Are Cowboys a destination HC’s would want?

Big_D

Reaction score
He hasn’t illustrated he’s interested in winning without meddling. Im not sure he’d enjoy winning and taking the role most owners do.

He certainly wasn’t happy with back to back world championship HC becoming fussy with who got more credit. Doesn’t appear Big D is big enough for two egos that size?

But no, narcissistic like Jerry think they’re going to live forever.

He might have thought that at 50, I'm betting he knows better at 76.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
We are the most popular and wealthiest franchise on the planet with a storybook history. In the first 30 years we went to more Super Bowls and won more playoff games than any team in league history.

What’s transpired since though has left this franchise in a most unusual situation and potential insurmountable obstacle. Winning another championship with an owner in the front office and meddling coaching staff determined to gain most of the credit as face of the franchise.

And why even if the owner didn’t dangle puppetry strings not only with his Son but coaching staff intent on gaining credit for building a championship team he didn’t earlier would the Cowboys be an attractive destination unless you couldn’t land a job elsewhere?

The Cowboys have basically been a dead end job for any HC since Jimmy left. Only Chan Gailey ever coached again in NFL after needing to revive his career in college ranks.

Do all fans realize the severity of our situation and limitations on potential prospects as long as there’s only room for one ego in Big D?

Certainly.

Some guy looking to prove himself to the league would see the Cowboys HC position as a great stepping stone. We're not making the best use of the players we have, and Garrett is a game day liability.

Garrett is the weak link who should be voted off the island. From what I can see of management, Stephen and McClay are doing a good job. In the short term, to the extent they're doing a bad job, it's by mortgaging the future. Which makes the Cowboys an even more attractive short term position.

Great potential to improve performance and look like a star, positioning you to move to another team where you'll have more control if that is so important to you.

Big money. Big visibility. Low hanging fruit for improvement. Looks a lot better than the historical cellar dwellers.

There's only 1 NE to work for, and that HC job is taken.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Certainly.

Some guy looking to prove himself to the league would see the Cowboys HC position as a great stepping stone. We're not making the best use of the players we have, and Garrett is a game day liability.

Garrett is the weak link who should be voted off the island. From what I can see of management, Stephen and McClay are doing a good job. In the short term, to the extent they're doing a bad job, it's by mortgaging the future. Which makes the Cowboys an even more attractive short term position.

Great potential to improve performance and look like a star, positioning you to move to another team where you'll have more control if that is so important to you.

Big money. Big visibility. Low hanging fruit for improvement. Looks a lot better than the historical cellar dwellers.

There's only 1 NE to work for, and that HC job is taken.
I’d be perfectly fine with that but would Jerry after all of these years be willing to let a HC come in and steal his thunder taking credit?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I’d be perfectly fine with that but would Jerry after all of these years be willing to let a HC come in and steal his thunder taking credit?

Jerry won't get more credit by continually falling short with Garrett.

I think this board and the league give most of the credit to be had to Stephen and McClay. Jerry currently gets the blame for hanging on to Garrett.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Only fans are foolish enough and anti-Jerry enough to think most prospective head coaches wouldn’t come to Dallas because of Jerry. Players and coaches dream of playing or coaching for Dallas because it’s the Dallas Cowboys and because of Jerry’s spending, new found draft success, and loyalty.

Now, a player or coach isn’t going to come to Dallas for a million dollars less than some other franchise offers, but when Jerry wants a player or coach, he generally gets them unless the money they are requesting will destroy the team or coaching salary structure.

Why did Bill Parcells want to work for Jerry after all the failure? Why did some respected coaches choose Jerry instead of somewhere else just last off-season?

If Jerry is in the ball park when it comes to money, most players and coaches choose Dallas. If you think a head coach goes to Green Bay or Philadelphia or other places because they won’t work for Jerry, you are delusional.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jerry won't get more credit by continually falling short with Garrett.

I think this board and the league give most of the credit to be had to Stephen and McClay. Jerry currently gets the blame for hanging on to Garrett.
I’m not sure Jerry is interested in winning unless he receives more credit than he did with Jimmy or we’d already have a more legit situation?

And this board isn’t always a barometer for the rest of the league, media and even Cowboys Nation. At least not the vocal minority which I’d like to think doesn’t always represent this board.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I’m not sure Jerry is interested in winning unless he receives more credit than he did with Jimmy or we’d already have a more legit situation?

Maybe. I'm sure he'd like Garrett to work out. But he probably doesn't want to blow another potential contender. You don't get any good credit for that.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Maybe. I'm sure he'd like Garrett to work out. But he probably doesn't want to blow another potential contender. You don't get any good credit for that.
He hasn’t illustrated that winning is the top priority. And why we are where we are. Not sure why that’s so difficult for all fans to accept?

I think we actually do pretty good for a franchise with such Football Idiots meddling with their Toy.

The rest of the league should be ashamed when they’re actually making a more professional and normal effort to win and results are worse than Cowboys. If only all Owners and Son were mandated to run and meddle in football operation , I think we could dominate.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This is true. You are a broken record.
But I’m consistent with my criticism of our ownership and the handicaps it presents Cowboys Football with the most dysfunctional organization.

New issues arise which allow me to reenforce my narrative which I believe is the core cause for our lack of success.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Garrett gets his fair share of flak for his performance on the sideline, but he does an A+ job with Jerry. He's making a hard job look easy IMO.

Jerry makes the Cowboys HC job radioactive for good candidates with options. Most of those guys want as much power as they can get to run things their way, and here, they will always run into a wall with the owner.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
But I’m consistent with my criticism of our ownership and the handicaps it presents Cowboys Football with the most dysfunctional organization.

New issues arise which allow me to reenforce my narrative which I believe is the core cause for our lack of success.
No argument.
You're consistent. Extremely, exceedingly, inescapably, boringly consistent.

I salute you sir.
Because if I don't, @Melonfeud gets all butt hurt and stuff.

Makes me smile, but I'm tired.

Aw... I'm just ribbing. It's not like whatever I say is going to change anything about you...

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Garrett gets his fair share of flak for his performance on the sideline, but he does an A+ job with Jerry. He's making a hard job look easy IMO.
Garrett deserves some of the criticism on Game Day but his overall mgmt of Jerry influencing the Cowboys culture and decisions I believe is the greatest in our Puppet era with possible exception of Bill.

But it’s still a reminder that he’s a product of the dysfunctional organization and why we are at a distinct disadvantage or handicap with the Football Idiot meddling.