Anyone upgrading to Windows 11?

Creeper

Reaction score
LOL. Most of my machines are still running Windows 7. Before I move to Windows 11 I will probably switch to Ubuntu, which I used to run. Hopefully is has matured a bit over the last 5 or 6 years.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I have enough problems with my laptop, I don't need to try to figure out new ones! I assume all new (non Macs) ones will come with W11?

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have enough problems with my laptop, I don't need to try to figure out new ones! I assume all new (non Macs) ones will come with W11?
I am sure there are a lot of laptops in stores that were released prior to Windows 11 being released so you should be able to find several that still have Windows 10 for now. It's a free upgrade so no reason for manufacturers to recall merchandise to upgrade the OS or even install it on current models until the newer models come out.

That will likely change over time as current inventories are sold.

lukin2006

Reaction score
I’m eligible for a free upgrade. But apparently I have to wait for microcrap to notify me. What?

Prefer Mac and their OS. At least I can update a Mac on the release date?

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I will eventually. I hated Windows 10 when it first came out, but now I'm used to it. When I go to an older computer (my wife's computer) I'm lost with the older OS. I will let others be the guinea pigs.

Them

Reaction score
LOL. Most of my machines are still running Windows 7. Before I move to Windows 11 I will probably switch to Ubuntu, which I used to run. Hopefully is has matured a bit over the last 5 or 6 years.

I still run Windows 7 on one of my computers....it's a very stable operating system...I know of the new Windows 11, but I'm in no rush to get it...besides I find it best to let them get the early bugs out first on these new Windows OS.!!!

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Not a chance. I was so mad about Windows 8 that I switched to Kubuntu Linux and have been computing in Linux ever since. There are a few Windows programs I still run. One of them runs perfectly under Linux with WINE. The others I run in Windows 7 under Linux via VirtualBox. The Win 7 install I don't even allow to access the Internet, so there's no security concerns. Linux handles 95% of my needs anyway.