April 4th Mock w/trade

Sandyf

Reaction score
This will be highly unpopular although it would not surprise me if Dallas does this.

Dallas trades #58 and 2020 1st round pick for two seconds in the 40 range and a third in the mid 70 range. Who the trade partner is probably will not be known until the end of the 1st round after the projected 10 or so trades happen that are expected. Dallas does this to really go all in for 2019. Gives Dallas two 2nds, two 3rds, two 4ths, fifth and seventh round choices.

2nd. Deebo Samuel WR South Carolina - great speed, huge hands, can play slot or wide, great at punt and kickoff returns. Changes the dynamic of the WR corp meaning probably see Hurns, Austin and even Brown being traded or released in training camp. Samuel makes the offense better with his ability making Cooper and Gallup with less double teams.

2nd. Taylor Rapp SS Washington - forget the Pro Day 40 time, it is his instincts and play recognition and the way he tackles that makes him the pick for Richard's defense. Has the size, demeanor, and football sense that you need to play in the box. Will allow Xavier Woods to flourish at FS. He should start at SS over Heath and Iloka before the end of training camp.

3rd. Zach Allen DE/DT Boston College - fits the Marinelli DL requirements although more of a left DE than a right DE, can also play the 3T if needed, great motor, good size and great attitude, projected in the 2 to 3 round range and believe he falls into the 3rd round. He currently isn't on the 30 visit list but ultimately could be the choice.

3rd. Dawson Knox TE Ole Miss - huge upside, great hands, great run blocker, great seam route runner and see him as a guy that could be the replacement they have been looking to replace the Witten type. Probably could be there late 4th although Dallas could take him early. If Steinberger makes it to 90 then he probably is the pick over Knox.

4th. Trysten Hill DT3/DT1 UCF - quick off the ball, some character concerns, always looking to tackle someone, quick twitch type DT, needs to be worked with for discipline on field, very good upside. Work ethic needs to be worked on and if that and character were better would be a higher pick.

4th. Isaiah Johnson CB Houston or JoeJuan Williams CB Vanderbilt - believe it will be one of these two guys for Richard. Fits what Richard wants to a tee. Great size, length, speed and hands and if more refined either or both would be 1st or 2nd round talent. Both need at least a year or two of working with the right coach to bring out the best similar to Sherman and Kam Chancellor were when they were drafted.

5th. Mike Weber RB Ohio State - has good vision, good agility, good character and perfect guy to back up Zeke. Also good out of the backfield on screens and check downs. Might be between him and Damian Harris RB Alabama if both are there.

7th. Kingsley Keke DT Texas A&M - a classic pick in the 7th of a DT (also could play DE) and probably more of a 1 tech guy that Dallas looks for with good upside. Has the size and talent although they probably want him more at 300 lbs instead of 285. Kid that could be a huge surprise or just another late round pick.

Priority UDFA.
Damien Harris LB Middle Tennessee St - should be a great candidate for the SAM spot, great speed, hits like a truck and relentless in doing his job, should also be a great ST guy

Jalen Hurd WR Baylor - most expect him to be drafted but new to WR game and a lot to learn before he is ready.

Chris Westry CB Kentucky - has great size and speed but skinny, needs time to develop but has a great upside, great character, hard worker, has a chance

Drew Sample TE Washington - has great upside and might be drafted but he does need two season of PS to probably make any impact

Gardner Minshew III QB Washington St - might be a decent find for today NFL offenses, could see him beating out Rush or White for the 3rd string spot.

Tyler Roemer OT San Diego St. - could actually be the best OL in the draft except for huge character concerns but definitely worth signing as a UDFA

Sydla

Reaction score
Nice effort. While I am not opposed to moving the picks you said in the scenario you laid out as long as we use those two higher 2nd round picks on the right guys. And IMO, I don't like the two guys you picked up after making the trade.

I am just not sure why people are seemingly so obsessed with bringing in a slot WR with our first pick in this draft (especially now a higher 2nd round pick in the 40s based on your trade). If you can get up in to the 40s, there are going to be some pretty good defenders on the board. It's not that I don't think Deebo is a good player, I just think using a 40ish pick or so on a slot WR with the needs we have seems strange.

I don't like Rapp either. So I am not excited about either 2nd round pick.

I do like the 3rd and 4th round picks though.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I like the thought I guess, but I'm not into this draft OR giving up a first next year at all. Those first 4 picks are all at least a round too early for my tastes.

Deebo is 23 already, Rapp can't run, Allen is an effort player, not a talent player, and Knox is a giant question mark with no production - not sure he gives you anything Jarwin doesn't. Basically, my take on these first 3 rounds is that these guys don't give you anything you don't already have...trading picks, particularly a first rounder, for more of the same is really not my thing.

I do like hte later picks though.