Are we going to be able to build a super bowl contender w/ Jayon and LVE?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by kskboys, Feb 13, 2021.

1. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

25,676 Messages
    27,935 Likes Received
    Serious question. Logically, I'd say we almost have to dump both and start over at the LB position before we can build a super bowl D. Can those guys be a part of a top 5 D? Serious doubts here.

Zordon, EJK24, Captain-Crash and 8 others like this.
  2. blumayne38

blumayne38 Well-Known Member

3,537 Messages
    2,360 Likes Received
    Chill man they both are fine, we need to beef up the interior line

Furboy, dmq, blueblood70 and 2 others like this.
  3. Diehardblues

Diehardblues Well-Known Member

35,602 Messages
    20,766 Likes Received
    Doubtful

LB might be my 1st round pick.

Furboy, Uncle_Hank, Bowdown27 and 2 others like this.
  4. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Well-Known Member

32,901 Messages
    21,564 Likes Received
    No, those guys wont be around the day we have a shot to be SB ready. Cant have a tough defense with Jaylon in the middle. And being a top draft pick someone else will pay LVE more than he is worth. Both guys need to go and go quickly.

DenCWBY and jwitten82 like this.
  5. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Well-Known Member

32,901 Messages
    21,564 Likes Received
    Ummm.............No, they both suck. We need to beef up the interior line AND find 3 new linebackers. Wont happen in one year. 2 maybe 3 years until we can realistically have a top 5 D.

6. Typhus

Typhus Catching Catfish

8,721 Messages
    8,899 Likes Received
    The problem isnt just with JS and LVE, this entire defense has major issues.
    At least we started the rebuild with Gallimore and Diggs.
    Donovan Wilson might emerge as a 6th round steal.
    So there is hope.
    Lets see how Quinn addresses the cards he has been dealt, holding four deuces can win a round in poker.

Paradox, Furboy, aria and 1 other person like this.
  7. Typhus

Typhus Catching Catfish

8,721 Messages
    8,899 Likes Received
    Gallimore was a rookie, but he flashed, and I see a playmaker in the making here and Ive said since he was drafted that he reminded me of a young Leon Lett and I stand behind that still.
    I like that LL is his coach, its a nice pairing, and I agree that we need to keep going that route, drafting young DL, another hit is needed.
    This will be a very interesting draft,, I dont want to go there on this thread because the Mods will move it, since we are not allowed to post anything draft related so I will end it here.

blumayne38 likes this.
  8. slick325

slick325 Well-Known Member

6,579 Messages
    5,081 Likes Received
    Sure, if the FO puts some quality DTs in front of them at both 3T AND 1T.

9. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Moderator

82,198 Messages
    60,146 Likes Received
    They were both part of a top 8 unit 2 years ago with a DL that mostly stunk.

10. jwitten82

jwitten82 Well-Known Member

4,355 Messages
    5,764 Likes Received
    Maybe that year was the exception, just one year wonders

Uncle_Hank and Mr_437 like this.
  11. Mr_437

Mr_437 Well-Known Member

6,703 Messages
    6,789 Likes Received
    Question: Does anybody think Jaylon or LVE is a dawg?

The middle of the Cowboys defense is fragile and punch drunk. They have to bring in an anchor at NT first and foremost...then they need a true MLB, and last an enforcer at SS. Also a 3T is in order for the middle too. Nothing I saw from Gallimore or Hill would stop me from signing/drafting anyone.

Two cents: Jaylon and LVE aren't tough enough to be MLB...they WILL backers.

jwitten82 and Typhus like this.
  12. Cebrin

Cebrin Well-Known Member

2,753 Messages
    2,655 Likes Received
    We need a true WILL. If we have a true WILL, and beef the middle watch ooout. They can cover, and run. They're not dogs. We need a dog.

Mr_437 and Typhus like this.
  13. Cowfan75

Cowfan75 Well-Known Member

4,585 Messages
    5,039 Likes Received
    LVE might make a play once in a great while. Jaylon is utter trash. So, no.

14. NEODOG

NEODOG 44cowboys22

2,355 Messages
    2,439 Likes Received
    I'll trade them both & a 2nd for #45 Bucs

mardwin and DenCWBY like this.
  15. Diehardblues

Diehardblues Well-Known Member

35,602 Messages
    20,766 Likes Received
    Two risk injury draft picks further examples why this defense has been inept this era.

We’ve either had bust, off field issues or injury risk high picks in 1st and 2nd rounds which has prevented this defense from further success.

kskboys and BBGTYCOON like this.
  16. GMO415

GMO415 Well-Known Member

11,841 Messages
    18,990 Likes Received
    Sure as LVE sits on the training table and Jaylon is late to every play.

mardwin, Aven8, Sarge and 2 others like this.
  17. doomsday9084

doomsday9084 Well-Known Member

760 Messages
    1,216 Likes Received
    There are a lot of problems. First off, LVE only plays half the time. Then you have Jaylon's contract. Before you even play a game you have some significant issues.

I think with fantastically better line play and a generally better scheme that the two of them would be . . . . OK but they certainly aren't a strength.

I will say this, I sure hope Dallas doesn't waste a high draft pick trying to fix the position. They have much bigger problems at DT, S and CB. I just don't think LB is as important as other positions nowadays where most downs are passing downs.

I sure hope that Jerry doesn't give LVE an extension. Paying him 10m per year to recover from the 3 plays he was on the field is such a Jerry thing to do.

GimmeTheBall! and kskboys like this.
  18. JoeKing

JoeKing Diehard Zone Supporter

24,298 Messages
    20,865 Likes Received
    No, because the Jones boys neglect too many other positions. Safety and DT are two positions that need addressing every year.

kskboys likes this.
  19. Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country Well-Known Member

6,120 Messages
    7,299 Likes Received
    With the players we have on defense we're better suited running the 3-4. Because LVE and J.Smith need three DT's in front of them to stop the run.

So I say we trade DLaw, then make Anae and Gregory our 3-4 outside linebackers (putting LVE and JSmith inside). Gallimore and Hill could be our starting DE's in the 3-4, with another big body like Marvin Wilson at NT.

Because if are moving forward with these two guys at LB in the 4-3, we'll never have a top ten defense against the run. And if you can't stop the run, you can't stop anything else.

Captain-Crash and kskboys like this.
  20. McKDaddy

McKDaddy Well-Known Member

2,925 Messages
    2,549 Likes Received
    no, they aren't fine. regardless of improving the play in front of them, poor play is still poor play.