Are The Cowboys Distracted?..

Reaction score
Are the Dallas Cowboys a distracted team? This has been a crazy week for the Cowboys and there are alot of bad pub going on.

First, the Owner, Jerry Jones was accused of suggesting Barber wasn't tough and now there is suggestions that the QB and his recievers are not getting along.

There is a game to be played in two days, correct? Are the Cowboys a distracted team? Once again, in December, there are lots of questions that need to be answered!

Boysboy

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2482991 said:
Are the Dallas Cowboys a distracted team? This has been a crazy week for the Cowboys and there are alot of bad pub going on.

First, the Owner, Jerry Jones was accused of suggesting Barber wasn't tough and now there is suggestions that the QB and his recievers are not getting along.

There is a game to be played in two days, correct? Are the Cowboys a distracted team? Once again, in December, there are lots of questions that need to be answered!

By any chance, did you see "The Last Boyscout"?(1991 Bruce Willis/Daman Wayans movie) The theme of that movie was professional sports was runned by gamblers and linemakers.

Pt being that I always wonder if the NFL and other professional sports are the same way, and they put out all these "sensationalistic stories" like what we have this week to suck people in.

I know this is far-fetched, but it's just something that makes you think about.

Reaction score
Boysboy;2483007 said:
By any chance, did you see "The Last Boyscout"?(1991 Bruce Willis/Daman Wayans movie) The theme of that movie was professional sports was runned by gamblers and linemakers.

Pt being that I always wonder if the NFL and other professional sports are the same way, and they put out all these "sensationalistic stories" like what we have this week to suck people in.

I know this is far-fetched, but it's just something that makes you think about.

The bottom line is these stories can and generally distract a team. This could hurt the Cowboys. Now, I am very worried about the Cowboys mental state come Sunday night.

Reaction score
Now all we are going to hear and see come Sunday night will be Ownes this and Romo that and so on....... This can't be good for this team.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2483019 said:
For Christ Sake, a must win situation and we have nothing but bad things going on.
if we win it will all go away.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2483013 said:
The bottom line is these stories can and generally distract a team. This could hurt the Cowboys. Now, I am very worried about the Cowboys mental state come Sunday night.

It reminded me of the Houston Texans game 2 years ago after coming off a gut-wrenching loss @Philly. All we heard was how Owens was angry Bledsoe didn't connect with him, how he clashed with Todd Haley on the sidelines AND in practice, how he yelled at his teammates in the lockerroom, etc, etc.

Guess what-we came out gangbusters, and all of a sudden everyone was saying Bledsoe and TO finally found their chemistry together. Yeah-I know it was the lowly Texans, but still...38-6 was nothing to sneeze at.

Like I said-I don't think we'll win, but if we go as far as a blowout win, I still won't be surprised.

Reaction score
Rampage;2483028 said:
if we win it will all go away.

I agree but just think all day Sunday we will have to hear about it because we play the late game.

You know that the camera crew will be all over Romo, Witten, Owens, Crayton, Williams and Peyton.

This will be a tough enough of a game without distractions, let alone distractions.

Reaction score
Boysboy;2483031 said:
It reminded me of the Houston Texans game 2 years ago after coming off a gut-wrenching loss @Philly. All we heard was how Owens was angry Bledsoe didn't connect with him, how he clashed with Todd Haley on the sidelines AND in practice, how he yelled at his teammates in the lockerroom, etc, etc.

Guess what-we came out gangbusters, and all of a sudden everyone was saying Bledsoe and TO finally found their chemistry together. Yeah-I know it was the lowly Texans, but still...38-6 was nothing to sneeze at.

Like I said-I don't think we'll win, but if we go as far as a blowout win, I still won't be surprised.

I thought the Cowboys were going to win for sure, a must win game, but now I don't know because of i am not sure how they will be mentally.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2483032 said:
I agree but just think all day Sunday we will have to hear about it because we play the late game.

You know that the camera crew will be all over Romo, Witten, Owens, Crayton, Williams and Peyton.

This will be a tough enough of a game without distractions, let alone distractions.
that's the life of a Dallas Cowboy. the 90s guys worked through it. this team needs to shut everything out, focus only on football, man the **** up and win this damn game.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2483037 said:
I thought the Cowboys were going to win for sure, a must win game, but now I don't know because of i am not sure how they will be mentally.

Like I said-DFW is pretty much immune to hurricanes, earthquakes, other natural disasters(with the exception of tornadoes), and terrorist attacks. However-if we lose on Sun night...DWF will go:explode:

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Rampage;2482995 said:
we will find out Sunday night.

I think they are distracted, and I think they lay a giant egg on national TV to be pretty much eliminated from the playoffs.

This team just doesnt get it. They dont get it. And untill they do, they dont deserve to win anything in the playoffs.

Oldschool7

Benched
Reaction score
People misunderstand the term distraction.

Are we talking about distracted like a cel phone driver? No.

But in terms of body-soul-fire-rip-out-your-heart-and-play-football focus?
AbsoFRIKKINlutely.