Are we even a playoff team right now?

Use Your Illusion

Reaction score
I'm trying not to overreact here, but in the midst of all this talk of being a championship contender, I wonder if we're even a playoff contender right now.

We're sitting at 4-2 and are a couple of lucky bounces away from being 2-4 or 3-3.

The fact is, this team won't win a championship with the way things presently are. With a soft, weak-minded, clueless head coach like Fat Wade, poor play calling, a special teams unit that gives up at LEAST one big return every week and was one of the main reasons we lost today.

To add onto ALL that, we have a quarterback that cannot play four quarters of mistake free football. He simply cannot do it. Today he only turned the ball over once but was a couple of recovered fumbles and a dropped INT away from having four turnovers.

These are not qualities of a championship team and quite frankly not even qualities of a playoff team. After a hot start, we're looking like the team that struggled at the end of last season to beat teams like Detroit and then limped into the playoffs.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
A playoff team, yes. But barely. We need to perform better than that if we want a Super Bowl.

cowboyrock

Benched
Reaction score
Nope. right now this is not a playoff team.this team is bad right now.it is not a playoff game.

JakeCamp12

Reaction score
Based on the last 2 games, we are not a playoff team. To me Romo looks hurt as he has no zip on his ball and he is short arming a lot of throws that he makes with ease. But we got beat on both sides of the ball today and on special teams and we got our punter knocked out for the season and now I am betting Felix will be out a few weeks with a bad hammy, no Newman for possibly the rest of the season and who know how long Adam Jones will be on the team, so it is only a matter of time before this team rolls over and dies as we have no one that can talk the talk and walk the walk when we need it...

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
If they keep up this poor level of play..i really dont think they do make playoffs...its sad with all this talent they cant put it all together...im really hoping they turn it around ..........this is a sad day

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Our defense isnt good enough to beat anybody that will make the playoffs.

Any qb that has decent talent around him can do whatever he wants on our team. Its been that way for a number of years.

We have ware, ratliff and bradie and zach.

the rest of the guys are pretty average and are treated like celebrities.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
I really kinda doubt it...the oen thing we could fallback on was our great offense, and its pretty lousy right now.

The defense folded like a house of cards in the 2nd half (as usual) and the special teams are probably the worst in football.

They have 12-4/ 13-3 talent, but the play on the field looks like 7-9 or 8-8

And for the blind homers, Wade isnt the guy to wave the magic wand and fix this.

kojak

Who Loves Ya Baby?
Reaction score
We won't be if we can't start mixing it up a bit on offense. Just seems to me defense's pretty much have us figured out and we are not changing anything. We are to predictable. IMO

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
We are not a playoff team period, their is no swagger to this team, there is no heart or urgency to this team

just like the start of the game, all folk had to do was come up in the hole and shove arrington out of bounds but he whiffed on the play;

either tony curtis or bobby carpenter whiffed on the guy that ran into mcbrair and tore his achilles from reports,

this team has no urgency, they are looking like it, depending on romo to pull them out the last few seconds,

again just like i said, this team and john madden said it,the team takes on the personality of the team,

wade phillips is laid back, a good ole boy, so are the players, no urgency, no heart or swagger to play hard,

till some accountabilty is held for who gave up the touchdowns, on special teams, and miss management on time out right before the half ended, this team needs to look at itself and do some soul searching for passion to want to play,

wood28

Reaction score
no way.... every week looks worst to D. .... we need to put a finger in coaching staff right now IMO

DALLAS D

Reaction score
kojak;2330468 said:
We won't be if we can't start mixing it up a bit on offense. Just seems to me defense's pretty much have us figured out and we are not changing anything. We are to predictable. IMO

exactly it seems we dial up the same plays in situations we have already seen they dont work in. the play calling is too predictable.

30yrheel

Reaction score
let's see, play the giants twice, at the skins, at the eagle, at the steelers, wow, looking at 9-7 the way we're playing

tnbk

Reaction score
I remeber JG on "Hardnocks"......

"Find your swagger, or find the door."

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
Not with this kind of play.
I'm no chicken little, but this is 3 straight weeks of poor performance.
Our receivers can't get open, our line can't block and Romo cannot run. Functioning under the impression that he should mimic the nature of another QB, he's changed his game, to the detriment of his own innate ability - the thing that got him where he is.

Our secondary is porous and Ware shouldn't be celebrating a token sack in the 4th quarter. Try to get it done in the first and second and give the guy a reason to get happy feet.

No way this team stands up well against the Giants. It seems the Eagles game, which was a great game, took all the energy the Cowboys had, that was their last good game and they've slid downhill since.

No playoffs at this rate.

wood28

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2330481 said:
wade phillips is laid back, a good ole boy, so are the players, no urgency, no heart or swagger to play hard
:hammer: imagine Bill Cowher´s heart whit this defence. we need some one like him IMO

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
wood28;2330562 said:
:hammer: imagine Bill Cowher´s heart whit this defence. we need some one like him IMO

Perhaps that's right.
I can't help but think this team is way more talented than what it's showing.