Anyone feel bullied at times for having different opinions on the Cowboys?

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
Everyone needs to grow up and grow a pair. Back in my day fights between guys were common, even between the best of friends. The next day you would be hiding behind the high school chewing tobacco and laughing about it. I've seen really small guys bloody the face of much larger and older guys and never got picked on again. If a so called bully starts something, all you have to do is fight back and that's the end of it.
Feeling bullied or offended by a forum post makes no sense to me. People these days are so thin-skinned, getting offended at the slightest thing.
What offends me is people who get offended at nothing, and that we have not gotten Ring 6 yet.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Everyone needs to grow up and grow a pair. Back in my day fights between guys were common, even between the best of friends. The next day you would be hiding behind the high school chewing tobacco and laughing about it. I've seen really small guys bloody the face of much larger and older guys and never got picked on again. If a so called bully starts something, all you have to do is fight back and that's the end of it.
Feeling bullied or offended by a forum post makes no sense to me. People these days are so thin-skinned, getting offended at the slightest thing.
What offends me is people who get offended at nothing, and that we have not gotten Ring 6 yet.
Boy, seems like this subject struck a nerve! :grin:

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
bullied?
When I was growing up, I got bullied by some older guys twice my size who knew where I lived, could reach out and punch me...
On a message board by people I don’t know, can’t see, and can’t find me.....no

There is something true about that. There are a lot of people, me included, that have said things on this board that if they were said in a face to face meeting just my get smacked after saying it. People can say what they want without any fear of physical retribution. I know when I was younger I used to speak my piece and give my opinions that ended up in some physical altercations. Some ended good for me some not so good but as I got older I decided that the not so good ending made me think it wasn't worth taking that approach, especially when one or both of us had been drinking. Now I guess because there isn't any threat of physical contact, I stay pretty firm in my beliefs..

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I admit that I get firm in an opinion at times, and probably come across as such, an opinionated *** at times..lol, but one thing still will always remain the same for nearly all posters in this forum is that regardless how polarizing opinions may be, the bottom line is that we are all Cowboys fans or we wouldn't be wasting our time here, hum... which brings me to my next point... never do crack... sorry couldn't resist,, favorite line from "The Waterboy".
So anyway, I would like to publicly apologize to anyone that I might have offended and that I always invite open subjective discussion...
:grin:
Well..

'we glad you own up to it and you promise to do better..

Be better..

Smell better

Brush your teeth better

Eat better

Drink better

and flip us off if you decide it's needed or it's just better you do it.

:huh:

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Some of you guys are so mean I had to get another therapy dog. I named him Zoner just so I could yell STOP IT ZONER once in a while. Now there's no room for me in the bed and I have to sleep on the couch.

Thanks you bunch of bullies.

RS12

Reaction score
Facts are facts no matter how people try to spin them. Somebodies opinion is just that, and they are entitled to it. I can separate the two and know the difference.

Johnny23

Reaction score
I have been personally attacked on here and called names when I haven't instigated it. I have made mistakes and misspoke.
I have gotten heated and I am sure some think poorly of me...

I have learned it's better to walk away than trying to figure out something clever or getting the last word.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not me...yet.

I was never on the DMN board but I remember NBC Sports forum was a free-for-all. I did more lurking than posting, guys were making death threats to each other.
Oh yea, there were some real beauties on the old DMN board and we used our real names back then too.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Facts are facts no matter how people try to spin them. Somebodies opinion is just that, and they are entitled to it. I can separate the two and know the difference.
This is an extremely rare ability here.

In addition to posters not being able to tell the difference between fact and opinion, the majority are close minded, have a difficult time understanding what they are arguing against, intentionally twist things to their benefit, refuse to admit when they are wrong and sometimes just downright lie to push their biased opinions they think are facts.

leeblair

Reaction score
"Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic. Capable of both inflicting injury, and remedying it." A. Dumbledore, Hogwarts Inc.(also rumored to be a member of "ZZ Top")
:laugh:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
If people could just get over the fact that I hate the biggest bully on this team, and possibly the NFL, because HE IS A BULLY (amongst other not so flattering things) then I wouldn’t have a problem with 95% of the fans here.

Oh well, hopefully he’ll be gone soon enough.

Your choice to hate someone you don't even know means more to you than it does to anyone else. I don't even have that much contempt for my ex-mother-in-law.

Seriously, ask yourself why you spend so much negative energy on a player who doesn't even know you exist? Does that seem rational to you? :muttley:

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like a “spirited repartee” too. But at some point, it can devolve into petty bickering. Sometimes the best thing to do is just “agree to disagree”. I’m amazed at threads where 2 guys are spending pages just arguing and insulting each other.

Anyone remember the old British comedy show “Monty Python”? Remember the skit “I’d like to buy an argument”? A guy goes into a room and says, “Hello- I’d like to buy an argument.” The guy at the desk then says, “No you wouldn’t”, then the customer says “Yes I would”, followed by “No you wouldn’t”,,,,,

Sometimes that’s the way it goes in here! :laugh:
That was a good laugher to watch on the telly!