Are there really fans that would rather still have Garrett?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
What a odd question. Like at the spoint in time who even thinks about Garrett? He's gone. Moved on. I Forget he's even in NY at times. I have a hard time thinking a real Cowboy fan even thinks about him at this point when we have McCarthy now. If McCarthy goes on to go 0-16 then maybe I can see it but as of now? I don't see it.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am sure there are, look at all the difference of opinions on Romo still. On Dak & Zeke, though on Zeke it is all personal it seems. As no one thinks he is a bad player. But many think he is in relation to the size of his contract, as in overpaid. Again that is their opinion, as entitled to it.

So no doubt some are upset Garrett is gone. There are those probably hating McCarthy, maybe based on his tenure with GB, as they avidly hate everything GB. I do not like GB either as Packers and Steelers are my 2 most hated teams (bestie division foes). However, MM does not bother me just because he is ex GB coach. I like it because he can't be any worse, and is a proven winner for long term.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Listening to The Fan and here them discussing this and getting fan texts saying this staff is not better than the last one.. LMAO!
giphy.gif

dfense

Reaction score
Yeah, I'd say wait and see what McCarthy does.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If there are fans who think that way it's got to be a tiny minority. Remember, the Fan is trying to drum up interest in their show. They could be ferreting out the 0.2% that wanted Garrett to remain for the sake of fabricating a topic that really doesn't have a basis.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If there are fans who think that way it's got to be a tiny majority. Remember, the Fan is trying to drum up interest in their show. They could be ferreting out the 0.2% that wanted Garrett to remain for the sake of fabricating a topic that really doesn't have a basis.
Yea. I think even some of his ardent supporters realized it was time to make a change even if they didn’t hold Jason totally responsible .

Jason was one of the more popular Head Coaches for a number of years since Jimmy because of his history with the Cowboys.

Just a few years ago a local poll had almost 60% of local fans believing he could be first HC to take Cowboys to a championship game sine 90’s dynasty.

And he came fairly close on more than one occasion. But he fell out of favor with most with the collapse this year making a change imminent as much as Jerry fought it off.

I could understand what there still might be some interest. We still have fans who like what Bill and even Wade did here. And some have rooted Wade on since he left here.

Most Cowboy fans know who the real culprit is here. And as long as he is our chances are less regardless what HC we have. That said we always retain some hope. But we aren’t naive enough after the last 25 years to believe MM is the absolute Savior from our dysfunctional leadership.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
I won't miss a damn thing about Garrett. Even the memes.

I like what MM has done so far, but he faces an extreme challenge in Dallas, not only having to answer to the Joneses, but leading two teams to a Super Bowl is a tall order, and winning one with two teams has proved to be impossible. I'm rooting for him though. For the first time since Parcells left, I feel like we have a HC that's in charge.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Listening to The Fan and here them discussing this and getting fan texts saying this staff is not better than the last one.. LMAO! Are these the same folks who feel the Earth is flat by any chance?

After Garrett, the excuse bus has lost its driver.
Have no fear the mob will find a new Garrett(Scapegoat) as soon as we're kicking FG all game long.....
Kellen better wear your helmet bud....

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It was only two texts, Idgit and Diehardblues
Wasn’t me. I was on board this had become too toxic environment for Garrett. It was time for him to go and should have done so before the season was over. Had a thread early on stating as such. Right after the Patriot game. But I wasn’t on board he was totally at fault.