News: Archer: Dallas Cowboys' draft (mostly) all about a defense that needed change

32BellyOption

Reaction score
I know I'm a minority but I love this draft.......nothing flashes or sexy but it attacks the major issue ( run defense) holding this team back a few years.

Yes and most importantly we got guys who can help stop the run. Micah, Jabril, Osa and Chauncey will all help in that respect.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
What they did in the 3rd round was unacceptable. I can't get over they. 3 picks in the round and you come away with a rotational 3 tech, a backup run defending DE and a camp body corner.
I've been slightly nauseas since Friday night. Good thing I have learned to be disappointed but not outright upset by Cowboy blunders. It's the only way to survive this franchise.

hendog86

Reaction score
I know I'm a minority but I love this draft.......nothing flashes or sexy but it attacks the major issue ( run defense) holding this team back a few years.
Me too! I looked at this defensive rebuild as a 2 year venture but this was a good first step. Hopefully 2022 with more FA’s and another nice draft haul we’ll be in position to make a run.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Yes, to me the third round was the stinker, I think they got away from value and failed to select better players and options.

I hope all three work out to perfection but it does not change the fact they could have drafted better options or traded up for more talented players.

I love the first two picks and the Cox pick was a steal. So the draft balanced out to an early C grade to me but I will love to be completely wrong on the matter.

cheyennes

Reaction score
The D needed an influx of new bodies. It’s not surprising, as this is Mike’s team now. JG is long gone.

I dont think is MM team, thats the problem , JJ control the draft, MM did nothing, DQ call type
Of players he want, and Moore ? Mightbe the big Wr was MM calls, but JJ control the show, we dont have a long plan, phillosophy etc