Archer - The sense is things will be quiet the next few days

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You forgot the ever-ridiculous “hot boys”

Waiting for something even more idiotic like “Moore’s Manglers”

I have a t-shirt guy working on "Score Moore in 2019" shirts for this upcoming season. A license to print money!
:thumbup:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wait: people thought we were going to make a big signing out of the gate this year?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Wait: people thought we were going to make a big signing out of the gate this year?
Most were hoping for ET.

Like you said in another thread, this is the type of acquisition you make if you want to compete for championships.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Most were hoping for ET.

Like you said in another thread, this is the type of acquisition you make if you want to compete for championships.

Yeah, but it was t going to happen day one. That’s just not how we operate. Best chance at him was going to be to let him field offers and for us to decide if we wanted to match it. Which is still in play.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just thought it may be more practical for this type of format for someone like me who has become quite pessimistic or negative over the years. Or a whiner I guess as your fellow mod alluded.

This way I would know exactly where my type of posts belong and not venture into the Positive Zone and imply personal attacks by my strong opinioned posts

It would keep me separate and keep those who did not agree with my whining opinion from having to read about it...

No?
lol.

One question.

How do you invoke compliance from all your fellow members?

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Most were hoping for ET.

I think most fans should know by now that our owner wants to win a championship, but only within the extremely narrow passageway known as “Jerry’s way”. He will do it his way or not at all.

The proof of the above stares us in the face every year he keeps Garrett as his HC and says he’s serious about winning. He could spend a fortune on the best coaching staff money can buy (you can’t buy players like he could in the mid 90s) but chooses to have “his coach” do it “his way”.

I’m convinced that the way we win a championship in the near future is with the “broken clock” method. It’s right twice a day regardless of setting. Or the “Even a blind squirrel finds a nut occasionally” theory. In other words, we are depending on luck my friends. On rare occasions luck works. Like the 1980 Olympic hockey “miracle on ice.” We are praying for a “miracle on turf”!

Last edited:

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
We really just need to upgrade our Safety (Earl) and find a way to sign Tank. The draft should help everything else. There's no reason to go out and sign 4 high priced FA's but 1 really good one in a position of dire need (Ball hawking safety) will greatly improve our outlook for next season IMO.
They’re looking for a SS not a ball hawking safety. That’s Woods.

They need a guy that doesn’t lose the ball on 3rd and 7 in the most critical play of the year. And hopefully he’s solid vs TEs in coverage.

coult44

Reaction score
Yeah, but it was t going to happen day one. That’s just not how we operate. Best chance at him was going to be to let him field offers and for us to decide if we wanted to match it. Which is still in play.

This is the first time in the history of this board where I can say, "Idgit, I hope you're right."...

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
I for one am ok thus far ... I see allot of teams overpaying for JAGs and slightly better talent .. I haven’t seen a deal yet that I’m saying wth Dallas we could’ve done that deal .. I do hope we do something “sensible” but I’m ok waiting too :.. only time will tell

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
ugly_cheerleaders_17.jpg

Bro...

Lol that’s funny!!!

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Other than whining about it ad nauseum with the same few lame lines over and over again.

Hey...let's talk about that boat or the johnny walker blue...those lame lines have never been used.

We lived through the Jerry spend like a drunken sailor years in FA.
Now we live through the Stephen is a $5 bargin bin Walmart shopper.

It is what it is.
No we are living through the Jerry got a boat so he can be a real drunken sailor while Stephen shops at the 99 cent store because daddy spent too much on a boat.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
They’re looking for a SS not a ball hawking safety. That’s Woods.

They need a guy that doesn’t lose the ball on 3rd and 7 in the most critical play of the year. And hopefully he’s solid vs TEs in coverage.
Last year SJ said all that was available were SS types and that's not what they needed. Where did you get that's what they're looking for this year?

Prossman

Reaction score
After all the franchise tags went out is there really more than handful of guys that you would pound the table for? I dont see that many . Earl Thomas....