Well-Known Member

986 Messages
    986 Likes Received
    Sure, what is anyone gonna use on me..Harsh language??

BAT likes this.