Are there really fans that would rather still have Garrett?

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Great talent is also an opinion which a lot of time is flat WRONG..sorry but Garett did not lead the league in dropped passes, some of those players got rewarded, yet Garett fired, Garett didnt miss tackles or seem to give up plays, Garett didnt constantly throw bad passes to wide open Wrs, Garett did not miss FGs, allow sacks, throw Ints, fumble or jump offsides or get flag and have rekick a made fg only to missat the worst possible time in game. and many more BS narratives on how great coach could have prevented poor execution..

Did garett get paid 20mil only to have an off year in sacks?

Garett was simply not a championship level coach , hes good enough to win more times then not but against the best competition who had answers in games where garett didnt, sure Garett was exposed..sounds like someone else I know about to be rewarded 35mil for being mediocre as was his start WR..

its the cold hard truth, a lot of our issues were players NOT executing and Garett not having an answer for it, hes gone, many for those players are still here..huh ironic how that works..
blah blah blah

Garrett sucks.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Check back during the season for the answer to that.

Some are seeing McC as the second coming and already announcing this staff is better than Garrett's but there is no proof of that yet. And he was my first choice of the mentioned candidates but I never bought that "this is the most talented team" stuff either.

I was just tired of Garrett and everything about him and most of all discussing him here.

HC's catch too much blame and credit and I've yet to see one throw, catch, run, block or tackle except for Woody Hayes and Mike Tomlin.
I certainly hope Mike Mc is going to be as good as some here believe. I think his resume is certainly better than Garrett’s. But until the live bullets fly in real games for al least half a season, we really don’t know what MM is yet. Will be interesting to see how much clout and room JJ gives him.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Great talent is also an opinion which a lot of time is flat WRONG..sorry but Garett did not lead the league in dropped passes, some of those players got rewarded, yet Garett fired, Garett didnt miss tackles or seem to give up plays, Garett didnt constantly throw bad passes to wide open Wrs, Garett did not miss FGs, allow sacks, throw Ints, fumble or jump offsides or get flag and have rekick a made fg only to missat the worst possible time in game. and many more BS narratives on how great coach could have prevented poor execution..

Did garett get paid 20mil only to have an off year in sacks?

Garett was simply not a championship level coach , hes good enough to win more times then not but against the best competition who had answers in games where garett didnt, sure Garett was exposed..sounds like someone else I know about to be rewarded 35mil for being mediocre as was his start WR..

its the cold hard truth, a lot of our issues were players NOT executing and Garett not having an answer for it, hes gone, many for those players are still here..huh ironic how that works..
Man this is BS coaches win with inferior talent. Doug Pederson does it all the time.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I certainly hope Mike Mc is going to be as good as some here believe. I think his resume is certainly better than Garrett’s. But until the live bullets fly in real games for al least half a season, we really don’t know what MM is yet. Will be interesting to see how much clout and room JJ gives him.
Nobody knows how good he will be but if he can’t be better than Garrett he has a huge problem.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
McCarthy's Packers routinely rated near the bottom in special teams categories. Coming off last season's performance by the Cowboys I'm not optimistic he's the guy to improve them.

Offense isn't going to look a lot different with Moore still OC. Defense and special teams are going to look different. Hopefully that translates to better.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Listening to The Fan and here them discussing this and getting fan texts saying this staff is not better than the last one.. LMAO! Are these the same folks who feel the Earth is flat by any chance?

I think if you had asked this question last offseason, you would have had some Garrett supporters here. But I think even the stalwarts saw last season that Garrett isn't good enough even when there are a lack of other excuses to blame.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
McCarthy's Packers routinely rated near the bottom in special teams categories. Coming off last season's performance by the Cowboys I'm not optimistic he's the guy to improve them.

Offense isn't going to look a lot different with Moore still OC. Defense and special teams are going to look different. Hopefully that translates to better.
I was thinking the same thing, but grabbing Bones Fassel and some kicker competition is a huge start.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Mike McCarthy managed a 6 win season with a HoF QB in his prime starting all 16 games. Because he’s better at ‘coaching.’ The next coach immediately won 13 games with that team despite no previous HC experience.

Can you think of a head coach who did worse with a hall of fame QB?

I’m okay with the swap.

