News: Archer reporting a 2nd meeting between Garrett and Jerry **merged**

_sturt_

Reaction score
Is that a fact? they took doug when joe was still available? what round was it??

Round 3, I believe.

Cosbie iirc had at least as good and maybe better regard coming out of Tennessee than did Witten.

And we also took Mario Edwards ahead of Tom Brady, for that matter.

(Just sayin.)

ESisback

Reaction score
Give Garrett the title of GM, bring in a HC okay with that, then add a new DC. Jerry figures he can keep his boy around AND get fans and media off his back by appointing a GM. But what HC worth a crap would be ok with that arrangement? Ha!

gmb1

Reaction score
tenor.gif

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score

_sturt_

Reaction score
Um. @Bob-Lillys-War ... you know what you did there, right? The "day" in "hell of a day" wasn't the same as "the day he didn't make the playoffs." Like you didn't think anyone watched the presser to know any different? I don't get it. Or, maybe it was an honest mistake on your part, tuning in and out of the presser and not catching the context... I like to assume the best.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Um. @Bob-Lillys-War ... you know what you did there, right? The "day" in "hell of a day" wasn't the same as "the day he didn't make the playoffs." Like you didn't think anyone watched the presser to know any different? I don't get it. Or, maybe it was an honest mistake on your part, tuning in and out of the presser and not catching the context... I like to assume the best.

He spins it .. thats my point exactly .

Cherry picks, and talks about inept stuff while not making the playoffs.

We didnt make the playoffs, and the guy is happy as hell . What kind of psychopath head coach is he ?

_sturt_

Reaction score
Stretching.

He was asked a question about the mood of the team during the week after losing to Philly.

Hardly cherry-picking. Totally relevant.

I mean, it's crazy how some folks just want to beat and beat and beat down on other people who have some level of authority. Exasperating.

The guy didn't succeed. But in other news, he also didn't steal your wife or girlfriend. Have some boundaries, man. Sheesh.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Here's what happened folks............ By all accounts, JG is amazing in interviews. Way smarter than Jerry and more articulate. Jerry just got sold a load of BS by the master BSer.

JG probably found a new whipping boy to pass the blame onto.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Stretching.
He was asked a question about the mood of the team during the week after losing to Philly.
Hardly cherry-picking. Totally relevant.
I mean, it's crazy how some folks just want to beat and beat and beat down on other people who have some level of authority. Exasperating.
The guy didn't succeed. But in other news, he also didn't steal your wife or girlfriend. Have some boundaries, man. Sheesh.

Sean Lee & I quote :

"It's tough. Tough to take, We didn't accomplish the goals we wanted to, didn't play up to the standard that we wanted to. You know these teams change every year, and so saying bye to some guys and knowing that you may never [again] be teammates with some guys, it can be very tough."

This sounds like a terrible mood to me . I don't know what on earth Garrett was talking about . "we live for these moments" .

Beating down a team's chances to make the post season is whats exasperating .

ConstantReboot

Reaction score

_sturt_

Reaction score
May I try to help @Bob-Lillys-War ?

Sean Lee was talking about the season after the WAS game.

That's a different question from what Garrett was answering, which asked him to reflect on the mood of just the past week.

And the moment Garrett was talking about was how no one wanted Wednesday's practice to be over, even though it was Christmas... and he related it to how it was for a lot of us as kids in the park playing a pick-up game with our friends.

_sturt_

Reaction score
betting he finds a way

One theory would be that it would be part of his job description to begin with... no "finding" a way necessary.

But I'd like to think there's a logical explanation for this other than that he's staying. I have no ill feelings toward the guy, but it's like the old Patty Smyth/Don Henley tune... sometimes love ain't enough.

It's to the benefit of both, I honestly believe, to move on with their football lives.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
My theory: Some of us have probably worked for an organization where the former supervisor was still somehow connected to the organization... and their mere presence got in the way either because of inappropriate intrusion or because of divided loyalties among staff, or both.

It would be a circus to keep the former HC officed in The Star in any capacity.

Exactly, this man knows what he is talking about.

I have seen this first hand. My first job right out of UT was with a large Tech company and they really hated to fire anybody, it had to go through HR, exit interviews, legal had to get involved if non-disclosure agreements were an issue, ect….It was just a real pain in the arse if you had to fire somebody, so they came up with the bright idea that they would just transfer them to another department, especially if it was a supervisor that went off the rails. Well, the problem is that all the departments are interconnected, so you ended up a lot of the times with the old sup and his replacement sup having to work together.

Yeah, it was a complete disaster as you can imagine. Especially when employees had loyalties to one of the sups over the other, it never ended well. This is what is fixing to happen if Garrett is kicked upstairs and is watching over the new HC.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
JG is going to be offered a job in the mgmt team. So on Tuesday it will be announced he will no longer be the HC but will be on the team in some capacity is what I am getting.

Front Office job is only thing that makes sense here, I think you are right.

This is going to be a complete disaster, only Jerry can take a bad situation and make it monumentally worse.