Are you a fan in 2020

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I’ll always be a huge fan, but they aren’t making it easy. I don’t have the same enthusiasm I used to have. I’m not as excited about the games as I used to be. Getting repeatedly disappointed year after year takes a toll.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
giphy.gif

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Of course I will still be a fan, that is not going to change...…….even if Jerry gives Clappy a new 20 year contract after we miss the playoffs:facepalm:

What will change is how much time, money, and energy I spend on the Cowboys. Probably will cancel Sunday Ticket, probably will not spend money to go to any games, and probably will not post here as much.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If the team doesn't make the playoffs and Garrett is still the coach? I may still
be a Cowboys but less interested in the games played. The thrill for the team has begun to slip away with each Garrett year.
If you're not, you shouldn't call yourself a fan. Go follow the Browns, the won a game last night.

shabazz

Reaction score
The NFL in the past 5 years has done its upmost to destroy the integrity of a sport that was so dominate that it has actually withstood these abuses.

But it wont last forever, officiating, hypocrisy and choosing policies by virtue of PC knee jerk reactions will lead to its degradation

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
I have been a fan since 1974 and that won't change. Should Garrett get extended I most likely will stop watching the games, and like others have said Jerry won't receive a single cent from me. But neither Jerry or Garrett will be around forever and their reign will eventually end. I just hope I'm still alive to see it.

romothesavior

Reaction score
If the team doesn't make the playoffs and Garrett is still the coach? I may still
be a Cowboys but less interested in the games played. The thrill for the team has begun to slip away with each Garrett year.
I've grown less and less interested since 2014.

It will require a coaching change for me to get my fandom mojo back.

John813

Reaction score
I mean, there have been way darker times than now.

There's still hope for a better future with the current players we have now.
Maybe a simple coaching change is all that is needed.

Take this over the late 90's/early 2000's.

MCMetal69

Reaction score

Be a fan until the day I'm gone (and probably beyond).................As much as I adore this franchise , I'm truly getting tired of watching such 2nd and 3rd rate coaching going on..................................................

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Just deny you're a fan if people ask you. That's what I do.
Yea when people ask me. I always say. I know We suk. How would you like Jerry as an owner.

Taking a stand up comedian first shot at ourselves usually eases the criticism. Nothing easier to attack for opposing fans than a BlindHomer.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Of course... I think one of the many definitions of a sports fan is sticking with "your" team through thick and thin.

Here is an off-the-wall thought: can you imagine being a fan of the Cowboys for the past two decades with a silent, behind-the-scenes owner... the anti-Jerry Jones. I have often been left shaking my head at Jerry's comments, but I have never failed to be entertained.

:laugh:

TheHerd

Reaction score
yep , but I'm not the guy that was depressed for a year after the 94 championship game anymore. "The Catch" game made me sick for a month and when Jackie Smith dropped the TD.......Oh my
This for me. I'm the long distant past, a regular season loss meant Thursday before anyone could talk to me. Playoffs were much longer. Not proud of it, but that's the way it was.

The league has destroyed my fanaticism, not the team. I can never let go of bleeding blue and silver, but my main source of NFL everything is this board. I don't watch many other team games, and I often "watch" the Boys right here through the game day thread. Y'all are basically my team now.

Go Cowboys!

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Been a fan of this team since I was 6 years old in 1964. I will never let the Jones Cartel steal my fandom. But I stopped getting getting upset about losses a long time ago.

Since about 2007, I have adopted the philosophy of “I will believe it when it happens”. Jerry does a sales pitch every year on why we should buy this product. But until this owner gets more serious about winning than he is about “getting credit”, I will have low expectations.

I want them to win. But until this owner gets tired of throwing season after season away with a sub par HC, I will be surprised if they do much besides make the Jones family a ton of coin.

Big_D

Reaction score

If Garrett is back in 2020, I'm done. It's official. I can't watch this guy on the sidelines any longer and pretend everything is heading in the right direction. Jerry can go F himself. If you care for a team then the owner should do the same.