Anyone here do ventriloquism?

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I've been doing some Youtube tutorials on it, and I can say: This stuff be HARD! It's not something you'll get good at with just a few minutes of practice. The people who are really good at it must have put in a ton of practice over a long time period to get any good at it. It gives me mad respect for any comic who can perfect this craft, plus come up with a hilarious routine and go up onstage and nail it.

There are a bunch of sounds that are super tough to make without moving your lips, especially the M sound, as you normally put your two lips together to say it.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
I've been doing some Youtube tutorials on it, and I can say: This stuff be HARD! It's not something you'll get good at with just a few minutes of practice. The people who are really good at it must have put in a ton of practice over a long time period to get any good at it. It gives me mad respect for any comic who can perfect this craft, plus come up with a hilarious routine and go up onstage and nail it.

There are a bunch of sounds that are super tough to make without moving your lips, especially the M sound, as you normally put your two lips together to say it.
No but I can type without moving my fingers.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
I do but, my wife is not found of the name i call the member.....ERRRR i mean the puppet.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I have found some online courses on it. If I could get good at this, it could be a blast. All my life I've loved doing crazy stuff that makes people laugh. This could be fun.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
I had an aunt that could talk so fast you could not see her lips move. Her husband called her lips

cowboyec

Reaction score
heck no,man.
didn't you see that twilight zone episode where the dummy becomes the ventriloquist...and the ventriloquist becomes the dummy?
you couldn't pay me enough to get involved with that voodoo.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
heck no,man.
didn't you see that twilight zone episode where the dummy becomes the ventriloquist...and the ventriloquist becomes the dummy?
you couldn't pay me enough to get involved with that voodoo.

I'm comfortable with the use of voodoo.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I cannot "throw" my voice but I can throw posts for other posters and then come behind that and warn them. Not good to let an old guy get bored and him have access to a keyboard.

Praxit

Reaction score
I cannot "throw" my voice but I can throw posts for other posters and then come behind that and warn them. Not good to let an old guy get bored and him have access to a keyboard.
..lol.. good one, CC. Hey, your post reminds me of a movie I just seen some nights ago. Actually, might be down your alley. It's called, "The Duke". About older English gentleman who steals a famous painting back in 60's.

Only his interests in returning painting, are in exchange for good of society. Good flick, based on true story. Recent film. ..>Ciao....

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
If I get good at this, I could get a job talking with puppets and pretending like they're real people while a whole room laughs. I could even make fun of Amber Heard in my conversation with myself. What's not to love? Sounds like the perfect job for me.