Are we good at safety? or if not, Bring in two former 1st rounders in

Blackthorn

Reaction score
Reid and/or Vaccaro

I get what Reid has done is volatile with owners, however in a different building he has moved past it; on Mar 22, 2018. The fans will take him at his word. Reid and Vaccaro are two players that could improve the defense and limit the use of players that don’t have the elite skill-set. I am worried about Kavon and Heath, can they do it?

Guys, I want to win a Superbowl and this aggressiveness will solidify a need that was not addressed in free agency nor the draft. I say bring in Reid and/or Vaccaro for OTAs and see if they are a fit. Team friendly terms with incentives. I know you like it.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Only if there are injuries and we are desperate. Don't need bad attitudes.
Neither one is a difference maker. Niners had Reed playing LB. They let him go. Wood and Heath, I think, are as good or better than Reed and Vaccaro. Also, don’t like Reid’s attitude.

Common Sense

Reaction score
Reid brings a ton of baggage. Do we really want that?

He really doesn't, though. The most troubling thing about Reid is his concussion history. He's never been arrested for beating women, doing or selling drugs, being uncoachable, a locker room cancer, or any of the other things various fan favorites around here have been known for.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
He really doesn't, though. The most troubling thing about Reid is his concussion history. He's never been arrested for beating women, doing or selling drugs, being uncoachable, a locker room cancer, or any of the other things various fan favorites around here have been known for.

I always laugh at people who think Reid is some kind of bad guy for sticking up for what he thinks is right.

He's very active in his community and gives back alot of his time, energy, and money. Baggage? Lol no.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
We are going into next year currently with Heath as a possible starter.

We'd be foolish NOT to bring in Reid, Vaccaro, or Boston. We could get any or two of the three for a nice price right now and they'd be instant upgrades.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
I always laugh at people who think Reid is some kind of bad guy for sticking up for what he thinks is right.

He's very active in his community and gives back alot of his time, energy, and money. Baggage? Lol no.
Thank you. All he did is what everyone is doing now. He and Kap were just ahead of the curve.

Common Sense

Reaction score
I'm good with playing Woods.

I am not good with playing Heath or Frazier.

Hopefully either Earl Thomas or Tre Boston is playing next to Woods this season.

I'm good with playing Woods. I'm not good with starting a 6th round draft pick from a year ago when Pro Bowl safeties are sitting out there in a depressed free agency market. If the Cowboys were smart, they'd bring in two safeties this year and relegate Woods and Heath to the role player positions they belong in -- some combination of Thomas, Boston, Reid, or Vaccaro. Pick any two.

This year is a buyers' market for safeties the way 2013 was for defensive ends, when Seattle picked up Bennett and Avril for a song. We know how well that worked out. Why not replicate it?

32BellyOption

Reaction score
Reid and/or Vaccaro

I get what Reid has done is volatile with owners, however in a different building he has moved past it; on Mar 22, 2018. The fans will take him at his word. Reid and Vaccaro are two players that could improve the defense and limit the use of players that don’t have the elite skill-set. I am worried about Kavon and Heath, can they do it?

Guys, I want to win a Superbowl and this aggressiveness will solidify a need that was not addressed in free agency nor the draft. I say bring in Reid and/or Vaccaro for OTAs and see if they are a fit. Team friendly terms with incentives. I know you like it.

We are not good at safety. We should have selected Kyzir White in the 4th round instead of forcing a pick for a pass rusher to satisfy Rod.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Reid and/or Vaccaro

Folks can make 100 more Reid threads and Jerry still isn't going to sign him, because reasons.

Tre Boston

I wouldn't hold your breath hoping for him, either.

mardwin

Reaction score
At 26 years young I would take Reid but the NFL teams have colluded to keep him out ala Kapernick. The notion that this front office believes that Jeff Heath and Frazier are better than Reid is total bull crap.