Are Cowboys a destination HC’s would want?

TwentyOne

Reaction score
We are the most popular and wealthiest franchise on the planet with a storybook history. In the first 30 years we went to more Super Bowls and won more playoff games than any team in league history.

What’s transpired since though has left this franchise in a most unusual situation and potential insurmountable obstacle. Winning another championship with an owner in the front office and meddling coaching staff determined to gain most of the credit as face of the franchise.

And why even if the owner didn’t dangle puppetry strings not only with his Son but coaching staff intent on gaining credit for building a championship team he didn’t earlier would the Cowboys be an attractive destination unless you couldn’t land a job elsewhere?

The Cowboys have basically been a dead end job for any HC since Jimmy left. Only Chan Gailey ever coached again in NFL after needing to revive his career in college ranks.

Do all fans realize the severity of our situation and limitations on potential prospects as long as there’s only room for one ego in Big D?

Would you go here ?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Is it? Or is that just in your head?
If you’d followed me for the last 12 years on forums you’d know what I’m all about. Jerry has been my target. Because he’s the core cause for limiting the potential of Cowboys Football.

CapnB

Reaction score
You can choose to focus on the distant past, but it will get you nowhere and is a borderline sign of depression. It will never change, but feel free to whine for 2 decades.
If you choose to focus on only the future, which hasn't happened that's anxiety.

Do yourself and everyone here a favor and look at the present. It's the most current, up to date example of the "situation."

Thats my dawg right there yall

Reactions: G2

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
If you’d followed me for the last 12 years on forums you’d know what I’m all about. Jerry has been my target. Because he’s the core cause for limiting the potential of Cowboys Football.
Haven't and won't. My loss, right? So if the Cowboys win another SB I guess you'll give up your campaign against Jerry?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Haven't and won't. My loss, right? So if the Cowboys win another SB I guess you'll give up your campaign against Jerry?
No , because it won’t forgive the rest of this era. If we win one it will be because either he decided to relinquish his control and hiring a proven HC or those around him overcame his foolishness.

We’ve been a talent dependent franchise for most of this era since Jimmy left. We’ll need our talent to overcome our dysfunctional organization to win another championship much like we did in 1995.

Last edited:

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Jimmy and Landry are the only ones. After that.....it’s been a bunch of misfits including Wade who actually did win 13 games here.
The point is winning as a HC as a Cowboy is as big as it would be as a Laker or with the Yankees.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
We are the most popular and wealthiest franchise on the planet with a storybook history. In the first 30 years we went to more Super Bowls and won more playoff games than any team in league history.

What’s transpired since though has left this franchise in a most unusual situation and potential insurmountable obstacle. Winning another championship with an owner in the front office and meddling coaching staff determined to gain most of the credit as face of the franchise.

And why even if the owner didn’t dangle puppetry strings not only with his Son but coaching staff intent on gaining credit for building a championship team he didn’t earlier would the Cowboys be an attractive destination unless you couldn’t land a job elsewhere?

The Cowboys have basically been a dead end job for any HC since Jimmy left. Only Chan Gailey ever coached again in NFL after needing to revive his career in college ranks.

Do all fans realize the severity of our situation and limitations on potential prospects as long as there’s only room for one ego in Big D?

Hellz yes, what HC in his right brain would turn down the opportunity to coach the most talked about, twittered about, ranted about, loved and hated round about team in ALL of sports. Come and get us Payton. We be yours for the takin :laugh:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jimmy and Landry are the only ones. After that.....it’s been a bunch of misfits including Wade who actually did win 13 games here.
With the possible exception of Bill who Jerry at least initially allowed more control loosening the puppet strings but unfortunately Jerry ultimately couldn’t help himself and begin meddling, probably running Bill off before he’d finished the job,

Last edited:

Trendnet

Reaction score
No , because it won’t forgive the rest of this era. If we win one it will be because either he decided to relinquish his control and hiring a proven HC or those around him overcame his foolishness.

We’ve been a talent dependent franchise for most of this era since Jimmy left. We’ll need our talent to overcome our dysfunctional organization to win another championship much like we did in 1995.

Agreed. If Jerry hires a proven hall of famer head coach who leads a group of plucky, undrafted, one legged, blind underdogs to the Superbowl, then all will be well in the world.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What does that amount to though? Like is there a difference between winning in Cleveland or here?
Good question!

I’m not sure anymore. I think winning at this level is huge anywhere. Cowboy fans might think it’s bigger.

Big_D

Reaction score
The point is winning as a HC as a Cowboy is as big as it would be as a Laker or with the Yankees.

This is for fans only. You think those who work in the NFL are this enamored to work for the Cowboys? That luster faded a long time ago, even for fans. Lets say a guy highly sought after has multiple job offers and the Cowboys are one of them. They have to sell their edge like everyone else. Coaches aren't tripping over themselves just to be here. After Landry and Johnson some made those comparisons, but how can you realistically do that today? lol People aren't just in love with the logo and uniform with a dream to work for the Cowboys someday! Winning anywhere … is winning! And what does that mean when the Cowboys are usually sitting home these days? I guess it would be big, it's been 25 years!