Are we not going to talk about that 4th and 2 call?

J12B

Reaction score
I thought it was an absolute terrible decision to go for it in that situation.

That early in the game you take the points. It wasn't a 4th and a short 1.

On top of that, it was a horrible play call. The Jets clearly knew what they were running there.

To me that was the difference maker of this game.

Next play or two and Chido gets burned for a 91 yarder.

Huge turn of events. All momentum was in Jets favor.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Yeah bad decision. But if Dallas makes it and scores a TD they probably win the game and everyone praises the decision that won us the game.

the offense should get 4th and short every time. Sell the run...throw a little hitch to a wide open player in the flat

Kaiser

Reaction score
It wasn't a stupid call because no coach calls a play thinking their 4th OT will literally let a DE go untouched to the QB on the opposite side of the field.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score

On top of that, it was a horrible play call. The Jets clearly knew what they were running there.

Agree ten point swing right there and right when they made the decision I told my son how dumb they were. You take the points especially on the road. The play itself was even worse than the decision to go for it.

starfan1

Reaction score
And if we hadn't gone for it, people would be talking about that as well. Last week it was a 70 yard FG that we didn't try. :facepalm:

It should not come down to this against a crappy team like the Jets. Our problems go way beyond that.

the cowboys didnt play well but this narrative that the jets are just crappy when coming into the season they were picked 2nd in that division is just not correct. They are a different team with darnold they have been playing with their 3rd string QB the equivalent to us playing with Mike white and their defense isn't horrible

did the cowboys not play well yes but the jets are not as bad the fins and skins

foofighters

Reaction score

No. Now go away. Seriously, off you go...

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And if we hadn't gone for it, people would be talking about that as well. Last week it was a 70 yard FG that we didn't try. :facepalm:

It should not come down to this against a crappy team like the Jets. Our problems go way beyond that.
You are right, but stupid decision making is a Garrett calling card.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
the cowboys didnt play well but this narrative that the jets are just crappy when coming into the season they were picked 2nd in that division is just not correct. They are a different team with darnold they have been playing with their 3rd string QB the equivalent to us playing with Mike white and their defense isn't horrible

did the cowboys not play well yes but the jets are not as bad the fins and skins

I respect your opinion but I don't make excuses for a team that had a lot of us thinking of at least an NFCCG. We're nowhere close to that. That was my point.