Anyone have a pic of RWs catch?

Chuck 54

Reaction score
If we make the playoffs, it will still be a great deal.

If we miss the playoffs, then the shock will be that our draft pick would probably be in the range to actually draft one of the top 2 WRs....I seriously doubt if Crabtree would be in our reach, even if we packaged the picks...not unless our season totally tanks.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
Hostile;2404484 said:
We gave up 3 draft picks for a draft pick and a player who will be better than anyone we could have drafted at WR with the 1st round pick.

Crabtree will be long gone, and any names after that could give us another crop like the 2005 WR class.

He's 26, with 10 good years left - and an all pro QB for the first time in his life.

Nors has typed that very same text at least 15 times - 'half our draft' '9 million'. We had 12 picks, 12 guys aren't going to make this roster - 6 guys aren't going to make this roster. I don't get how he is still allowed to post.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Half a draft? We gave up a 6th for a 7th. That is very little net loss from any draft.

We gave up a 1st, which we would have anyway for a WR. Except now, instead of a WR that may or may not be good, we got a WR that we KNOW is good.

So, that is a net loss of zero picks because we would have ended up with a WR for that first anyway.

Then, we threw in a 3rd round pick. That is the pick that we gave up, and it isn't that big of a loss because we still have a pick in the 3rd round.

I'm not typing this to try to change Nor's mind, because that won't happen. He already knows all this anyway, but doesn't care. He is trying to get other's upset about it when the team is struggling. I typed this so other's can understand that Nors is simply making it sound as bad as possible to make them regret us making the trade.

Don't fall for it.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Nors;2404339 said:
I know its only three games -

But we basically Franchised Roy #11 and gave away half a draft to do so.

$9M per season

I see 3 catches for 38 yards in 3 games. I hope that ramps up and he did have a nice TD catch. Crayton has 8-89 in last 3 games -

It will change once Romo is back there and he has a QB who can actually get him the ball. Of course you'll come around with some other agenda then because that's what guys like you do.

VirusX;2404370 said:
I dont see how losing 1 draft pic would be half a draft? We could select a young WR next year and he could be another mike williams..

Instead we got a pro bowl WR who has never really had a good QB throwing at him including his stint so far in Dallas... A little over critical are we???

He's mad cause he was wrong, as usual, and didn't think Roy was actually coming here and now that he has he was mad we didn't get to steal him from Detriot.

Nors;2404387 said:
I believe it was actually 3 draft picks including a 1st and a 3rd.

It's early but at $9M a year - he has to be at a 80-100 catch clip and not 1 a game. Willing to give him some time to break in here tho -

2 picks since the 6th and 7th cancel one another out. So they gave up a 1 and a 3 for a proven WR who is a great amount better than any WR they'd have gotten in the draft not named Crabtree.

Not to mention we started out with 12 picks but, yeah giving away 3 (and as it was already explained to you numerous times it was really two) is absolutely half of 12. Amazing math skills you have there Nors. They're right on par with your talent evaluation and football knowledge skills.

theogt;2404393 said:
I'm sure he appreciates that.

Yeah I imagine Roy Williams was just laying awake and night hoping and praying that Nors would just give him a chance. lol

Hostile;2404484 said:
We gave up 3 draft picks for a draft pick and a player who will be better than anyone we could have drafted at WR with the 1st round pick.

Don't try and speak logically to Nors. You know it does no good.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Coakleys Dad;2404773 said:
I just dont want Nors on his stick when he blows up. Thats all.

Oh but he will be. And he'll be doing it while saying "Look guys. I was always on his stick. You guys just didn't realise that cause you thought I was against him. I called Roy to Dallas 5 years ago. It's true. Look it up."

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Hostile;2404484 said:

No way of knowing if he would be better than a hypothetical player we'll never draft really, not that I agree with anything Nors has ever said in his life.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
HeHateMe;2398705 said:
I don't even know how Brad Johnson is actually in the NFL, let alone our backup QB.

Same goes for Brooks Bolinger -- he threw that first pass like a little girl.

And these two are why we passed on picking up Chris Simms? :bang2:

Seriously, they both look so pathetic, how could they have possibly made it through training camp without getting completely exposed for what they are?

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
TheCount;2404908 said:
No way of knowing if he would be better than a hypothetical player we'll never draft really, not that I agree with anything Nors has ever said in his life.

No, but there's no way of knowing that the hypothetical WR we would have drafted would not be a bust, either. In Roy Williams we have a pro bowl type player who we KNOW is going to be good. To me, that's worth much more than an additional 3rd rounder.

Not that I agree with anything Nors has ever said in his life. :)

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
cowboys2233;2404914 said:
Same goes for Brooks Bolinger -- he threw that first pass like a little girl.

And these two are why we passed on picking up Chris Simms? :bang2:

Seriously, they both look so pathetic, how could they have possibly made it through training camp without getting completely exposed for what they are?

Now I'm not a fan of the guy, or trying to defend him much, but Brooks did appear to play a bit better after his first INT. The line didn't help him any but he was able to complete some passes and move the ball, something that Brad hasn't really been able to do at all.

Nexx

Reaction score
i still dont see how people who have seen RW11 play, cant see how much of a stud he is going to be with Romo throwing to him. I guess these are the same people who could watch Chris Johnson highlights before the draft and not know he was going to be amazing.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
AsthmaField;2404917 said:
No, but there's no way of knowing that the hypothetical WR we would have drafted would not be a bust, either. In Roy Williams we have a pro bowl type player who we KNOW is going to be good. To me, that's worth much more than an additional 3rd rounder.

Not that I agree with anything Nors has ever said in his life. :)

I agree with everything you just said, including not agreeing with Nors. :laugh2:

Ren

Reaction score
Nors;2404339 said:
I know its only three games -

But we basically Franchised Roy #11 and gave away half a draft to do so.

$9M per season

I see 3 catches for 38 yards in 3 games. I hope that ramps up and he did have a nice TD catch. Crayton has 8-89 in last 3 games -

Brad Johnson,.. jeez dude, we could have had Jerry Rice in his prime running around out there and it wouldn't make any difference with Brad throwing, add to that the fact that Roy is still learning the offense and this post becomes pretty stupid even by your standards

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
Ren;2405184 said:
Brad Johnson,.. jeez dude, we could have had Jerry Rice in his prime running around out there and it wouldn't make any difference with Brad throwing, add to that the fact that Roy is still learning the offense and this post becomes pretty stupid even by your standards

x 2............I can't wait to see him and Tony work some magic:bow:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
TheCount;2404908 said:
I think the odds are highly skewed to my stance though.

I think we gave up too much, but I am at least realistic about it. We are still going to have 12 Draft picks in 2009. The idea that it cost us half a Draft is daffy.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
tomson75;2397937 said:
I'm not one to overly adore #11, but that catch was simply amazing.

It's comin' , T. It's comin'............

juck

Reaction score
Nors;2404387 said:
I believe it was actually 3 draft picks including a 1st and a 3rd.

It's early but at $9M a year - he has to be at a 80-100 catch clip and not 1 a game. Willing to give him some time to break in here tho -
Did u notice who our QB was?