Anyone want to talk Kai Forbath?

Beats_By_Zeke

Reaction score
I mean, this dude seemed to be the only bright spot the last couple of games. Seemed pretty automatic inside the 40.
Whole you guys extend him?

blueblood70

Reaction score
its been discussed sure a small short deal..you know kickers dont you remember the time Maher made 11 in row and looked real good lol still need to bring in some TC Kickers and make sure you have list to call this time you dont let the slump go to long..

conner01

Reaction score
i'd give him a 1 year deal...and bring in competition in camp. i'm not giving any kicker a multi year deal or just handing them the job.
His history is streaky, struggles on extra points in streaks too
Bring him and a couple more to camp along with a few real punter prospects
Jones has fell off a cliff last couple years

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I am more focused on getting a coach.

Bring the guy to camp, have a couple of other guys there.

Let a real ST coach figure it out.

Not something to really worry about right now if you actually understand it is an issue.

John813

Reaction score
Give him a 1-2 year deal. And bring in another kicker

Hot_Toddy

Reaction score
I mean, this dude seemed to be the only bright spot the last couple of games. Seemed pretty automatic inside the 40.
Whole you guys extend him?

Yes it was needed. Maher was in a slump and the change needed to be made immediately. Forbath did fantastic for us.

With that being said. Kicking is 90% between the ears. Most kickers will tell you that.

It's a matter of confidence. Slumps happen and it is unfortunate that it happened to Maher.

Someone brought up Hoffman and YES Hoffman was a GREAT coach for these kickers.

It is my opinion, guys like Hoffman knew how to install confidence and get some of the young kickers out of those slumps.

These are the details the Cowboys should look at. Some very minor changes can make HUGE differences.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
No doubt he's more clutch with 40 yarders & under than Maher was. But, over his journeyman career, Forbath has shown enough savvy to be reliable for stretches of time, but likely isn’t a viable long-term option for Dallas. He has the tendency to slide, that being the reason he's been let go by so many teams.