Anyone still think Washington should've paid Cousins?

Flamma

Reaction score
I remember having a ton of arguments about this dude.

I never thought he was that good. But finding decent QBs can cost money. If you don't pay him, someone else will. IMO I didn't like the fact he was prone to throwing interceptions in the endzone. Same thing that bothered me about Drew Bledsoe.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
And you would still be wrong. In a down year, he still ranks top 10 in passing yards and TDs.
So? He still sucks.

Darren McFadden finished 4th in rushing in 2015, and there were probably 15 runners better than him, at least. Volume stats aren't a measure of quality, just a measure of volume.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cousins is not top 10.

The Qb position isn't that strong. Here's a cursory ranking

1. Brady
2. Brees
3. Rivers
4. Mahomes
5. Luck
6. Goff
7. Rodgers
8. Big Ben

The next off the board is a group including Cam Newton, Derek Carr, Russel Wilson, Matt Ryan, and Cousins. He absolutely belongs in the discussion for the top 10. Over the past 4 seasons, His stats measure up to any of those guys.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So? He still sucks.

Darren McFadden finished 4th in rushing in 2015, and there were probably 15 runners better than him, at least. Volume stats aren't a measure of quality, just a measure of volume.

That's a strong argument?

uvaballa

Reaction score
Cousins has twice as many INT as Keemun had last year with 3 games to play. He also is ten points lower in QBR. He’s part of the problem. Fans always want a new QB but that doesn’t mean more wins.

endersdragon

Reaction score
Dak should get a 2 year prove it deal. 15 mill/year, or something like that.
I wouldn't mind saying $15 million/year guaranteed for 2 years, then more in incentives if you throw for 4,000 yards and ___ amount of touchdowns possibly up to $20 million/year or so.

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
Dak is not signing for 2 years 15 million a year. He'll go to another team if that's the cut off. Maybe that's what some people want him to do but you can't lowball him you either want him or you don't and you have to pay him fair market price.

QBs like Cousins play just drives Dak's money up. I made a thread asking if people want Cousins over Dak and people laughed well Cousins got an 84 million dollar guaranteed contract, so thinking you can lowball Dak is absurd.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak is not signing for 2 years 15 million a year. He'll go to another team if that's the cut off. Maybe that's what some people want him to do but you can't lowball him you either want him or you don't and you have to pay him fair market price.

QBs like Cousins play just drives Dak's money up. I made a thread asking if people want Cousins over Dak and people laughed well Cousins got an 84 million dollar guaranteed contract, so thinking you can lowball Dak is absurd.

Bingo. People who are thinking Dak can be signed for 15 million per are not being realistic.

kskboys

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind saying $15 million/year guaranteed for 2 years, then more in incentives if you throw for 4,000 yards and ___ amount of touchdowns possibly up to $20 million/year or so.
I don't think incentives that large are done. Take some major salary cap maneuvering just to try to fit it in.

kskboys

Reaction score
The Qb position isn't that strong. Here's a cursory ranking

1. Brady
2. Brees
3. Rivers
4. Mahomes
5. Luck
6. Goff
7. Rodgers
8. Big Ben

The next off the board is a group including Cam Newton, Derek Carr, Russel Wilson, Matt Ryan, and Cousins. He absolutely belongs in the discussion for the top 10. Over the past 4 seasons, His stats measure up to any of those guys.
Man, I'm trying to find arguments against this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would put Wilson at 9, but man, it's close.

The other argument is Watson, who I'd definitely put over Cousins, but there's still some unknown there. Same w/ Wentz.

So, yeah, Cousins is 10ish.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'd still rather have Cousins than Alex Smith.
Dak is getting better. Not playing him preseason was monumentally stupid. Horrific decision.

Since there is no one else, what choice do we have?

Easily set this team back a few games.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak is getting better. Not playing him preseason was monumentally stupid. Horrific decision.

Since there is no one else, what choice do we have?

I think he's still not as good as we thought he was in 2016 when he was a pro bowler as a rookie and breaking Tom Brady records. I'm always more interested in the team success and he if can cut down his turnovers and continue winning, i'm fine signing him.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Cousins could not haul the Commanders on his back.

Minnesota gives him a lighter load to haul.

But the results speak for themselves.