Are we good at safety? or if not, Bring in two former 1st rounders in

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I couldnt care less about those two as people.

It’s quite simple for me. Do we have depth issues at S? Yes. Could Reid, or Boston, or Vaccaro help us? Yes. Will they likely be cheap? Probably.

I won’t worry about made up stuff like Reid being a locker room cancer or other bizarre allegations you’ve made.

Can they help and will they come cheap? That’s all I care about.

So now you do not care about what Krapernick and
Reid were championing? Their symbolic act on behalf of ... whatever nebulous issue?
Have the power of your conviction, man. Where is your conviction, your devotion to the good cause!!

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
So now you do not care about what Krapernick and
Reid were championing? Their symbolic act on behalf of ... whatever nebulous issue?
Have the power of your conviction, man. Where is your conviction, your devotion to the good cause!!
Haysoos Simple Christmas...
Love you, you know I do, but let this go.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I can only say what I think and I'm not gong to do that, on this subject, here.

C'mon! Say it! Say you think Krapernick and
Reid are idiots!
Say they are saints!
Say their message is gold. Or Krap!
Say something!
Stella!
Stella!!!!!

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Haysoos Simple Christmas...
Love you, you know I do, but let this go.
Me, let go?
I DONT let go!
I stand on conviction.
I stand in the rain.
Calling her name!
I DONT let go of the tiger's tail!
Harumphhh!

Corso

Reaction score
C'mon! Say it! Say you think Krapernick and
Reid are idiots!
Say they are saints!
Say their message is gold. Or Krap!
Say something!
Stella!
Stella!!!!!
You are a magnificent *******.

Corso

Reaction score
You should have seen me in "Angels"!
I had them crying in the aisles!
The men cried without remorse!
The high-school production? You were an amazing director. A real Roman Polanski without the... soda drinking.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
You're here... Talk to me.
So suggest Vaccaro, Tre Boston or a host of others? Big deal.

The Fam has already dismissed them all as not better than what they have.

Corso

Reaction score
So suggest Vaccaro, Tre Boston or a host of others? Big deal.

The Fam has already dismissed them all as not better than what they have.
What does that even mean? You want them? You don't? You have a real problem with being straight.

Alexander

Reaction score
What does that even mean? You want them? You don't? You have a real problem with being straight.
What I want is not exactly relevant to what they do. I think by mentioning them, yes, I would go that route. But there is next to no point any more.

They will continue to think they have a clue when they don't.

They will continue to make the same mistakes over and over again.

Address one need, fail to think about the slow leak in the dyke that eventually explodes.

I just hope the radical changes that happened this offseason mean something. At least there is change.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Reid and/or Vaccaro

I get what Reid has done is volatile with owners, however in a different building he has moved past it; on Mar 22, 2018. The fans will take him at his word. Reid and Vaccaro are two players that could improve the defense and limit the use of players that don’t have the elite skill-set. I am worried about Kavon and Heath, can they do it?

Guys, I want to win a Superbowl and this aggressiveness will solidify a need that was not addressed in free agency nor the draft. I say bring in Reid and/or Vaccaro for OTAs and see if they are a fit. Team friendly terms with incentives. I know you like it.
Those players are not that good.

Vaccaro was used a LB at one point because he struggles to cover as a Safety.

Reid was moved from FS to SS then LB and back to SS. He has some ability but not enough to deal with his issues or the money he reportedly wants.

Tre Boston reminds me of Byron Jones at FS. Boston is more likely to get an INT but his overall coverage ability was very similar to Jones. Boston does not enjoy playing the run.

Corso

Reaction score
What I want is not exactly relevant to what they do. I think by mentioning them, yes, I would go that route. But there is next to no point any more.

They will continue to think they have a clue when they don't.

They will continue to make the same mistakes over and over again.

Address one need, fail to think about the slow leak in the dyke that eventually explodes.

I just hope the radical changes that happened this offseason mean something. At least there is change.
You have zero answers and you cannot really second guess them beyond second guessing them. Talk about intellectual laziness...

Corso

Reaction score
I am seriously losing respect for this guy... What's his name? Alex something?
He's some snark guy that has nothing to say beyond he doesn't know, but he doesn't like it.

Alexander

Reaction score
You have zero answers and you cannot really second guess them beyond second guessing them. Talk about intellectual laziness...
And yes, dear friend, you offer even less. You demand answers, yet all you do is question.

Not a damn person on this board has a "solution". The tragic part is that nobody in a decision-making role in the organization does either.

Corso

Reaction score
And yes, dear friend, you offer even less. You demand answers, yet all you do is question.

Not a damn person on this board has a "solution". The tragic part is that nobody in a decision-making role in the organization does either.
I question nothing, but you. You act like you have answers. I do no such thing.

Mountaineerfan

Reaction score
I always laugh at people who think Reid is some kind of bad guy for sticking up for what he thinks is right.

He's very active in his community and gives back alot of his time, energy, and money. Baggage? Lol no.

It's kind of like people give Julene Edelman so much credit for potentially stopping a school shooting. When all he really did was tell his assistant to report it. Some people just get love.

d_cowboy31

Reaction score
It really bothers me how this team doesn't seem to value safety at all. Anyone who thinks we are set at safety is crazy. We have literally put zero resources into the position. We have two unproven 6th round draft picks and Heath (undrafted), who is proven, but has proven that he is not starter material.

It never hurts to bring in some competition and a veteran player would be good for our very young secondary. I highly doubt that Vaccaro, Reid or Boston would not be an upgrade to one of the spots. As others have mentioned, if our guys could beat one of those guys in camp then great! Let them prove themselves.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
The high-school production? You were an amazing director. A real Roman Polanski without the... soda drinking.
You deem to speak to me, a fellow Greek of the stage, that way?
When you, Euridice of Thebus, was want for emotion in Antigone, was it not me who sent in the sentry to relieve you of the drama? Fed you lines, and grapes, until your heart bled this tragedy of Antigone? I Creonte rise to applaud you. But not much, knave!
I take the poison root at will and you laugh.

Corso

Reaction score
You deem to speak to me, a fellow Greek of the stage, that way?
When you, Euridice of Thebus, was want for emotion in Antigone, was it not me who sent in the sentry to relieve you of the drama? Fed you lines, and grapes, until your heart bled this tragedy of Antigone? I Creonte rise to applaud you. But not much, knave!
I take the poison root at will and you laugh.
I will laugh.
My heart tis dry as the Sahara's greatest curse. I look for shelter, not sympathy. What shelter shalt doth thou give? One of a singularist, or one with a kind ear? Donkey's milk must have nourished better than thee and thine...

Rockdoc

Reaction score
in terms of safety
i think they will go thru OTAs and see what they look like
maybe they wait until fall camp
they must have a short list of teams and free agents