Anyone feel bullied at times for having different opinions on the Cowboys?

OGCowboy

Reaction score
Peeps that get beefed up about gumflapping on an Internet forum of any kind need to get a life, vattos. Orale....

Cowboysfan1975

Reaction score
I try not to come back here, because its such a toxic place, but there are still quite a few level heads that make good points, and actually have some knowledge to share with us.

BackInTown

Reaction score
I admit that I get firm in an opinion at times, and probably come across as such, an opinionated *** at times..lol, but one thing still will always remain the same for nearly all posters in this forum is that regardless how polarizing opinions may be, the bottom line is that we are all Cowboys fans or we wouldn't be wasting our time here, hum... which brings me to my next point... never do crack... sorry couldn't resist,, favorite line from "The Waterboy".
So anyway, I would like to publicly apologize to anyone that I might have offended and that I always invite open subjective discussion...
:grin:

I get the OP’s point. Some have taken issue with the word ‘bullying.’ Others have pointed out that it could be much worse, like at DMN boys board. I agree that it doesn’t compare to real hardship... as alluded to in the post about the greatest generation rolling in their graves, lol. I am very thankful for the mods keeping it relatively good and civil and on topic.

But I do think the OP’s onto something. We might be making it too hard on the mods and, at the end of the day it’s up to us what we post and what we give them to work with. This environment is getting to be less fun for me than it could be and once was, because posts are immediately argued with. No matter which position being taken, the first page of responses tends to be completely argumentative and/or derogatory. Ad hominem attacks happen immediately and people tend not to argue constructively... instead of taking the ideas of the OP that have merit and pointing out areas of disagreement respectfully, it’s usually just a “you’re stupid for saying this” type response, mixed at times with some syncophancy. I’m guilty of this too, but as a person who hasn’t posted much, it’s a little strange how quickly people who know nothing of my views will start calling me an idiot. It doesn’t hurt my feelings and doesn’t really matter at all to me in real life... it’s just that the discussion isn’t much fun when this is how it goes.

kskboys

Reaction score
I try not to come back here, because its such a toxic place, but there are still quite a few level heads that make good points, and actually have some knowledge to share with us.
It's not toxic. All you have to do is learn that you don't converse seriously w/ most posters. Focus on the good ones, and we have quite a few of those. Ignore the silly squabbling. I know it's hard w/ everything turning into a Dak stupid fest, but it can be done.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Hells Bells I feel bullied...….NOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT! If you feel bullied there are 31 other sites that will take you're sniveling behind.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
I don't value anyone's opinion enough for it impact me one way or another. Why get bent out of shape over randoms on the internet?

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
This board is pretty cordial by comparison from the losing days. No one on here has power so it's hard to be bullied per se unless you're a moderator.

People wouldn't be here if they weren't Cowboy nerds, so that alone if gives us some skins/mutual respect when arguing our point(s).

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This board is pretty cordial by comparison from the losing days. No one on here has power so it's hard to be bullied per se unless you're a moderator.

People wouldn't be here if they weren't Cowboy nerds, so that alone if gives us some skins/mutual respect when arguing our point(s).
You'd think so, wouldn't you? :rolleyes:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I get the OP’s point. Some have taken issue with the word ‘bullying.’ Others have pointed out that it could be much worse, like at DMN boys board. I agree that it doesn’t compare to real hardship... as alluded to in the post about the greatest generation rolling in their graves, lol. I am very thankful for the mods keeping it relatively good and civil and on topic.

But I do think the OP’s onto something. We might be making it too hard on the mods and, at the end of the day it’s up to us what we post and what we give them to work with. This environment is getting to be less fun for me than it could be and once was, because posts are immediately argued with. No matter which position being taken, the first page of responses tends to be completely argumentative and/or derogatory. Ad hominem attacks happen immediately and people tend not to argue constructively... instead of taking the ideas of the OP that have merit and pointing out areas of disagreement respectfully, it’s usually just a “you’re stupid for saying this” type response, mixed at times with some syncophancy. I’m guilty of this too, but as a person who hasn’t posted much, it’s a little strange how quickly people who know nothing of my views will start calling me an idiot. It doesn’t hurt my feelings and doesn’t really matter at all to me in real life... it’s just that the discussion isn’t much fun when this is how it goes.
You should post more, thick skin is essential..:D

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL! Marcus, the older I get, I think I’m less of a jerk, LOL. One small benefit of getting older is realizing you aren’t as smart as you thought you were as a young man! Ha!
The other thing we become more astute at, as we get older, is picking our fights and it's just not worth it on a platform like this.