I think that’s cherry picking. Many coaches run their course. He and Rodgers were not on the same page and it was time to go. He was successful overall. Garrett was not good here but even if people liked him it was his time to go.

gimmesix

Reaction score

Two things: McCarthy wasn't buying the groceries in Green Bay, so he didn't have much say in the players he was given. And one of the first things he did was bring in a legitimate special teams coach.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Man this is BS coaches win with inferior talent. Doug Pederson does it all the time.
all the time accept when destroyed them on many occasions,

twice the year before and garett has great record against the NFCE includes Pederson.. last year Pederson needed dak to have his worse game of the year because we came out in the second half and every postion accept QB was destroying the eagles..we should have won that game going away and it wasn't Garett that couldn't hit those Wrs, it was dak..sorry but the eagles should not have won that game..it was what 8 point for 38mins and series after series dak was horrible until time ran out..

as matter of fact I think garett or rush could have won that game playing QB instead of Dak, thats not on garett..

you dont have to lie garett but saying he sux is wrong..

gimmesix

Reaction score
I think that’s cherry picking. Many coaches run their course. He and Rodgers were not on the same page and it was time to go. He was successful overall. Garrett was not good here but even if people liked him it was his time to go.

I'm not even sure being on the same page was the biggest issue. I think Rodgers' health was. If Rodgers had been healthy, I think a lot of those issues would have gone away, but he was trying to be the same ol' Rodgers when he just wasn't. I believe McCarthy was trying to adjust, but quarterbacks can be stubborn about believing they are Superman.

First, he had the broken collarbone in 2017, which is a tough injury to overcome and caused him to miss about half the season, then in the first game of 2018, he suffered a tibial plateau fracture and a sprained MCL in his left knee. He also suffered a concussion that season.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Listening to The Fan and here them discussing this and getting fan texts saying this staff is not better than the last one.. LMAO! Are these the same folks who feel the Earth is flat by any chance?
Who?

fivetwos

Reaction score
Garrett objectively is probably in the top 25% of coaches in NFL history... but the mental midgets here don't like to think too hard. Gonna be a real funny place to be here when things don't magically improve just because they replaced the coach... the mental gymnastics will likely become legendary.
Wow!!

Still TBD, but let's see how many HOF players came thru here when Garrett was either OC or HC and they barely sniffed an NFC final appearance, let alone a SB.

Top 25% in HISTORY??

You may never see anyone allowed to do less with more over that long of a period.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's part of it too but is this DC really an improvement over what they've had? The D and ST were not good and that's not all on coaching.

People would make that talent comment and I would scratch my head and look at that defense. Even when the team was a factor, the D was always the problem.

Big_D

Reaction score
Check back during the season for the answer to that.

Some are seeing McC as the second coming and already announcing this staff is better than Garrett's but there is no proof of that yet. And he was my first choice of the mentioned candidates but I never bought that "this is the most talented team" stuff either.

I was just tired of Garrett and everything about him and most of all discussing him here.

HC's catch too much blame and credit and I've yet to see one throw, catch, run, block or tackle except for Woody Hayes and Mike Tomlin.

CC.. 10 years and it’s not the coach? 13 really with some pretty ridiculous game day decisions in that time. But McCarthy gets mid season in year one for a proper comparison? The scheme, preparation, clock management and cojones of your football team are all on the HC long before they take the field. Long before they throw, catch, run, block or tackle.

This guy failed miserably whenever there were opportunities to go deep into the playoffs. Garrett’s personality in a nut shell. A HC and a team that couldn’t handle any pressure whatsoever! It’s not like he performed and they didn’t. Like that Eagle game week 16. You knew exactly what was coming. No one even got there hopes up anymore. There was no hope at all with him here.

Last edited:

fivetwos

Reaction score
all the time accept when destroyed them on many occasions,

twice the year before and garett has great record against the NFCE includes Pederson.. last year Pederson needed dak to have his worse game of the year because we came out in the second half and every postion accept QB was destroying the eagles..we should have won that game going away and it wasn't Garett that couldn't hit those Wrs, it was dak..sorry but the eagles should not have won that game..it was what 8 point for 38mins and series after series dak was horrible until time ran out..

as matter of fact I think garett or rush could have won that game playing QB instead of Dak, thats not on garett..

you dont have to lie garett but saying he sux is wrong..
A DECADE with some very good players, a fair amount of those going to the HOF.

Two playoff wins. ZERO NFC title appearances.

Yep, sure. He was awesome.