Archer: Taryn Christion takes 3rd Team Reps

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak showed he can play in the NFL from pre season game 1,we cannot say that about any QB the cowboys drafted in more than a decade.people who want to dump Dak think its easy for us to draft a QB but that is a path we should not take.

So, if a QB plays well, the player gets all the credit, and if a QB plays poorly, the team gets all the blame …. nice double standard.

QUESTION: Before Dak, how many QB's had the Cowboys drafted in a decade?
ANSWER: 1 (did you think it was more?)

QUESTION: How many total QBs have the Cowboys drafted in a decade?
ANSWER: 3 (Includes White - did you think it was more?)

QUESTION: How many QBs have the Cowboys used a high draft pick on in a decade?
ANSWER: 0

QUESTION (you provide the answer): How many middle round QBs have other teams made into a quality NFL QB in the last decade …?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Not odd to me. They wanted to get an extensive look at Rush and White because they intend to only keep 2 QBs and need to know which of the two to keep. They've apparently seen enough of White to make that decision.

White signed his death warrant getting in the 1st Q last week and bombing. But if you look around the league, not many are holding out their fourth guy completely. The only action he has got is on teams.

reddyuta

Reaction score
So, if a QB plays well, the player gets all the credit, and if a QB plays poorly, the team gets all the blame …. nice double standard.

QUESTION: Before Dak, how many QB's had the Cowboys drafted in a decade?
ANSWER: 1 (did you think it was more?)

QUESTION: How many total QBs have the Cowboys drafted in a decade?
ANSWER: 3 (Includes White - did you think it was more?)

QUESTION: How many QBs have the Cowboys used a high draft pick on in a decade?
ANSWER: 0

QUESTION (you provide the answer): How many middle round QBs have other teams made into a quality NFL QB in the last decade …?

The Cowboys most likely would have drafted Paxton lynch if he fell to them,they were also in love with Johnny manziel.so i still dont trust them to identify good QB prospects.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys most likely would have drafted Paxton lynch if he fell to them,they were also in love with Johnny manziel.so i still dont trust them to identify good QB prospects.

Yes, they most likely would have drafted Lynch. The Cowboys weren't willing to pay what it would have taken to move up in the draft, so they passed and the Broncos drafted him instead. So what? There are tons of those situations with every team every draft. And, by the way, the draft is not an exact science for any team - that's not just a Cowboy thing.

As for Manziel, the report was Jerry favored Manziel, but Jason, Stephen and McClay did not. That's why he wasn't drafted.

The reality is the Cowboys haven't used a high draft pick on a QB since Quincy Carter, and before that since Troy Aikman. Obviously, neither was drafted with the same coaching staff.

You, however, act like the Cowboys are constantly drafting QB's they expect to be starters and are constantly whiffing. And you are condemning the Cowboys for not developing mid round QBs, when the 1 out of 3 times they have done it over the last decade beats the hell out of what most other teams have done.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Yes, they most likely would have. The Cowboys weren't willing to pay what it would have taken to move up in the draft, so they passed and the Broncos drafted him instead. So what? There are tons of those situations with every team every draft. And, by the way, the draft is not an exact science for any team - that's not just a Cowboy thing.

The reality is the Cowboys haven't used a high draft pick on a QB since Quincy Carter, and before that since Troy Aikman. Obviously, neither was drafted with the same coaching staff.

You, however, act like the Cowboys are constantly drafting QB's they expect to be starters and are constantly whiffing. And you are condemning the Cowboys for not developing mid round QBs, when the 1 out of 3 times they have done it over the last decade beats the hell out of what most other teams have done.

I am not condemning them,i just dont think they are good at it and one of the reasons they avoided drafting QBs.They are lucky they went from Romo to Dak,who knows how many years we would have been in QB doldrums.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am not condemning them,i just dont think they are good at it and one of the reasons they avoided drafting QBs.They are lucky they went from Romo to Dak,who knows how many years we would have been in QB doldrums.

You seem to not realize that the reason other teams seem "better" at it is because they are using 1st round picks on QB's, usually high ones, so they have better odds of success, and better material to work with.

And, even with 1st round picks, you apparently aren't aware of how often teams fail with them. Look at some of the 1st round QBs in the decade between 2007-2016 and tell me if it really looks that bad that the Cowboys haven't developed a 5th round QB …

Jamarcus Russell
Brady Quinn
Mark Sanchez
Josh Freeman
Sam Bradford
Tim Tebow
Jake Locker
Blane Gabbert
Christian Ponder
Robert Griffin
Bradon Weedon
E.J. Manuel
Johnny Manziel
Teddy Bridgewater
Marcus Mariota
Paxton Lynch

AbeBeta

Reaction score
It does seem odd they are not at least letting him play late in these games. There has been some speculation that they really like him and are trying to groom him ala Taysom Hill.

That is some serious hype, I would be surprised. He was used as an up-man on one of the late kickoffs though. Maybe he is the next Showers.

Yeah but the speculation also hits on us not playing him to keep him a secret. Good thing pro scouts don't know how to use the internet or even buy tickets to TC practices

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Needs to be 2nd string. Think Dak-like running ability (probably faster than Dak) and stronger arm. Watched his Jackrabbits vid last night. Look out.

A running QB for our team is a no brainer. Certainly for a backup.

The Mike White pick really didn't make sense. Why pick a pocket passer when your starter is a guy who best rolls out and runs? And for a backup you're not worried about breaking, let him run.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That would make sense.

The point of a PS QB is not just to have an arm for the scout team. It helps to have a player there that can run the scout team with efficiency and also compliment what you expect our of your QBs. He can do some of the same things Prescott can do, for example.

Having a complimentary player there that can mimic traits, say an upcoming mobile QB opponent, is more helpful that a skittish inaccurate QB like White.
A J.Showers replacement...

Altestic

Reaction score
I would like Prescott to be traded next spring and for White to start all sixteen games in 2020

So we'll get Trevor Lawrence the next year

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score

Great. I’ve been wanting to see this kid play and, let’s all be honest, he can’t be any worse than Mike White.

Weird Garrett thing, he never plays more than 3 QBs in a preseason game. We’ve had 4 quarterbacks on the roster before but it’s always the same, 3 play.

Hopefully the kid gets a quarter in the last preseason game. He could be practice squad material.