Archer - The sense is things will be quiet the next few days

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Clearly, it’s early on in the legal tampering period, but the sense is that things will be quiet with the Cowboys in the next few days in free agency. The focus is still on their own players, especially DeMarcus Lawrence. While everybody wants to connect the Earl Thomas dots, the feeling is the price will be a lot more than what the Cowboys want to pay.

i

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

SoupcanSam

Reaction score

Clearly, it’s early on in the legal tampering period, but the sense is that things will be quiet with the Cowboys in the next few days in free agency. The focus is still on their own players, especially DeMarcus Lawrence. While everybody wants to connect the Earl Thomas dots, the feeling is the price will be a lot more than what the Cowboys want to pay.

i

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

If I'm Jerry I'd ask tank why did he pull a disappearing act towards last season.

I dont enjoy the majic mumbo jumbo.

Jipper

Reaction score
I don’t mind them not overpaying big time for someone but the problem is without a first round pick they need one big splash FA to make up for it....do something please

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I don’t mind them not overpaying big time for someone but the problem is without a first round pick they need one big splash FA to make up for it....do something please
That lack of a first round pick is what makes this year a little more uncomfortable.

But follow Stephen's advice.

Just sit back and watch Amari Cooper highlights starting right now.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
This is so Obvious that this is a Captain Obvious Tweet by Archer.

Yet the faux outrage will be in full force.
Don't think the Cowboys organization does not relish the relevance that the faux outrage brings on.

Sydla

Reaction score

They only have 6 picks total. So with a bit of cap space this year and limited picks, you would have thought now would have been an ideal time to wade into free agency and bring in a key, maybe even mid-level type player at say DT or S or maybe TE or DE so you wouldn't have to "nail
your draft yet again to get immediate impact players.