Video: Are the Cowboys the team to beat in the NFC East?

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
They are the team to beat every year. Ask the other 31 teams in the league. It isn't just left in the NFCE . Every team wants to beat Dallas. Regardless of what they haven't done in the past 25 years. Which is squat. Every team gets it up to play Dallas. Been that way for years, and years. So, in a sense, yes they are the team to beat. Some teams treat it like their Super Bowl, and go to crap after the win. (I'm talking to you Trevor Semion)... hehehe

NickZepp

Reaction score
There is no evidence of a vastly improved coaching staff as of now. Talent needs to be improved in a lot of areas like OL, DL, LB, DB, maybe WR if Cooper is gone.

bewp7

Reaction score
idk but i hope everyone in the media picks them to finish dead last! they have proven they can’t handle the weight of expectations and like bill parcells said “don’t eat the cheese” and i think they have been getting fat off it under garrett! jaylon is a perfect example!

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Well since there's only three other teams you got a pretty good shot LOL 9 and 7 won it this year??
I do not consider one down season as a permanent trend.

You are forgetting the Eagles won the SB 2 years ago.

How well we did last year and beat the Seahawks who are prohibitive favorites to play in the SB again.

If you think that is all just "lucky".

Nope.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
There is no evidence of a vastly improved coaching staff as of now. Talent needs to be improved in a lot of areas like OL, DL, LB, DB, maybe WR if Cooper is gone.
That is why I remain very conservative considering all the changes.

I expect another 8-8 year until this staff plays together under MM.

After that..who knows?

The whole Eadtern Div has changed except for Philly.

That puts them in the driver's seat for now.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
Guys like Alshon, Sproles and Wentz are ALWAYS hurt. Im tired of that excuse.
Yes, let’s just gloss over the fact that the eagles have one of the oldest rosters in the league. Which is why they are always banged up.
Pretty certain that Alshon and Sproles are gone. It looks like Boston Scott is the new Sproles. This upcoming draft is full of WR's. Eagles haven't done well drafting WR's over the years (before Desean, the best receiver they drafted was Mike Quick--that's a long time). Kelce may retire, so expect Seumalo to try to win the center job. Dillard may take over for Peters. Sanders will be the #1 RB. Greg Ward may stick. An Eagles O-line of Dillard-LG??-Seumalo-Brooks-Johnson is a mix of young and guys in their prime or entering it. The starting backfield of Sanders/Scott is young. Ertz is entering his prime and Goedart is young. The Eagles offense can get young in a hurry. If Brooks and Johnson avoid injury they make up arguably the best right side in the game.

Defense...Cox is in his prime, Jernigan will be entering it, Barrett is young, Graham and Jenkins are on the wrong side of 30 though. Their DB's and young and learning. They have only two LB's that are NFL caliber. Not counting Hicks, as he is hurt so often.

Eagles are not as old as some think once they plug a few holes.

Praxit

Reaction score
...The whole East is revamped. Its 50/50...all the way around. I'm a homer so I go with Dallas..lol..

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Expect a drop off in the number of talented players we have on our roster. We can't keep everyone. hard to tell how good we are untill we have a better idea as to who is on the roster. I mean if Lewis and Awuzie are our starting CB's were in trouble. What safeties will we have? Make fun of heath but there aren't too many safeties better at his price tag.

CB61

Reaction score
I do not consider one down season as a permanent trend.

You are forgetting the Eagles won the SB 2 years ago.

How well we did last year and beat the Seahawks who are prohibitive favorites to play in the SB again.

If you think that is all just "lucky".

Nope.
Didn't say anything about being lucky question mark those are your words