Are we lucky to have Dallas football on Turkey day?

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
.... I believe so. Ever since I can remember, Dallas and Turkey have gone hand in hand. Its like a special privilege Dallas fans are accustom to. I've even sensed jealousy from people knowing Dallas plays on Thanky Day. Does anyone remember how this came about? Or when did it start?

....;).... Go Cowboys.. :starspin:

Praxit--- we will win against Wash...put that in 3 inch letters

RS12

Reaction score
Some traditions are good. Thanksgiving and the Cowboys is one of em. 1974 Clint Longley game has to be the most memorable and to me the most satisfying.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
..lol..know the feeling. The Romo days Thanksgiving games were stressful..;).. At least to me.

but because they teases us with win against Vikes...now it will be a sressful Thanksgiving

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yeah I really think so too.

we got too...they humiliated us last time..we only scored 3 points against them...and if that win against Vikes meant anything we got to roll it over Wash

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
When the NFL wanted teams to play on Thanksgiving, no team wanted to. I think Tex made a deal, saying we would do it, but it had to be for life.

I remember we didn't play on US Thanksgiving in 1977, first yr I started following. Do you remember why?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And it is even more special when it's the Cowboys v Indians and I don't care what they call them selves, they'll always be the Commanders to me.

And just what's wrong with a demeaning and defaming name when it's a team from Washington DC with annoying people like Riggins, Talbert and Theismann playing for them? Hail to the, aw, go to hell!

Nothing like a big meal, complete with Tryptophan, and for dessert, a generous helping of hate for the Commanders. Just one more thing to be thankful for.

starfan1

Reaction score
hell to the Ya. tryptophan and cowboy football its the american way

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
.... I believe so. Ever since I can remember, Dallas and Turkey have gone hand in hand. Its like a special privilege Dallas fans are accustom to. I've even sensed jealousy from people knowing Dallas plays on Thanky Day. Does anyone remember how this came about? Or when did it start?

Vince Lombardi after the 1965 season decided that the packers wouldn't be playing on turkeyday anymore so the NFL was looking for another team to take their place. When no team jumped right away at it the NFL was then going to have rotating teams for the second game but before they settled on that Tex Schramm said the Cowboys would take over but it would have to be a permanent thing like the lions and the packers before. The NFL agreed and the start of Cowboys on turkeyday started.

Beaker42

Reaction score

Hadn’t missed a Cowboys’ Turkey Day game either in person or on TV from ‘74 (7 years old) until two years ago. I just quit caring and was sick of the product. Maybe I start back up tomorrow.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score

Not really, I can't recall a Turkey day when the Cowboys won.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Hadn’t missed a Cowboys’ Turkey Day game either in person or on TV from ‘74 (7 years old) until two years ago. I just quit caring and was sick of the product. Maybe I start back up tomorrow.

Why bother you stopped being a fan and if you start again now you'll just be a fair weather fan anyways.