News: Are people sleeping on the 2019 Dallas Cowboys?

CCBoy

Reaction score
Are people sleeping on the 2019 Dallas Cowboys?
https://thelandryhat.com/2019/05/22/sleeping-2019-dallas-cowboys/

...the Cowboys are predicted to be win 8.4 games in 2019. This is ridiculous because ever since 2016, when the team drafted quarterback Dak Prescott and running back Ezekiel Elliott, they have stayed above .500.

Even in the worst of the three years, they managed to win nine games. The Cowboys should at the very least be in the top 10. With the additions of former Pro Bowlers Robert Quinn (defensive end) and Randall Cobb (wide receiver), both the defense and offense have added a little spark.

Also, All-Pro Center Travis Frederick will be back on the offensive line to shore up some blocking problems. In no way have the Cowboys gotten any worse. At the very least they will be incrementally better than the 2018 season.

Another underrated advantage the Cowboys will have this season is a full offseason working with wide receiver Amari Cooper. Cooper was sensational last year recording 896 yards in total games (including postseason). Now, Cooper has had the whole offseason and will spend all of training camp with Prescott...

DHCBF66

Reaction score

...the Cowboys are predicted to be win 8.4 games in 2019. This is ridiculous because ever since 2016, when the team drafted quarterback Dak Prescott and running back Ezekiel Elliott, they have stayed above .500.

Even in the worst of the three years, they managed to win nine games. The Cowboys should at the very least be in the top 10. With the additions of former Pro Bowlers Robert Quinn (defensive end) and Randall Cobb (wide receiver), both the defense and offense have added a little spark.

Also, All-Pro Center Travis Frederick will be back on the offensive line to shore up some blocking problems. In no way have the Cowboys gotten any worse. At the very least they will be incrementally better than the 2018 season.

Another underrated advantage the Cowboys will have this season is a full offseason working with wide receiver Amari Cooper. Cooper was sensational last year recording 896 yards in total games (including postseason). Now, Cooper has had the whole offseason and will spend all of training camp with Prescott...
Yes they are! 11-12 wins is my prediction.

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
:angry: how dare they, those snoozing clueless idiots :mad:

:flagwave: 11 or 12 wins for the Cowboys in 2019 :flagwave:

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Some people are sleeping on them but a lot are overrating them. Should be a pretty good team though.

Last edited:

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
To suggest that we probably win less than 10 seems a little dismissive but I'm pretty sure that the organisations we will play against will be fully aware of our abilities and won't take us lightly.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
People are all over the place. I see oddsmakers saying things like 8.4 or 8.5 while some talking heads mention "Super Bowl" when speaking about Dallas.

Let's see if JG can have consecutive playoff seasons for the first time, then go from there.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score

I hope the competition is sleeping on the Cowboys. Me, I'm sleeping in ma bed with ma lady and dog! Barely room for yours truly :)

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
I'm with ya. 11-5 is my meaningless prediction.

I'm not superstitious, but that even/odd year jinx is lurking.
Still, I'm saying we kick the door in this year. Fingers crossed... lol.
If we stay healthy, we win the division. jmho

Diehardblues

Reaction score

It’s not ridiculous at all when you consider how close we were to having another non playoff season last year before the trade with Cooper. And let’s not forget we didn’t have a 1st place schedule last year either.

Last two seasons we had 9 and 10 win seasons so it seems fairly reasonable to place our over/under at about 8 1/2- 9 wins.

We were fortunate last year we faced the Egirls while they were struggling sweeping that series. I wouldn’t have wanted to face them in the playoffs.

I think the analyst and handicappers are spot on picking us about 4-7th in the conference. That places Rams, Saints, Bears at least in front of us which few but some Cowboy Homers would argue. And most are picking Eagles to win division which could knock us down another notch or two. That’s before we see what Packers, Vikings, Seahawks, Falcons and Panthers( all recent playoff contenders) are this year.

That said , I think we are a solid playoff contender and could fall anywhere in that 4th-7th range. And that’s assuming our divisional foes haven’t improved themselves enough to prevent us from sweeping them this year.

My biggest concern is our schedule. If the North has improved with Packers and or Vikings those could be huge games in any tiebreaker decisions for Wildcards. And having to play Rams, Saints and Bears all teams picked ahead of us presents challenges that only a 1st place schedule provides. That doesn’t take into account the AFC East going to Foxborough and if any of those teams are improved.

I do think our schedule is more favorable early and if we can get off to a fast start might carry us thru the tougher stretches. But my expectations are limited. I think we’ll be competitive and fighting for at least a Wildcard and in the division race until the end unless a key injury or suspension derails us.

My bigger concerns going in are DL. How will Lawrence be recovering from surgery and be at full speed. Will the loss of Gregory and Irving impact . And if we have lost some pressure from DL the effects overall on our defense. Have we done enough to shore up the middle of our DL and Safety?

And will Frederick return to his Pro Bowl stature along with Smith and Martin being 100% after nursing injuries last year. Will Witten bring back some production to TE? Will Moore make an impact with play calling? Can we become more effective in Redzone and scoring? Too many questions for me to be declaring this team will be more than a top 4 team in conference until I see more.