Twitter: Archer: Breakdown of Zeke's Contract

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Exactly!!! Thank you stash!

tenor.gif
This guy has been my lighthouse in a storm of bullpucky.
And I mean you.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Would be nice to know the difference from the 'solid' offer first given to Zeke by the Cowboys and what Zeke finally signed for. I am guessing that the difference is trivial. Nothing to base it on just a gut feeling.

I am guessing that Zeke would have done better to not pay an agent (3-6%) and just accept the original 'solid offer' from the Cowboys.

Last edited:

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
technically having a player under contract thay refuses to play and causes a major distraction does not constitute having his services for 4 years
Yeah, I'd let him pout and sit out. I mean he's a runningback after all.

Corso

Reaction score
Would be nice to know the difference from the 'solid' offer first given to Zeke by the Cowboys and what Zeke finally signed for. I am guessing that the difference is trivial. Nothing to base it on just a gut feeling.
All a game, my friend. All a game.

HungryLion

Reaction score
That's the spirit!!!

No I’m just being realistic. If he is somehow still playing at an elite level at age 28. The cowboys will keep him. If his production is slipping as it is with most RB’s by then. He will be cut.

It’s not a bad thing. It’s exactly what I have been hoping the structure would be.

Cowboys get to keep Zeke for the rest of his prime then move on when he starts to decline.

Smart

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I agree with Bob Sturm..

IF this was the best deal he could get why did it take until today to get it done?

They knew in February he was holding out.

Whats the deal with Dak also? Wentz and Goff signed. Dak should be right there with them somewhere but for some reason we're told they are far apart?

I don't want Dak to sign but if i'm Dak and I know what those guys got I don't see what the hold up is and why he is risking playing for 900k when he has 30ish million a year on the table.

Honestly, I don't really believe this is the deal that Zeke and his agent wanted but who cares, that will only start another holy war and I am so close to being allowed back in my own bed and being able to watch TV at night so lets just pretend that your question was never really asked.

;)

Plankton

Reaction score
I agree with Bob Sturm..

IF this was the best deal he could get why did it take until today to get it done?

Whats the deal with Dak also? Wentz and Goff signed. Dak should be right there with them somewhere but for some reason we're told they are far apart?

I don't want Dak to sign but if i'm Dak and I know what those guys got I don't see what the hold up is and why he is risking playing for 900k when he has 30ish million a year on the table.

yf6kk.jpg

Corso

Reaction score
Most of this is comical my friend lol
Oh yeah. I'm with you! I've been enjoying the way you've been navigating the rough waters!
I can honestly say you've made this day more enjoyable for me and I've been having a great day!

Proof

Reaction score
So I just did a quick number crunch on what it would have cost to keep him under his current deal (which he was holding out from) and then to franchise tag him for 2021 and 2022. He was set to cost $17 million on the cap for the next two years, and then cost to tag him for two years would have been at a minimum $15 million a year, and likely a lot more by then.

Add that up, and it's at least $48 million, with absolutely no guarantees afterwards. This deal pays virtually the same thing and gives the club four option years after 2022.

So how did they "lose"?

I’m missing something I’m sure, but isn’t the tag an avg of the top five position salaries?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree with Bob Sturm..

Any talk of what was offered when is baseless speculation and not worthy of conversation. Nobody is prviy to those conversation so it's a waste of time to speculate about it. Focus instead on what is.

I'd say that Dak wants more and the Cowboys continue to offer less. Hence, a continued stalemate. I continue to say that I'll be shocked if he actually has the resolve to go into the season, risking injury, for the $2 million he's scheduled to make.

And if I'm the Cowboys, I know that I can tag him and keep him for three years and less than $75 million. What would make me want to pay him more than that?

Scotman

Reaction score
Let's see how the new CBA affects the cap..... Getting these deals done now could look like genius in 2 years time...
I think this is exactly how things will play out. Sign everyone you can now, the price is going up...way up.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Oh yeah. I'm with you! I've been enjoying the way you've been navigating the rough waters!
I can honestly say you've made this day more enjoyable for me and I've been having a great day!

Haha! It’s only 3pm we will see where the evening takes us lol :thumbup:

Corso

Reaction score
I think this is exactly how things will play out. Sign everyone you can now, the price is going up...way up.
As the cap is about to go up. Way up.
Smart business maneuvers.

Zordon

Reaction score
What the hell kind of nonsense is this? Play for pennies? Dude's ALREADY on his rookie deal made more money than 95% of people(probably even higher) will ever see over their ENTIRE LIVES....

play for pennies...hahaha.
Most people don't have Zeke's talent. So stop comparing him to the 95%. You sound like a hater.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m missing something I’m sure, but isn’t the tag an avg of the top five position salaries?

Something like that:

An "exclusive" franchise player must be offered a one-year contract for an amount no less than the average of the top five salaries at the player's position as of a date in April of the current year in which the tag will apply, or 120 percent of the player's previous year's salary, whichever is greater.