Archer: Jerry said, "you'll know it when you see it" regarding potential change to Romo

DallasCowboys2080

Reaction score
Russel Wilson had 5 interceptions on sunday I don't hear anyone say he should be benched. Eli Manning should have had 6 turnovers in that last game but no one is talking about him being benched.

The last 5 teams we played are all playoff caliber teams. All teams with winning records. Some of those years when we were 8-8 we had problems beating teams with winning records. Some of those 8-8 years we only had one team with a winning record we beat.
Stick with the guy that got helped us get to 11-2. 11 win win streaks are few and far between in the NFL.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
They allowed the media the increased ratings and the desire to limit Romos exposure to injury to get out of hand. Now they don't have the balls to put in Romo after a win streak for fear of media and fan backlash. They will continue to throw Dak under the bus this week put in a very conservative game plan pull Zeke on critical 3rd downs just like last week n pray for losses until the media and fan tide turns before Romo goes in. Sad but true.
what
in
the
holy
hell
you
crack
smoking?

the media and increased ratings didn't really kick in until romo was close to coming back and THEN with the streak going and dak/zeke doing as well as they've done yes the media went crazy and yes, the cowboys decided to keep going with what was working.

that's it.

anything else you're doing here you're doing for yourself to feel better about it all.

strange, but have fun.

GIFTS86

Reaction score
I'm really annoyed with jerry. First he says romo will likely play a role in going to the Super bowl. Now it's talking about a possible qb change or whatever he is rambling about. Almost feels jj is wanting it to favor romo to come in for the playoffs.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
I think they watched the tape, and realize the past 3 games are a trend right now. There isn't enough time to work through the rookie growing pains in the middle of HFA race. But that is how I see it. If there wasn't Romo sitting behind him this isn't a conversation. I think people fail to realize that, and what the guy sitting on the bench brings to this offense. They won't be loading the box and daring Romo to beat them.
oh my god.

again, 3 games is a "trend" but the 8+ leading up to that we can dismiss because it interferes with bull**** agenda driven trends.

what the hell ever.

GusTheo

Reaction score
Nothing is more important than this season RIGHT NOW. We have a chance to win the super bowl, every team has its warts (us included) and we can legit beat any team any place. That's not always the case, so take advantage of the opportunity.

If Dak continues to struggle, you have to give serious consideration in giving Romo a shot.

I keep seeing people say "what kind of message does that send the team?". I think it sends the message that no player is above the team, and that the TEAM has one GOAL and that's to win the super bowl and whichever players at whichever position give the team the best chance to do so will play, PERIOD!

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
That's not putting one player above that team. That's sticking the leader of your offense, and one of the key guys who got the team this far. A guy who needs all the reps he can get if you actually want him to be the future of the team.

When the Cowboys made the call to move onto Tony, they stuck with him through the good games, and the horrendous ones he's been famous for his entire career.

The Romo situation back in '06 was completely different. The team didn't have and established starter...Drew Bledsoe was a stopgap mercenary and nothing more. The team didn't have any SB aspirations, either.

Romo never had a backup QB better than he was. He was always the best option. If he hasn't been he'd have been replaced a long time ago.

Dak may be the future but a SB can be won right now. Maybe Dak proves he can carry the team and takes them to Houston or maybe he shows he needs more time and Romo needs to be given a chance. We will see. I hope it's Dak but in the end a SB is a SB.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Stop listening to Jerry. He doesnt matter and he is not making decisions.

He has been wrong on almost everything this year. He seems out of touch this season with what is going on. Earlier in the year he didn't even know sean lee and D Lawrence had been banged up when asked on the fan. He was completely clueless.

Sunday he said in the pregame lance dunbar would not be a part of the kicking game.

He just needs attention. He is nothing but a PITA for the coaching staff.

Animosity

Reaction score
Russel Wilson had 5 interceptions on sunday I don't hear anyone say he should be benched. Eli Manning should have had 6 turnovers in that last game but no one is talking about him being benched.

The last 5 teams we played are all playoff caliber teams. All teams with winning records. Some of those years when we were 8-8 we had problems beating teams with winning records. Some of those 8-8 years we only had one team with a winning record we beat.
Stick with the guy that got helped us get to 11-2. 11 win win streaks are few and far between in the NFL.

Exactly. Romo homers think we have Tom Brady waiting on the bench. Newsflash, we dont. Not even close.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
if they are serious about winning a championship and dak keeps struggling then they will go back to tony if its about the future they will stick with dak and take there one and done loss in the playoffs and move on to next year we have a chance at the superbowl this year with a veteran qb if you want to throw it all away then iguess you will but jerry is telling youthat if dak keep losing they will go back to tony theyare not going to throw away a golden chance at a championship for a struggling rookie qb with sensitive feelings last season Denver went to the veteran qb because they new he wouldn't make mistakes to get them beat.