Are the Cowboys planning on tanking next season?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I don’t think so, but 2019 is looking more interesting to me now.

dwreck27

Reaction score
If we were tanking Dlaw and Irving wouldn’t be here along with us moving Martin

plasticman

Reaction score
LOL.......yeah,without Dez's average game contribution over the past three years of 50 yards on four receptions, the Cowboys are doomed. However can they hope to replace such lofty numbers?

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
Why not. Trade Martin before they do the big contract with someone that can afford it under their salary cap. Maybe a 1st and a 2nd rd draft pick. Trade DLaw for a similar amount. Trade Dak before it becomes obvious what his value is. Trade Zeke before he expects to be paid one of the highest RB contracts. Trade Tron before his back breaks. Let Witten and Lee retire and just start over with a bevy of draft picks and a few pieces.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yup. Tank 2018 and then in 2019 we can get new coaches, get rid of all these 1 year jag rentals. Maybe get a real QB.

lk8701

Reaction score
Why not. Trade Martin before they do the big contract with someone that can afford it under their salary cap. Maybe a 1st and a 2nd rd draft pick. Trade DLaw for a similar amount. Trade Dak before it becomes obvious what his value is. Trade Zeke before he expects to be paid one of the highest RB contracts. Trade Tron before his back breaks. Let Witten and Lee retire and just start over with a bevy of draft picks and a few pieces.

It worked out pretty well for the astros.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
That is the only explanation that I can come up with for this offseason.
The difference being, remembering that moxied Cowboys team of the glorious 9-7 season in 2018 with no playoffs OR a top 5 draft pick next year????

Hmmmm.
Hmmmmm. Let me think about that.....