News: Archer reporting a 2nd meeting between Garrett and Jerry **merged**

Brax

Reaction score
To take place tomorrow.

Why do you need a second meeting? Jerry can’t be contemplating bringing him back under a bunch of new conditions can he?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28397752/cowboys-jerry-jones-meet-jason-garrett-again-tuesday
He could be back, some of the talking heads have said as much. Jason is the perfect puppet for Jerry and will be hard to find a sycophant like Jason. Jerry doesn't care what anyone thinks so anything is possible just look at the last 23 years. Jerry know everyone wants a purge so he may just in spite rehire him. That Jason still has a job today shows the GM ability of Jones.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
We all know Jerry loves Garrett but we also know Jerry let his deal run out and can’t be happy with this season. Personally, I don’t see any way this delay is related to Garrett possibly remaining the coach. I believe Jerry offered him basically a lifetime position with the Dallas Cowboys and asked him to sleep on it. It could be as simple as Jerry asking him to come up with a role he would accept.

Sydla

Reaction score
I can see it now.

Jerry at the podium announcing a new three year extension of Garrett. He'll cite that Garrett has a great new vision for the team and that because of issues beneath him in the coaching staff, he didn't get a fair shake. But along with Jerry and Stephen, Jason will put together an entire new staff that Jerry is confident will win a SB. Jerry gets to see what fans and media don't see on a daily basis - a sharp, hard working, loyal coach in Garrett............... blah, blah, blah.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
I can see it now.

Jerry at the podium announcing a new three year extension of Garrett. He'll cite that Garrett has a great new vision for the team and that because of issues beneath him in the coaching staff, he didn't get a fair shake. But along with Jerry and Stephen, Jason will put together an entire new staff that Jerry is confident will win a SB. Jerry gets to see what fans and media don't see on a daily basis - a sharp, hard working, loyal coach in Garrett............... blah, blah, blah.

Yup. And a built in excuse if they struggle next year. New staff, need to gel.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
I can see it now.

Garrett is not coming back as HC, or we would already know it. This is frustrating and a complete **** show, but he isn't coming back as HC. He's likely just finishing up his coaching duties and goodbyes.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
He literally told the media yesterday he was going into the meeting to fight for his job. He's been on a PR mission to sway Jerry all week - the photo ops of hugging at midfield well after the game, waxing about practices being like kids playing in the yard, etc
To Garrett this job is about HIM, having his fantasy life. He doesn't consider for a moment how he has failed hence he never learns from his mistakes.
He is selfish and calculating and shallow.
And people want us to feel sorry for him.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
I don't trust Jerry until I actually see confirmed news about the firing of Garrett. Not very patient for them to be playing games and dragging this out. We have waited long enough for 10 seasons. Only Jerry Jones can be so eager to get rid of a coach that won him Superbowls, but act like Cowboys fans are supposed to forever settle for a coach who hasn't done anything in 10 seasons. :facepalm:

Rayman70

Reaction score
Ruhle?

Zimmer?
my suspicion is it Urban Meyer or Rhule. WOULD LOVE either...also a curve ball could be Mike McCarthy. Jerry is many things for sure, but one thing we all know, he wants to win badly. We tend to forget this. He knows he MUST get this right fast.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Should give Garrett the same courtesy they gave to Bailey who saved Garrett's bacon more times than I can remember.