Archer: Taryn Christion takes 3rd Team Reps

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
you missed my post then,Dak was drafted to be a backup and only after they struck out on 2 other QBs.
Where did you read this or are you making it up? Right after the draft, the Cowboys said they wanted to draft 2 QBs and Prescott was always going to be one of them.

By the way they had Romo had the time but was looking for the future. He was drafted to be the future not a long term backup like you claim.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
Its a conspiracy... Make Mike White look bad.. Sneak him on the PS. Next year MVP candidate...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I like the fact the Cowboys have White 2nd unit snaps this past game. I think it was a fair chance he was given but just does not have it. I wish him the best in whatever he pursues.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
goodbye Mike white,a cautionary tale for people who think this team can scout QBs or even develop them.We lucked into Dak and we better keep him.

So Romo or Dak not count? Look at all the teams who draft a qb in round 1 that also bust. Drafting a qb is a gamble in any round.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
If Taryn Christion can't beat out Mike White as a backup QB he's probably not worth much. I understand he's a pretty good athlete, hence, he's also being tried out as a WR. Here's hoping the staff gives him some reps in the next two preseason games to aid him in maybe establishing himself in a QB backup role before it's too late. To me, it'll be somewhat disappointing if they don't. White had his chances and failed miserably. It's high time to cut bait.

Last edited:

Mr_437

Reaction score
A running QB for our team is a no brainer. Certainly for a backup.

The Mike White pick really didn't make sense. Why pick a pocket passer when your starter is a guy who best rolls out and runs? And for a backup you're not worried about breaking, let him run.
I think being able to run as a DAL QB has to be high on the list because there's too much rush in the league. Dak n Rush can move, so it's cool to still have that option to QB run if Dak has to get his helmet fixed (AB84 haha) for a play or two.

I like the QB4, TC5, look for him to heat up the practice this year and hopefully develop into competition for the backup job.