Are there really fans that would rather still have Garrett?

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
It's not like there's a dozen coaches who have won a Super Bowl out there...

not all super bowl wins are created equal. Brian Billick was available too, but no one’s putting him in Reid’s class. There are plenty of coaches with no rings (yet) that are viewed as superior to ones who do.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
not all super bowl wins are created equal. Brian Billick was available too, but no one’s putting him in Reid’s class. There are plenty of coaches with no rings (yet) that are viewed as superior to ones who do.
Sure. The point is that it's not that he isn't qualified.

You can probably make a case for other coahces, but none of them have his resume, so it's not like the Cowboys skipped out on a bunch of good candidates .

batman36

Reaction score
Why do we even keep takiing about that looser of a clappper
Well now, in fairness to him, he was good as a clapper, perhaps one of this era's best. It was his coaching that left some fans with foul dispositions, and churned stomachs. :clap:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
The thing about this team last year is they had plenty of chances to win his division. They just kept losing. And the only reason it even took as long as it did was the Eagles kept losing too until it came time to face us. Garrett could've been fired on Thanksgiving for that performance and it would've been justified IMO.
Oh yeah..

What's that old saying..

"No scorn like the scorn of a jilted lover"

As lovers of the team we all feel jilted..

by Garrett for not winning more..

for Dak not getting us to the playoffs..

for Jerrah not being the GM we think we deserve..

and on and on.

Right now..I think the pendulum is swinging too far at McCarthy to save us.

If the team stumbles, he needs to look out, too.

Just saying.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Listening to The Fan and here them discussing this and getting fan texts saying this staff is not better than the last one.. LMAO! Are these the same folks who feel the Earth is flat by any chance?

Apparently there are. And how can we forget the 10 year sad ramblings of Garrett lovers like Dre11, Diehard, and idgit?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Wasn’t me. I was on board this had become too toxic environment for Garrett. It was time for him to go and should have done so before the season was over. Had a thread early on stating as such. Right after the Patriot game. But I wasn’t on board he was totally at fault.

You are a total and complete liar. :lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao::lmao:

how utterly pathetic your denial.

fivetwos

Reaction score
fair amount LOL a few induvial with big stats doesnt make a TEAM..those same individuals have had bad games in the playoffs game or the win and you are in games Garett lost..give it break the truth lies right down the middle..those losses were not because of Garett alone..

I saw Murray fumble in a playoff game running through a hole about 2 yards wide when a finger of player barely in the picture touches it, same game Baily misses 2 Fgs, and the ref says no catch.. thats on garett thats the playoff game we go to an NFCCG?

How about the next year different team but yet the player with what 1:15 left on the clock cant cover a TE ? the CB and S got beat not garett..they were leading with 1:15 to play and didnt stop that offense..

Is it Gareets fault the rams game that somehow the payers couldn't tackle? i mean he wasnt the ones being ran over by 2 RBS no longer on that team, we lost by 8 on the road, i question those players beign our of posotion or given about 50% of effort it takes to tackle big RBs with head of steam and mosve ot if they and put an arm out.. what was that garett told them in TO to not tackle and be soft? alot of those payers with shiny new deals and Garett gone..

No one saying getting rid of garett was wrong or wants him back but dismissing the players lack of execution or a history of makig the big mistake at the critical part of the game..theres a lot of players on this roster that fold under pressure in the big moments and getting paid for what they did against soft teams.. none have stepped up when it mattered..
As far as your grammar and writing skills go....

It's a process...
Stack good practices on top of good practices...
Look to improve in all phases...

But most of all, look at the tape and see how you can improve.

Not usually my style, but somehow I think that's the only language you may find enlightening, and it's impossible to decipher what you're even trying to say.

Saying Garrett's players didnt make every single play so he didnt succeed is ridiculous. He had plenty to work with here and found new ways to blow it constantly.

He had a decade. Case closed.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Sure. The point is that it's not that he isn't qualified.

You can probably make a case for other coahces, but none of them have his resume, so it's not like the Cowboys skipped out on a bunch of good candidates .
It got to where the robot voice had to be replaced more than anything.

The players tuned him out and he lost the team.

Philly was almost as if they wanted his tenure to mercifully end. Every single player is coached by his agent not to bad mouth the coach, but most of them either knew Garrett wasnt taking them anywhere or simply didnt respect him. Whether that had anything to do with Jerry or not is another debate.

He had to go. Time was up. Even Jerry was POed at him by the end of last year. Was some kind of new blunder after the next.

johneric8

Reaction score
the inconsistencies were mostly on Jason Garrett! End of the discussion. Any team that can look that great one week and that terrible the next consistently year after year that is all coaching.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nope, I don't even think he was related at all to Garrett. It is even to this day hilarious how much he was in love with Garrett.

You can use my username if you want to. I won’t be mad.

I might get on you for posting a terrible interpretation of my actual position, but you’re a big boy. You could probably handle that discussion if you want to have it.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
You can use my username if you want to. I won’t be mad.

I might get on you for posting a terrible interpretation of my actual position, but you’re a big boy. You could probably handle that discussion if you want to have it.

Sorry, it wasn't you. Unless you assumed an alternate username. I remember you defending Garrett a lot but I never thought you were in love with him. Your defenses of him were actually pretty fair. I didn't agree with you but you made some valid points. You looked at certain things while almost all others looked at other things to judge Garrett. I remember the person being very, very, hostile :)

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sorry, it wasn't you. Unless you assumed an alternate username. I remember you defending Garrett a lot but I never thought you were in love with him. Your defenses of him were actually pretty fair. I didn't agree with you but you made some valid points. You looked at certain things while almost all others looked at other things to judge Garrett. I remember the person being very, very, hostile :)

Ha! Wow. I was 100% sure that was referring to me. My bad.

But I think I did just crack your code. :)

blueblood70

Reaction score
As far as your grammar and writing skills go....

It's a process...
Stack good practices on top of good practices...
Look to improve in all phases...

But most of all, look at the tape and see how you can improve.

Not usually my style, but somehow I think that's the only language you may find enlightening, and it's impossible to decipher what you're even trying to say.

Saying Garrett's players didnt make every single play so he didnt succeed is ridiculous. He had plenty to work with here and found new ways to blow it constantly.

He had a decade. Case closed.
they made more then there share of average amount of mistakes in big games..you sir are ridiculous the payers were far more to blame for playoff failure as was the coaching staff..

so take this proverbial stick and shove it where the sun dont shine..i doubt theres room up there but hey give it a shot..

you decipher that well enough?

10-4 im out..DB

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
they made more then there share of average amount of mistakes in big games..you sir are ridiculous the payers were far more to blame for playoff failure as was the coaching staff..

so take this proverbial stick and shove it where the sun dont shine..i doubt theres room up there but hey give it a shot..

you decipher that well enough?

10-4 im out..DB

Aw...……...Your hero got fired. Do you miss Garrett? :muttley:

morat1959

Reaction score
not true its YOUR opinion , the definition of suck would not be Garett's record the last 10yrs..sorry average yes suck NOPE sorry better study up on your.. the most used term for Garetts teams have been mediocrity , well that means middle, but suck would be bottom.. that we were not..
Your your definition of suck and others differ. Mediocrity is sucking in my opinion. Especially since there was a 10 year run of it. Our issues however have run much deeper than any member of the coaching staff for a long time.