Anyone study tape that can say what’s happened to the offense?

rambo2

Reaction score
Yeah, yardage in hurry up or garbage time when defenses are conceding everything underneath is so amazing and a sign of elite QB play…
They still make some amazing plays in every game no matter what. Plays like the Gallup td and catch on the sideline, some Lamb plays, the Pollard td run.

khiladi

Reaction score
They still make some amazing plays in every game no matter what. Plays like the Gallup td and catch on the sideline, some Lamb plays, the Pollard td run.

Yeah, we have great individual skill players that compensate for Dak’s over-rated QB play.

This is Dak, 2019 struggles against the Bears, where he’s padding his stats in garbage time. It’s the EXACT horrible, off the back-foot while drifting from the line throw, that gets you in trouble more often than not..

And BTW, look at how Zeke stone-walled the blitz….

TheHerd

Reaction score
good post.like Dak said he was constantly looking for the big play.maybe he should be looking for plays which will move the sticks .
He'salso apprehensive running. There are a few plays each game where he escapes the pocket cleanly to the outside and could tuck it and go for 5-10, but he just won't do it.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Yeah, we have great individual skill players that compensate for Dak’s over-rated QB play.

This is Dak, 2019 struggles against the Bears, where he’s padding his stats in garbage time. It’s the EXACT horrible, off the back-foot while drifting from the line throw, that gets you in trouble more often than not..

And BTW, look at how Zeke stone-walled the blitz….

You talk about Dak being overrated then post a play where he throws an absolutely amazing pass. Zeke is a beast picking up blitzers, no one can doubt that no matter how injured he is.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Teams watch Denver load the box and take away the run and short pass. Also playing man to man coverage with one safety high while blitzing Dak and he struggles to read where the blitz is coming from.

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
Its playcalling combined with everything else

some of these plays dont need to be ran ever again

Dak needs to stop backpeddling and step up in the pocket. and when he isnt backpeddling hes just standing there

he also needs to run for the 1st down thats right there instead of throwing it.

Hes rushing his throws possibly because of the oline

The Oline itself isnt a strength right now and Moore keeps calling long developing plays

the run blocking is abysmal...we can Talk about Elliott all we want, A rbs production is 85% offensive line and the other 15% is when you get past the line of scrimmage

the line doesnt block well enough for Pollard or Elliott to get past the line of scrimmage

on that Pollard TD against the Saints that was one of the rare times it was mostly Pollard because there was a defender right there who played it perfectly
3-4 times i thought i saw an opportunity to slide for an easy first or gain and he chose to throw it in a tight window

Ken

Reaction score
LOL LOL .....are you crazy???? This the NFL.......no way in hell you getting that w/o $$$$. I imagine U tube will give you a few highlights but a full game??????? Hell no.......lol
Clearly missed the post right above yours lol

CWR

Reaction score
You can if you are either stopping a run or putting pressure on the QB. When you only have to cover for a few seconds it takes away the longer passes and we end up with the quick underneath stuff.

I dont think you can run a cover 2 shell and still load the box though. Both safeties back and cbs on wr doesn't leave enough numbers to stack the box. They took away anything long and played man (I guess.) Then when the opposition can't get enough push to open holes in the run game there are not many options.

I think that is a lot of what we saw, but I'd differ to @xwalker or someone that watches the all 22. I'm no Xs and Os guy. Fortunately we have some good people here to set me straight.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
But how does Dak sucks translate to such low running average yards right from the start of the game?
Dak is injured but that's not why the Cowboys have lost a few. The losses are Dak's fault.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Oline is horrendous at run blocking, they literally are getting whipped at the point of attack by almost every team. So when you cant run the ball, you are forced to pass. So what defenses are doing is playing tight man coverage and blitzing from many different angles trying to confuse the protection calls and rush Dak into making a quick throw.

How do you beat this? Well, you have to use more of a west coast offense where short passes replace your running game. Problem is that our WRs are not really west coast type of WRs, they are more down field route runners. Problem with that is QB needs time for WRs to get downfield, that is why teams are blitzing to force a quick pass from Dak.

Team also botched the line when Tyron went down. Steele is not a LT, Collins was not anywhere near game shape ready when he got back off suspension, and both of the Connors suck if we are being honest. So its a patch work oline right now.

Zeke is also hobbling on one leg right now so that is hindering the running game as well.

Reactions: BAT

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
It all starts in the trenches then trickles down to skill positions.

Coaches F'ed around too much and ruined continuity AND chemistry.

Injuries too.

At every position group.

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak led the league in 2018 in tight window throws and this year is no different. WR separation is poor right now. I think Wilson leads the team in separation. Our top three receivers aren’t even in the top 30. Dak hasn’t been perfect for sure but some of the passes he threw Thursday night were phenomenal.

Garbage stat.. It’s defined as 1 yard separation and throws that are short would grossly exaggerate stats, because that separation is more than enough.
You talk about Dak being overrated then post a play where he throws an absolutely amazing pass. Zeke is a beast picking up blitzers, no one can doubt that no matter how injured he is.

This my phrase, “more often than not” and in garbage time, meaning when the QB, in this game, is already all over the place with his horrible mechanics, including the very ‘technique’ we referred to, allowing the Bears to effectively end the game by the time this throw was made and when he got outplayed by Mitch Trubisky…

This was also the same stretch of 2018 which was marred with bad mechanics of this type and which is happening in this stretch of his bad play..

doomsday9084

Reaction score
There were points in the game last week where it sure seemed like New Orleans was run blitzing right before the snap. Sure enough, Dallas ran up the middle and there was nowhere to run.

You know how Romo frequently calls the play before the snap? There was a rumor with Garrett some time ago that the Cowboys had very few plays out of each formation and as a result, if you studied them enough you knew the play before the snap.

I kind of wonder if the issue is as simple as defenses know what the play is. As others have stated, it sure seems like defenders are at the point of attack before the attack happens frequently, be it a pass or run.

I agree with everyone saying the line is playing poorly, Dak is playing worse, runners have no room, etc. I'm just wondering if there is a fundamental reason for all of it.

CCBoy

Reaction score
First off, New Orleans has a very tough defense. They are capable of throwing goose eggs at any offense that they come across. They are very stout against the run...and before developments return to Dallas again dominating at forcing the run and expanding all other areas of their offense, the offensive line has to progress, and not just in theory as in the present.

CWR

Reaction score
Oline is horrendous at run blocking, they literally are getting whipped at the point of attack by almost every team. So when you cant run the ball, you are forced to pass. So what defenses are doing is playing tight man coverage and blitzing from many different angles trying to confuse the protection calls and rush Dak into making a quick throw.

How do you beat this? Well, you have to use more of a west coast offense where short passes replace your running game. Problem is that our WRs are not really west coast type of WRs, they are more down field route runners. Problem with that is QB needs time for WRs to get downfield, that is why teams are blitzing to force a quick pass from Dak.

Team also botched the line when Tyron went down. Steele is not a LT, Collins was not anywhere near game shape ready when he got back off suspension, and both of the Connors suck if we are being honest. So its a patch work oline right now.

Zeke is also hobbling on one leg right now so that is hindering the running game as well.

I think CD is a great WC type player. He's the kind of dude that can kill with yac.