Archer - The sense is things will be quiet the next few days

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So the FO mentality is to sign the players we have to keep the same team intact that got smacked all over L.A., ignore players in FA who can get us to the next level, let one of our most important pieces in Beasley walk without replacing him, and then expect to go further than where we got last season.

tenor.gif

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
:flagwave:

Clearly, it’s early on in the legal tampering period, but the sense is that things will be quiet with the Cowboys in the next few days in free agency. The focus is still on their own players, especially DeMarcus Lawrence. While everybody wants to connect the Earl Thomas dots, the feeling is the price will be a lot more than what the Cowboys want to pay.

i
:flagwave::flagwave:
Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer
:flagwave::flagwave:

Sydla

Reaction score
The battle cry will be don’t worry there are still names out there.

And there are.

But the odds of the Cowboys in on any mid tier FA that could start and fill a big hole? About 2%.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Lot of bad contracts ya'll are lusting over. Make sure you're here the see what these moves look like in a year or two.

75boyz

Reaction score

AND...even better yet...to not only have a nice majority group of supposed fans who believe in this time honored strategy, but who will further support it by being personally offended if brought to their attention that this plan is destined for failure.
It just might be that there are some distant Jones family cousins on this board or something. Gotta be.

ConceptCoop

Reaction score
Remember when we were complaining and pointing to the Giants FA class, with Vernon and Snacks? Don't we look kind of silly for that, in hindsight?

ConceptCoop

Reaction score
We just want 1-2 guys. Not an entire overhaul

Give me Thomas / Gipson and a massive DT and call it a day

The high money guys usually don't live up to the investment. The Cowboys have no problem paying up for talent or trading for it. But they don't like getting caught up in the yearly circus that is the first few days of free agency. I know we want excitement, but I don't know how you fault them for that.

garyv

Reaction score

Clearly, it’s early on in the legal tampering period, but the sense is that things will be quiet with the Cowboys in the next few days in free agency. The focus is still on their own players, especially DeMarcus Lawrence. While everybody wants to connect the Earl Thomas dots, the feeling is the price will be a lot more than what the Cowboys want to pay.

i

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

Cowboys have a plan in place they will wait one week prices come down and they sneak in and snag 3 or 4 free agents while other teams aren't expecting it at cheaper prices. It should work well since all the good ones will be gone and the scrubs will be left.