Are Lamb and Gallup responding to the Beckham speculation?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I refuse to let him do anything around the house if he's not spiffed up.
It wouldn’t matter at my house whether he was spiffed up or not. Lol

And I’d be very proud if my wife did Brad Pitt. He fits right into that approved category of doing Aikman :)

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just want to temper that by saying the giants 2 starting corners were sitting, right?

And a bunch of backups held up pretty well for the most part. While both Lamb and Gallup made sone spectacular contested catches, the contested part can’t be ignored. Backup defensive backs were running with our top two receivers all day. To me, that’s a bit concerning.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Leave it to this guy to start a ridiculous thread

every player on the team wants Beckham. They don’t care what you think

patrick-swayze-dalton.gif

Reactions: JBS

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
If Ceedee and Gallup needed ODBJR to spark a fire under them, then that’s exactly why we need to sign ODBJR

Blackrain

Reaction score
You just don't like Brad Pitt.

The pushback is because of this team's proclivity to give into the circus the owner runs.

Heck I'd retire to the man cave with my dog and be happy to let Brad Pitt handle all the honeydews and every other pain in the *** thing that came up.
But I've been married a long time. Lol

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Is it my imagination or have these two WR's lifted their game trying to send a message that Beckham is not needed?

They both said the right things when asked the stupid question about him joining the team but does anyone believe that? That's like asking a married man if he minds it if Brad Pitt moves in for a while just to level out the Honey Do's.

And I would have liked to see the QB show a little more support to his receiving corps that is in place rather than this Beckham chatter.

This is all about the owner grabbing some spotlight and promotional opportunity and I hope they're thinking of investing that money elsewhere on the team.

I really do not think Beckham is a necessity and there are enough targets and the TE's are contributing nicely.
It’s your imagination. Dak is finally back and they are getting a rhythm again.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Speculation of Beckham speculation is more like it.
It's about game reps. The more they have together the better they can be.
This isn't some "WR controversy." This adds talent to an already thin group. In other words, the reality is competition for the "no shows" like Noah Brown, Simi Fehoko and Houston.

ESisback

Reaction score
Is it my imagination or have these two WR's lifted their game trying to send a message that Beckham is not needed?

They both said the right things when asked the stupid question about him joining the team but does anyone believe that? That's like asking a married man if he minds it if Brad Pitt moves in for a while just to level out the Honey Do's.

And I would have liked to see the QB show a little more support to his receiving corps that is in place rather than this Beckham chatter.

This is all about the owner grabbing some spotlight and promotional opportunity and I hope they're thinking of investing that money elsewhere on the team.

I really do not think Beckham is a necessity and there are enough targets and the TE's are contributing nicely.
I think you’re quite right, but since Jerry wants glitz and glamour and headlines, since advancing the brand is his #1 priority, he’ll make the flashy move, IF the diva allows it. So why worry? We have no say.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think you’re quite right, but since Jerry wants glitz and glamour and headlines, since advancing the brand is his #1 priority, he’ll make the flashy move, IF the diva allows it. So why worry? We have no say.
Yea, probably so. But we can still call it out.

Gobble gobble ES :)

817Gill

Reaction score
Did people ask how the WR’s felt when we had Amari? Why were we ok with 3 good WR’s then but now it’s some issue? Y’all do know that 3 WR sets are extremely common lol. We are getting sporadic production from WR3. Why not have a real threat in there?

Additionally, both Gallup and CD are on record saying they’d welcome the addition. Heck, CD said in an interview with GQ yesterday that he grew up watching Odell as one of his favorites.

Flamma

Reaction score
No, and I don't agree with the Pitt analogy either. Adding another legitimate threat makes everyone's job easier, everybody eats. I really don't get the pushback from fans against trying to get better.

I agree with you. I just hope people don't think OBJ would be anything more than an improvement of the team, he's not going to be better than Lamb, and maybe not even Gallup. He'd be a good WR and an insurance policy in case a WR goes down with an injury. I would expect nothing more than him taking away playing time from Noah Brown.

plasticman

Reaction score
Gallup was a thousand yard receiver in 2020. He's just getting back to where he was before.

Lamb doesn't need OBJ to get inspired, he just has more help now from Gallup and Pollard.

There just coming together, that's all.

I agree, we don't need OBJ.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I agree with you. I just hope people don't think OBJ would be anything more than an improvement of the team, he's not going to be better than Lamb, and maybe not even Gallup. He'd be a good WR and an insurance policy in case a WR goes down with an injury. I would expect nothing more than him taking away playing time from Noah Brown.
Exactly right. How’s he going to react when he is playing for a contract next year and not getting ten targets a game?

By the time he gets ON the field, gets into shape, establishes a rhythm with Dak, etc…there’s no guarantee he has time to make it to peak shape anyway.

Buffalo may be the best bet for him. He is not WR1 there and no one would dispute that. Around here, after one of Lambs so so games, the pot would get stirred.