1. Read the latest Dallas Cowboys news ..

News: Archer reporting a 2nd meeting between Garrett and Jerry **merged**

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Sydla, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

16,918 Messages
    20,856 Likes Received
    and in 1984 the Mavericks picked Sam Perkins at #4 from NC, while his teammate was picked right before him at #3. You don’t have to ask who that was........

2. BHendri5

BHendri5 Well-Known Member

4,418 Messages
    809 Likes Received

Why? He built the team, the offense at least through the draft

3. DallasDomination

DallasDomination Well-Known Member

11,276 Messages
    5,390 Likes Received
    If Garrett comes back I’m done with the Cowboys.. I just can’t anymore lol

4. BHendri5

4,418 Messages
    809 Likes Received
    I can’t wait until they announce the new contract for Garrett!! It will be hilarious watching and listening to all the male and female drama queens

5. BHendri5

4,418 Messages
    809 Likes Received

Get gone now! What are you waiting for ? Bye Felicia

Rockport likes this.
  6. DandyDon52

DandyDon52 Well-Known Member

11,999 Messages
    7,273 Likes Received
    yeah we need a terminator to send after him! :laugh:

7. DandyDon52

11,999 Messages
    7,273 Likes Received
    The kind with 30 million or more in the bank! that could make anyone happy lol.

obidiah and Bob-Lillys-War like this.
  8. DandyDon52

11,999 Messages
    7,273 Likes Received
    There really is no telling about the reason or agenda, but I wonder why he cant just grab his iphone and call JG ?? :huh:

Bob-Lillys-War likes this.
  9. Idgit

Idgit Fattening up Moderator

58,258 Messages
    59,503 Likes Received
    This thread is pure gold.

Rockport and Bob-Lillys-War like this.
  10. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer

19,496 Messages
    17,106 Likes Received
    He already knows he’s gone. He wanted time to talk to each player personally. Jerry already knows who his new HC is. No harm no foul. The “fan” reactions have been a blessing however. Pure gold on an entertainment level. Today should be another banner day here.

rags747 and Idgit like this.
  11. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer

19,496 Messages
    17,106 Likes Received
    Makes no sense? :lmao:

12. Bigtommyb

Bigtommyb Active Member

437 Messages
    46 Likes Received
    If he brings him back, while I'll never root for any other team, I'm done emotionally with this team. Won't be all in. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. If he brings him back, Jerry clearly doesn't care about winning. What has Garrett showed us that he is DC franchise winner. Have our expectations sunk so low as a franchise that a division is ok. Garrett has shown nothing that warrants return nothing. I don't care how much a nice guy he is, or the players like him. Why the biggest game of their lives they didn't play their hearts out? His job has been on the line since Buffalo, or going into the season for that matter. I will be extremely pissed and not invested in this garbage again. Not ok with being the Bengals with Marvin Lewis. Winning division afteonce year and while and getting in the first round to lose every year. I'm tired.

13. robertfchew

robertfchew Well-Known Member

1,053 Messages
    698 Likes Received
    after taco charlton and trysten hill I think anyone with a say in personnel needs to be gone. Can you imagine if you botched 2/3 of your most important tasks at your job that cost the company/operation any chance at real success.

14. willia451

willia451 Well-Known Member

2,587 Messages
    2,906 Likes Received
    This isn't Garrett trying to stay. This is Garrett leaving and Jerry trying to figure out some way to keep him because he loves him so.

Look. Jerry is an old man. Elderly. As it were. He's a narcissist. And showing the early stages of dementia. So everyone in the Jones family and the inner circle are trying to manage all that as best they can. What we are seeing is what that all looks like. In real time. Publically.

If they get it wrong, Jerry will lash out and do something really crazy that brings down the entire Corporation and a good chunk of the NFL along with it.

It's sad really. An extremely sad state of affairs to have the Jones family dirty laundry exposed in this way for all the world to see.

But that's where we're at. Been that way for a while now.

15. IrishAnto

IrishAnto Well-Known Member

2,322 Messages
    1,284 Likes Received
    But Jerry has the power to remove Garrett (and doesn't) where as Garrett doesn't have the same power over Jerry.
    So who is the bigger problem?

16. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

16,699 Messages
    5,036 Likes Received
  17. obidiah

obidiah Well-Known Member

887 Messages
    790 Likes Received
    You would have to at least change your name to DallasMediocrity.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
    Beast_from_East likes this.
  18. Blackrain

Blackrain Well-Known Member

2,757 Messages
    3,692 Likes Received
    Exactly in Jerrys world when you have unlimited money at you disposal you give Garrett a title and PROMOTE HIM TO IT . You tell the public its the logical progression and you need help in this area . This beats Jerry having to answer why he is firing Garrett his handpick guy and why the experiment was a failure .

Garrett can be labled such a success he got promoted and Jerry markets it as a positive while we still get a new coach and solve that problem without anyone looking bad

DandyDon52 and rags747 like this.
  19. Blackrain

Blackrain Well-Known Member

2,757 Messages
    3,692 Likes Received
    I think Jerry comes up with an elaborate title and basically gives Garrett a job of finding talent , the right king of guys , Like Sean Lee ,Dak Witten, Gallup , Heath and our whole OLINE . He helps us avoid the mentally dysfunctional, injured and drug addicted .
    Or he is tucked in an office paid a ton of money to never be heard from again all in the name of saving Jerry from looking like a FAILED FOOTBALL GUY his most dreaded fear and the aspiration that keeps this fan base frustrated 24 -7
    Its all we operate off of Jerry painting himself as a top football mind winning a SB is secondary .

In our world it would be like hiring your best friends son to cut the grass . He dose a terrible job cuts the wifes flowers down sprays her car with rocks and breaks the water pipe off wife is constantly complaining . You dont want to screw up you friendship hurt the kids feelings and most all admit to your wife you made a MISTAKE GIVING HIM THIS JOB!! LOLOL

So he is 6-4 with arms as long as Shaq and can swing an AXE like Paul Bunion you promote him to splitting up all the firewood for the winter an exhausting time consuming job with no end that he will eventually get tired of and quit . Problem solved all are happy . LOL

20. punchnjudy

punchnjudy Well-Known Member

2,787 Messages
    1,874 Likes Received
    I imagine Switzer was the last coach Jerry felt this close to, and Barry always said Jerry was discussing the 98 season enthusiastically when Barry told Jerry he had to fire his butt.

The big change people are expecting might be a new HC, but it could also be a new staff or something along the lines of switching out Rowdy for Baby Yoda.