Anyone left thinks Zeke is the best back in the league?

Ekspozed

Reaction score
And look, one shows up!!

All great backs play against stacked boxes. Aaron Jones leads the league with 9 TD's vs stacked boxes.

Cooks played against stacked boxes as well and he torched us.

You received a perfect lesson in what a REAL RB with speed, quickness, vision, and moves is able to do vs a turd that can only run into the middle of the line.
The real rb you mention states he needs a FB to pick his hole for him basically.

Their scheme plays to his strengths.

It's funny you and xwalker crowning cook after one good season, let's see if he'll be able to because he hasn't to this point.

You mock zekes durability and pass blocking but those are part of the package.

Let me know when Cook can finish a season.

Ekspozed

Reaction score
Same with 2017 and 2018
He only lead the NFL in yards those years, because he's bad.
(17 he was top 3 and would have lead it without the suspension)
He'll be top 5 in yards again this season, I wouldn't be surprised if he emerged as the rushing champ again.

Whose the best back to you guys? So we can actually talk about it instead of y'all being mad this man got paid.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
Zeke is just another RB that's easily replaced.

Not sure why some of ya'll were screaming, "Pay him whatever he wants!!"

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Is the best back in the nfl?

Anyone out there still thinks it was smart to pay him 15 million?

Zeke hasn't been the best back in 2 years and counting.

Dallas should take cues from how Minny uses Cook. They run him outside, use him on screens and run draw plays.

Zimmer even adjusted his blocking after the half by using a FB. While Garrett has yet to adjust to any game plan. In fact, Garrett doesn't know how to make adjustments. He is just good at buttslapping and chewing gum.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
In many opinions, Zeke has, and never will be an elite back. It does not matter what he accomplishes, during his NFL career. Too fat, slow, dumb, thuggish; needs haircut, beard trim, wears cut off tshirts, etc.

I do not like his recent decent, into obscurity, but I still consider him an elite back. Out of all the other backs being named each week, he is the only one with a proven resume. Good line, or bad line, he has shown up.

What he is being paid, is not an argument with me. If he was making $20 mil, per season, I am okay. The organization has options, whether to pay, or not to pay. He asked, and he received. What a country.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
He only lead the NFL in yards those years, because he's bad.
(17 he was top 3 and would have lead it without the suspension)
He'll be top 5 in yards again this season, I wouldn't be surprised if he emerged as the rushing champ again.

Whose the best back to you guys? So we can actually talk about it instead of y'all being mad this man got paid.

No, he lead the league in rushing yards in 2018. Want to guess who had way more carries than any other RB that year? Who would you expect to lead the league in rushing with 15% more carries than the next closest guy? Also if you think a RB who had more fumbles than rushing TDs last year was the best then.... yikes

The elusive and elite receiving backs include Dalvin, McCaffrey, Barkley, and Kamara.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Is the best back in the nfl?

Anyone out there still thinks it was smart to pay him 15 million?
Yes, he's still the best.

I want to see him keep performing on the field......I'll leave the financial aspect of it up to the front office since it doesn't affect me.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Zeke hasn't been the best back in 2 years and counting.

Dallas should take cues from how Minny uses Cook. They run him outside, use him on screens and run draw plays.

Zimmer even adjusted his blocking after the half by using a FB. While Garrett has yet to adjust to any game plan. In fact, Garrett doesn't know how to make adjustments. He is just good at buttslapping and chewing gum.

Garrett has many issues.

But saying he hasn't made adjustments is uhh...... well I'll stop there

king987

Reaction score
I'm legit worried about Zeke a couple years down the road. He clearly has an excellent eye to hit the gap, so he's really successful at getting a solid 5-10 run. My problem is I just don't see that second burst as soon as he breaks open. I watch the blocking on replays, and there are so many plays that Zeke looks like he's set up to break free for a huge gain, but gets ran down before he ever gets there. It worries me what Zeke will be down the line when the carries add up and perhaps the O-Line isn't as great. I just have a bad feeling he won't age well, and I'm talking well before his 30s.

Obviously, I'm not expecting a 30 yard run every carry like this was Madden. But sometimes I see what Dalvin Cook or Alvin Kamara do when they get good blocking, and I just don't see that game changing second burst from Zeke.

Ekspozed

Reaction score
No, he lead the league in rushing yards in 2018. Want to guess who had way more carries than any other RB that year? Who would you expect to lead the league in rushing with 15% more carries than the next closest guy? Also if you think a RB who had more fumbles than rushing TDs last year was the best then.... yikes

The elusive and elite receiving backs include Dalvin, McCaffrey, Barkley, and Kamara.
He lead the league in 16 as well so what do you mean no? He was top 3 in 17 while being suspended. He lead the league again last year. Yes he had a lot of carries, and he was able to, without injury.

All those other backs you mention have missed games with injury in half the carries of Zeke.

Zeke isn't a burner or slippery guy and never was. Somehow he still manages to rack up 100 yard games and be the #1 priority of the opposing team.

This is Our Year

Ohama, Kill, 52 is the Mike
Reaction score
Booger McFarland does lol. I feel like he must have said it 5 times during the Monday nighter vs the Giants haha.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
He lead the league in 16 as well so what do you mean no? He was top 3 in 17 while being suspended. He lead the league again last year. Yes he had a lot of carries, and he was able to, without injury.

All those other backs you mention have missed games with injury in half the carries of Zeke.

Zeke isn't a burner or slippery guy and never was. Somehow he still manages to rack up 100 yard games and be the #1 priority of the opposing team.

2016 was never mentioned, I said 2017 and 2018 in the post you quoted. Then you said he led the league in rushing those years, he didn't.

I guess it comes down to what you consider as good and what you value in a back. If you just want a guy that can carry the load for multiple years, but doesn't break tackles, doesnt make people miss, and isnt an elite receiver then there is absolutely noone better than Zeke.

But any RB can do that so if that RB gets hurt you just stick another one and it doesnt effect the team negatively.

Personally I prefer good RBs that help win games and that create on their own, have home run ability that can flip games, and are also elite receivers because receiving production is so much more important than rushing.

"Somehoe he still manages" it's because he carries the ball a ton, that's it. Like we already discussed.

HotDog37

Reaction score
I think Zeke still has it he is only 24 but has decided to not show it much at all. I think it's the same thing that is going on with Jaylon Smith. Zeke is way, WAY better than he is willing to show. Something else is going on with him and with the team in general - other than Dak who is playing quite well. How does a RB go from elite to very subpar, or lets say very at or below average (for the NFL) from age 21 to age 24 without a major injury? It's like having Marshall Faulk (yeah I know Marshall was better) in his prime years, suddenly and inexplicably just … drop off the radar at age 24. It's as if everything was gone once the contract was signed.

Last edited:

Aven8

Reaction score
To the OP, maybe not the best, most talented back. But he damn sure is the toughest punishing back, and consistent back in this league. Name anyone else what has been doing it longer outside of AD and Gore. The best back isn’t the one that is flashy and has a great one year. It’s the one that can bring it every year. Consistently.